Dynomax exhaust systems. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rb6700
  • 1 Post By Rancho Suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dynomax exhaust systems.

Does anybody know what the issue is with Dynomax? I've used a few of their exhaust systems over the years and called a few dealers to get a replacement system for my jeep. The system I wanted has been on back order for 8 months, one dealer had told me and the system that I ordered after a few days I got a call that system was discontinued. Anyone on the left coast know what's up with them ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
BigBeard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post
Does anybody know what the issue is with Dynomax? I've used a few of their exhaust systems over the years and called a few dealers to get a replacement system for my jeep. The system I wanted has been on back order for 8 months, one dealer had told me and the system that I ordered after a few days I got a call that system was discontinued. Anyone on the left coast know what's up with them ?

they're probably just retooling their systems right now. Either updating the systems they carry or coming out with a new one to replace some. which two were you looking at?

This is my Signature
post #3 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
they're probably just retooling their systems right now. Either updating the systems they carry or coming out with a new one to replace some. which two were you looking at?
I was looking at their quiet crawler since I have a few neighbors that like to complain about me speeding going to fire calls. I figured I'd put the quietest system they had on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Granite Guru

Build it yourself. Go to their website and pull up the install instructions. It will list the individual part numbers for that exhaust. Then order the parts individually.

My friend did just that about two months ago and it came out slightly cheaper than the "kit". That system has been on backorder forever. He found all the parts on Amazon. You can also try your local auto parts stores for some of the pieces.

Sent from a payphone
post #5 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
I was looking at their quiet crawler since I have a few neighbors that like to complain about me speeding going to fire calls. I figured I'd put the quietest system they had on it.

you have shitty neighbors if they complain about how loud your JK exhaust is. what the hell kind of system do you have right now? exhaust delete? lol

This is my Signature
post #6 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

let's not look the aside that these sh*tty neighbors that like to complain sure would not b*itch if he was speeding ,late-evening as a volunteer fireman call in the middle of the darn night to one of their relatives or their own homes;
people have some nerve & we have all but lost the fundamental core of our
society in two generations after a great one. Fuck anyone that gripes about a damn fireman, if that is wht OP is saying.

<edit: I went a little off the handle there. Touched a nerve. Whomever sggted you go to Dynomax's site and build the thing from referencing the PDF parts for the kit you want then plug those numbers into mazon and you'll save and have the muffler you want. If I am right about what I presupposed you meant, I would run an amplified straight pipe AND a legal siren>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 05-11-2017 at 05:48 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
let's not look the aside that these sh*tty neighbors that like to complain sure would not b*itch if he was speeding ,late-evening as a volunteer fireman call in the middle of the darn night to one of their relatives or their own homes;
people have some nerve & we have all but lost the fundamental core of our
society in two generations after a great one. Fuck anyone that gripes about a damn fireman, if that is wht OP is saying.

<edit: I went a little off the handle there. Touched a nerve. Whomever sggted you go to Dynomax's site and build the thing from referencing the PDF parts for the kit you want then plug those numbers into mazon and you'll save and have the muffler you want. If I am right about what I presupposed you meant, I would run an amplified straight pipe AND a legal siren>
As a retired city police officer I like to keep a little professional courtesy with the suburban cops where I now live. If it was 30 years ago I'd have 20 friends using the street as a personal race track. I'm running a dynomax system now but the rocks are taking their toll on it.

post #8 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
As a retired city police officer I like to keep a little professional courtesy with the suburban cops where I now live. If it was 30 years ago I'd have 20 friends using the street as a personal race track. I'm running a dynomax system now but the rocks are taking their toll on it.

understood; I wasn't insinuating we turn into scofflaws , only if the folks were complaining of you taking off late nite for some Emergency response call ...
I , too, am taking-on damage to the Muffler part of dynomax's Evolution Competition pre-axle dump and have friends on here that have steered me towards a lower profile ( bullet or race bullet) Muffler to use in its stead ...my dunomax was loud at first few years but has really mellowed with age. It hangs just a tad below framerails tho and gets beaten mercilessly on its lower side ....other than that, for the money it has been a great exhaust...are you running the can shaped one ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Here are all the parts you need to replicate the system. I used Summit and Amazon to piece mine together.

post #10 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
understood; I wasn't insinuating we turn into scofflaws , only if the folks were complaining of you taking off late nite for some Emergency response call ...
I , too, am taking-on damage to the Muffler part of dynomax's Evolution Competition pre-axle dump and have friends on here that have steered me towards a lower profile ( bullet or race bullet) Muffler to use in its stead ...my dunomax was loud at first few years but has really mellowed with age. It hangs just a tad below framerails tho and gets beaten mercilessly on its lower side ....other than that, for the money it has been a great exhaust...are you running the can shaped one ?
I'm running the VT exhaust system. The tips and the muffler and one of the pipes are banged up pretty good. I got into a fight with a rock at Rausch creek.

post #11 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 02:53 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Pretty much this (I was/am DynoMax too) been an interesting 16 months or so...
We are slowly getting product back online too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
mvjeeper likes this.

post #12 of 13 Old 07-16-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hate to bring back an old thread but I think dynomax is out of business. Looking in magazines today is see that 4 wheel parts had stopped advertising dynomax exhaust systems in their adds. None of you west coast guys have any in site about this.

post #13 of 13 Old 07-16-2017, 08:51 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Wink

Matt Rancho/DynoMax.
We are still here!
Long story short (or long)
Custom production lines can be spendy.
We are slowly getting back online.
We have been making a bunch of JK systems lately and the fill rate is going up.
Stay tuned!

As DynoMax we will be back (if all goes well) Q4.

Quote:
Hate to bring back an old thread but I think dynomax is out of business. Looking in magazines today is see that 4 wheel parts had stopped advertising dynomax exhaust systems in their adds. None of you west coast guys have any in site about this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode