Memorial Day Big Bear Trip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By whiteyjfm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Memorial Day Big Bear Trip

Hey everyone. A couple of buddies and I are looking into a trip down to Big Bear over Memorial Day weekend. Most of the Rubicon will more than likely still be covered in snow I'm guessing, so we chose Big Bear as an alternative. I'm in need of recommendations since I've never recon'd the area. Possibly going to stay at a campground called Serrano. It appears pretty centrally located and a good launch point, since I've never been there. Some of the trails I've researched look like they have some difficulty and the moderate trails look like they'd just be cool to cruise around on. Probably bring my fishing poles and maybe the .22's if that allowed. Looks like its a pretty good network and most trails connect one way or another. Please chime in and provide some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Granite Guru

Make sure you book a camp site. They opened a few weeks ago and get booked pretty fast.

We had a lot of snow and rain this year, so the trails might be interesting. Gold mountain is a good one. Little John Bull and John Bull is supposed to be the hardest. Holcomb creek is very nice but friends did it a week ago and said it was much harder than in the past. Still lots of water on it that made the rocks slippery. Dish Pan in another good one and not to bad except for the one water fall. White mountain is a good one to and not to hard. Depending in the temps, horse thieve flats in nice too, but is exposed and have no shade.

The Jeep Jamboree is this weekend so I guess the trails will het some maintenance done to them. You can't go wrong with any of the trails up there and none is super hard. If you can do the Rubicon, you can do Big Bear too.
Alfie831 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-06-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks Whitey! Yes it ism this weekend. There are some video's on Facebook. Looks dry right now and all those trails you mentioned I was looking at as well.Thanks for the info on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Granite Guru

John Bull trail is a fun trail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode