Lift Question from a New JKU owner - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Az Scooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-09-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Lift Question from a New JKU owner

I am looking at a 3" lift. I had narrowed the decision down to a Teraflex ST/3 but now I am looking between the Teraflex ST/3 w/ Fox reservoir shocks, Teraflex Alpine CT/3 with Falcon 3.3 Shocks, or the Teraflex Overlander kit with Falcon 3.3 shocks. Can someone help me with information on the differences? Explain the reason why some kits have limit straps and some don't? This will be a mainly sand and mud off road JK for now with plans for trail and rock use in a few years. I will be running 35s as well once this kit is installed. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Granite Guru

FYI. Not saying it happens to most but with my 35's on it cause my trackbar front bracket to fail. The welds broke clean off the axle. Welded on Artec front and rear bracket. Also got rid of death wobble.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited. Auto. Mods: 3.5 RK Max Travel Kit, RK tie rod. 35" Nitto Trail Grappers. Eaton 4 Pinion E-Lockers front and rear. Nitro 30 spline chrome moly front axles. Yukon 5.13 gears/Cyrotreated. Sleeved and gusseted front axle. Dynatrac ball joints. Mopar big brake kit, Advance Adaptors 4wd shift linkage, Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft. Ace Rock Sliders. Terra Flex hinged tire carrier, Carolina Metal Masters grab bars. Exp One Frt Bumper. Warn Zeon 12 Winch.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Rock God

If I was you, I would call Teraflex. They can outline the differences better than anyone here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 01:26 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
If I was you, I would call Teraflex. They can outline the differences better than anyone here.
This, they are great people to deal with. I spent damn near 30min on the phone with them talking about BJs... (Ball Joints!) But they are great. Those Falcon Shocks are sexy though... still not convinced about the reason the rear being down at the bottom. I just see it being dragged on rocks, but what the hell do I know. I would still run them, they are on my short list to up grade to.

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 07:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Differences from someone who can't outline the differences as well as Teraflex:

Alpine ST3:
Full set of adjustable control arms (they look like Synergy's, adjustable while installed)

Sport ST3:
Fixed length control arms (only 6, not full 8)

Outback:
Heavier duty springs to maintain comfortable ride with heavy cargo in cabin
Full set of adjustable control arms (they look like Synergy's, adjustable while installed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode