Lift kit help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By thedirtman
  • 2 Post By snout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Lift kit help

Hey first time post so with me
Had my Jeep Wrangler 2013 unlimited for little over a year now and I want to lift it and put 35s I was wondering how the Quality of the " SuperLift 4 in. Suspension Lift Kit w/ Shocks" opinions welcome
Just wanna know if it's an complete kit or would I need other stuff
recommendations welcome to on different lifts kits

Link
extremeterrain.com/superlift-4in-liftkit-w-shocks-4d-1217jk.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Wheeler

no, your going to need to address more than what your getting in that low quality kit, even with exhaust spacers for the driveshaft to clear the crossover its going to hit anyways. Also at 4" your going to need a new front driveshaft because the angle will destroy the boot at the Tcase joint. Caster will also be an issue because you need adjustable control arms not those junk ass cam bolts at that height to recenter the wheels in the wheel wells and correct pinion angle/caster. That kit doesn't address steering geometry at all which will change drastically with 4" lift, I also don't see any brake lines in the kit either which will be a must!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara4me View Post
no, your going to need to address more than what your getting in that low quality kit, even with exhaust spacers for the driveshaft to clear the crossover its going to hit anyways. Also at 4" your going to need a new front driveshaft because the angle will destroy the boot at the Tcase joint. Caster will also be an issue because you need adjustable control arms not those junk ass cam bolts at that height to recenter the wheels in the wheel wells and correct pinion angle/caster. That kit doesn't address steering geometry at all which will change drastically with 4" lift, I also don't see any brake lines in the kit either which will be a must!

What kits would you recommend? Thanks for the input too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You only need about 2.5" of lift to run 35s. Like he said above, that lift is very incomplete for a four inch lift. You will have it installed and hate the way the Jeep drives until you spend more money correcting everything.

Rock Krawler is a great option if you want some adjustable components and a nice ride/handling. The package pricing includes Bilsteins, but for as little as $33 you can upgrade to Fox shocks. RK's kits all include an adjustable front track bar and adjustable front sway bar links/disconnects. These are generally upgrades on other systems. If you're set on a 3.5 - 4" lift we can get you set up there, but you're going to want to expand your budget by about double what that Superlift kit runs.

Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Suspension System

PACKAGE: Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System + Bilstein 5100s (Options Available)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Agree with many of the responses. I'm on 35s and a 2 inch with flatties. More than enough room, and I'm on a true to size 35.
2.5 would be the most I'd go before other issues creep up, as previously mentioned.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

One more thing, consider your factory rake. Sometimes aesthetics's win over intended use.
What I'm trying to say without pissing off everyone, is the rake has some benefits. Outside a MINOR aerodynamic benefit (extremely minor) it comes in handy when you have cargo/heavy bumper/tire/hi-lift/gas or people in the back. Things tend to add up and even out quickly. That way your Jeep when loaded doesn't look like it's trying to take a sh#t.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Granite Guru

I just bought the Mopar 2" kit off of Amazon for $910. It's a great deal for that lift and have seen a lot of great reviews. Looking forward to getting in on, along with the tires I've had sitting in the garage for months while I agonized over what lift to get....

Question for the experts: What else do I need? Are the geometry correction brackets a must have?

Edit: Just checked. Sale is off on the Mopar now. Back up to $1330. Sorry

'12 White JKUR

Rugged Ridge Modular XD bumper w/9500 winch
2 1/2 inch Mopar Lift
35" Pitbull tires
post #8 of 15 Old 08-04-2017, 07:39 AM
JKO Addict!

What you are going to do with the jeep and what budget you have are a couple of important things to address. If you are just a daily driver looking for a more aggressive look a simple 2" budget boost with shocks extensions can be had for a couple hundred dollars. You will gain the needed height for 35's and maintain the factory amount of articulation. Flat fenders will also give you the look of a lift and give you more room for bigger tires without touching the suspension. Some will also add a 3/4" coil spacer up front with flats to level the jeep if that is your thing. You will also need wheel adapters or new wheels with 4.5" or less of back spacing to run a 35x12.5" tire so figure that into the cost. Finally you may want to check your gearing as making the jump to 35" tires if you have 3.21 gears will kill the performance of the jeep and gearing tends to be an expensive modification generally running around $1500. Watch your tire ratings many put too heavy a tire on their jeep and end up with a rough ride. I typically recommend a C rated tire but you may find a D rated works for you. I would avoid any E rated.

IF you are looking for more suspension travel then you will be looking into a more complete lift with longer shocks and more components and there are tons of companies out there that will address you needs. Metal Cloak, Synergy, Currie, Clayton, JKS, are all worth a look on the more expensive end of the spectrum.

Good luck with the build.
Rancho Suspension likes this.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 15 Old 08-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Wheeler

the better kits will cost more in the short run.. but will be well worth it..
Personally AEV lift kits are worth the money and work the best (for me)
I run 37's and have a 3.5 inch lift and do touch the stock fender when off road but with 35's
you can run 2.5 and have less issues that will cost money to go taller..
I did not change my exhaust with the 3.5 lift and have had no issues,, but did change my drive lines to a
thinner on.. so either way if you go above the 2.5 lift you will have more issues to deal with
post #10 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 07:16 AM

Hi guys
Here is a review of the best Jeep Wrangler Lift Kits.
The experts were selected as the best for the 07-18 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited - Rough Country 2.5 "Suspension Lift Kit

imcarexperts.com - Reviews of best parts and accessories for your car
post #11 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkIrman View Post
Hi guys
Here is a review of the best Jeep Wrangler Lift Kits.
The experts were selected as the best for the 07-18 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited - Rough Country 2.5 "Suspension Lift Kit
Going full retard before 7am, I see.
j3ff3ry_j33p and libordemise like this.
post #12 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 10:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Going full retard before 7am, I see.
Banned...lol

Was that the new mod swinging the hammer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #13 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Banned...lol

Was that the new mod swinging the hammer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
don't bot my forum on me havin a rough work day....

edit: srry, guys; OUR forum.

who was it that said to ," nip it in the bud."?

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 02-21-2019 at 10:27 AM.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 08:49 PM
Granite Guru

I've been running a 2.5" teraflex lift with shock extension brackets for about 10000k now, no problem at all... almost had a catastrophic problem, but i averted it and now; no problem at all. I put a 1" front coil spacer in to compensate for the new stinger bumper and winch, welded some axle 'c' gussets on, and it's good to go! 33 inch duratracs, 3.21 gears are not happy about my decisions.

Who knows about motive gear!? Are they any good??
post #15 of 15 Old 02-22-2019, 08:32 AM
Granite Guru

Also!
You will need either extended control arms as was mentioned or you can get control arm drop brackets, I got rancho ones and they are awesome actually. If you ever disconnect you r front sway bar for extra flex you will definitely need either exhaust spacers or an aftermarket drive shaft, otherwise the boot on the drive shaft will be burned by your exhaust!! No fun!! I haven't been able to prise the brake line bracket from my front brakes so I haven't tested my flex out yet. These mods are necessary for only a 2.5 inch lift! There is a lot more to do with the higher lifts, as the more exp. Guys have said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode