Curious about Spacers. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rb6700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Curious about Spacers.

New 2016 JKU hypergreen. Thinking about adding spacers to "widen the stance" a bit. It will be a bit before I can add new wheels, tires and lift. Has anyone used spacers on stock wheels and rims? This is purely cosmetic, curious how it changes the look. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Granite Guru

Just about everyone has used them when putting oversized tires on stock wheels. Until you buy tires save your money.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Jeeper02 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Random Dude

I ran Spidertrax spacers with my stock Rubicon wheels - rock solid, zero drama, made in USA. Would recommend without question.

I put the spacers on when I did my lift, and then had to wait a bit to buy my 35s. Spacers widen the track, add stability, and don't cost much.

I say "go for it". Just make sure you get good ones and install 'em (or have installed) properly. Don't fuck around with safety.

EDIT: for reference, 2-door with 2.5" lift and stock rims with spacers - stock 32s, then 35s

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 06-03-2017 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Added a purty peetchur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Granite Guru

No problem with running spacers. Just get good ones like what was said above and make sure to follow installation instructions to the T and remember to take the stupid stock retaining clips off of the wheel studs, if not, you will loose a wheel while driving.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-03-2017, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyjfm View Post
No problem with running spacers. Just get good ones like what was said above and make sure to follow installation instructions to the T and remember to take the stupid stock retaining clips off of the wheel studs, if not, you will loose a wheel while driving.

Thanks for the insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #6 of 8 Old 06-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

just so OP has the proper regurgitation of data (that's - I'll remind obnoxiously- pretty easily searched for and found on this very forum )on the subject , should we mention that even the good ones(spacers) can still & will cause additional load strains upon ball joints that are already mediocre from factory or would that open a can of worms we don't need to summon forth again ? Yep. We've all run 'em but the farther out you go the more leverage strain is placed upon the joints on the C's ... like every modification, it has trade-offs to consider, even if negligable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-04-2017, 08:40 PM

They change the look dramatically, just installed wheel spacers and a 1" puck to the front springs. leveled her out just right until I decide what complete setup I want.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-05-2017, 06:29 AM

I have about 4,000 miles on the SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers on my 2017 Willys.. No issues so far at all. I love the look it gives
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode