Transmission cooler help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joker1JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Feedback: 0 reviews
Transmission cooler help

I have a ripp superchargers transmission cooler. There instructions installing are vague at best. Ripp is a great company dont get me wrong. Has anyone installed one of these on a 07-11 jk and lost ac? As these transmissions share a cooler with the ac condenser... I can follow along with other installation guides on how to splice into the hoses and what not, but ripp doesnt show any diagrams on this. They also have no instructions on how to install into a 11 jk but show it works with 07-16 jks. I just want to make sure I install this product right and dont compromise anything.
Joker1JK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Granite Guru
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 183
Feedback: 0 reviews

you can follow the trans lines from the tranny. The top is the return and the bottom is the out put to the cooler. I ran mine into and out of the factory cooler first and then into the bottom of the aftermarket and out the top to the tranny return. This means cutting the trans return line (again the one on the highest point of the transmission)

Good Luck

16 JKU Sport
RK 3.5 X Factor, UD 60's, Atlas T Case 4.3:1,
TR Bead locks with Toyo Open Country MT's,
VKS Bumpers and Sliders. EVO Skins,
PSC Hydro on Synergy Steering,
Fox Shocks and Bumps
"40's Baby!"
2011 JKU RUBI "SOLD"

Last edited by ChuckMRN; 07-27-2017 at 09:51 PM.
ChuckMRN is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joker1JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Feedback: 0 reviews

How did you splice the hoses? They dont provide any thing to splice into the hoses? What year is yours? And do you have any pictures for a reference?
Joker1JK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Granite Guru
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 183
Feedback: 0 reviews

Sold the 2011 so nothing to take Pic's of for ya. But what I did was use a dremel with a cut off wheel and removed the factory rubber portion of the trans return line (crimp and all) and slid the 3/8's rubber hose in the kit over the factory tubing and double hose clamps. Its not the best and will leak/weep eventually, but will work for a while. I eventually went with all braided line and AN fittings before it would stop the annoying drip.

16 JKU Sport
RK 3.5 X Factor, UD 60's, Atlas T Case 4.3:1,
TR Bead locks with Toyo Open Country MT's,
VKS Bumpers and Sliders. EVO Skins,
PSC Hydro on Synergy Steering,
Fox Shocks and Bumps
"40's Baby!"
2011 JKU RUBI "SOLD"
ChuckMRN is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-28-2017, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,811
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMRN View Post
Sold the 2011 so nothing to take Pic's of for ya. But what I did was use a dremel with a cut off wheel and removed the factory rubber portion of the trans return line (crimp and all) and slid the 3/8's rubber hose in the kit over the factory tubing and double hose clamps. Its not the best and will leak/weep eventually, but will work for a while. I eventually went with all braided line and AN fittings before it would stop the annoying drip.

Hey, @ChuckMRN

when you switched to the braided line you used the compression fittings and just cleanly cut the hard line and used these , right? I have the spliced hose with barbed brass and fuel line hose clamp solution in place presently + for past 4-5 years on my '11 auto for the B&M aux tranny cooler I installed,but have had these Summit AN fittings and braided hoses on my shelf for 2 years and need to install. I don't need to flair hardline with these fittings , right? Thanks and sorry to hijack OP


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Granite Guru
 
ChuckMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 183
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

Hey, @ChuckMRN

when you switched to the braided line you used the compression fittings and just cleanly cut the hard line and used these , right? I have the spliced hose with barbed brass and fuel line hose clamp solution in place presently + for past 4-5 years on my '11 auto for the B&M aux tranny cooler I installed,but have had these Summit AN fittings and braided hoses on my shelf for 2 years and need to install. I don't need to flair hardline with these fittings , right? Thanks and sorry to hijack OP
Well, I tried those too. Again, they worked for a while and then I went balls deep and cut off the ends of the factory lines and silver soldered bungs over the tubing to -6 male and went braided line to everything. Including all my power steering stuff. Took that opportunity to go -8 return on the PS stuff. Apparently at the time I had more money than skill working with this type of line and fittings, but I learned a lot.
And you are right, no flair

16 JKU Sport
RK 3.5 X Factor, UD 60's, Atlas T Case 4.3:1,
TR Bead locks with Toyo Open Country MT's,
VKS Bumpers and Sliders. EVO Skins,
PSC Hydro on Synergy Steering,
Fox Shocks and Bumps
"40's Baby!"
2011 JKU RUBI "SOLD"

Last edited by ChuckMRN; 07-28-2017 at 07:08 AM.
ChuckMRN is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,979
Feedback: 8 reviews

This is all I did. Yeah kinda cheap but it works and has been working for about 7 years now.

B&M Automatic Transmission SuperCooler 70268 Jeep Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-28-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Joker1JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
This is all I did. Yeah kinda cheap but it works and has been working for about 7 years now.

B&M Automatic Transmission SuperCooler 70268 Jeep Wrangler
.

So you installed your ripp like a B&M? No leaks? Because thats what ive been thinking of trying
Joker1JK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome