U Connect Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

U Connect Question

When I bought my JK, I wanted to have the U-Connect feature on the stereo enabled, but the salesman said it wasn't available "as it is", and it would cost another $800 to get it hooked up. Doesn't sound right, but being a Jeep isn't the quietest ride (I run a soft-top), maybe the gang at Jeep never expected it to work right. I've got it on a Durango, and it's a pretty ok system.

Has anyone got any experience with U-Connect in a JK? I work mainly on military bases, and they have strict rules about "Total Hands-Free" only on mobile phones - it's a very efficiently issued $75 ticket so a co-worker tells me. Personally, I'd rather listen to music and wind when I wear my daily driver hat, but out of convenience I'm looking into hands-free. Either using this system or a Palmetto Bug in my ear (not fond of 'em).

2008 JK Wrangler X - Detonator Yellow

"Yes I am a pirate. Two hundred years to late..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Granite Guru

I added U-Connect to my JK, it has worked well for me. What and how to enable it depends on which radio you have in your JK.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Rock God

I added it with the MyGig. I got a mic from Coastal when I bought their decoder. Their mic sucks. Good at idle but get the Jeep rolling (with a hardtop) and you have to lean way far forward to be heard... I will probably order the Mopar mic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

I have the U-Connect working on my non MyGIG radio. If you have MyGIG you only need the microphone and the latest software update. If you have a non-MyGIG like mine, then you need the UConnect module kit. It has a list price of $250, but my dealer sold it to me for $200. The module also has to be activated with StarScan, which my dealership charged a half hour labor for. It was defintely worth it, I've been very pleased and it works great.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Granite Guru

x2 I have it non mygig I think it works great my wife says it sounds a little tinny......could be me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode