is there a "what's it worth?" section? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Question is there a "what's it worth?" section?

hihere, been a user on here for a bit read posts but hardly posted a lot. I was curious if there's a "what's it worth?" section for those who are thinking/planning on selling their JK but uncertain on how much their jeep would go for with x mods, miles, condition, etc? I want to ensure I'm following the forum rules before posting it in some random section, which is why im asking
thanks for everyone's help.

2007 2dr Sahara 4wd
4" Pro Comp Stage 2 lift kit....on nitto terra grapler 34s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Its worth what people are willing to spend. Your best bet is to scour the for sale section and see what Jeeps are being listed at. That should give you a starting point.
eBay is another great place to look and I only say it because you can see what auctions closed at so you can get an idea of what people are paying vs. what people are asking.

A general rule of thumb I like to use for a starting point is blue book value plus 50%-75% of the mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Granite Guru

It's subjective - there is no formula, chart, reference guide, depreciation schedule, etc. for customization.

Unfortunately, most add-ons and build-ups are worth pennies-on-the-dollar, if anything. Sometimes, depending on the amount of personal style (or component quality/reputation/installation) involved, may actually detract from typical market value... or at least severely restrict the potential buyer audience.

For financing, add-ons hold precious little benefit and blue book or other similar valuations are held for the collateral value of the vehicle. Bottom line is "banks don't care."

As was mentioned, it's worth whatever the buyer thinks it's worth, regardless of "$xxxxx invested!!!" claims.

Dustin Tarditi
Haddonfield, NJ
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

thx guys, I figured I'd ask first before posting a long thread on it. the other reason is because jeeps (wranglers in general) tend to be worth more than what the blue book value is on their resale value as compared to like a chevy sedan or truck.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Rock God

I'll give ya tree-fiddy.

I follow ALASHA's formula for buyin' and sellin'. 75% of aftermarket is asking a bit much but, if you throw in the take-offs, I don't think its unreasonable...them stock pieces is 'spensive.

It's all negotiable and different valuation books offer significantly different numbers. There's also the locale to consider, supply and demand. Some of the asking prices are stupidly exorbitant regardless of add-ons, mileage or locale. Also, people will try to sell at a price that will pay off their loan...their financing choices aren't the buyer's responsibility.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 08:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfred View Post
I follow ALASHA's formula for buyin' and sellin'. 75% of aftermarket is asking a bit much but, if you throw in the take-offs, I don't think its unreasonable...them stock pieces is 'spensive.
I would only consider 75% for high dollar or high labor things like axles or long arm suspensions...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Rock God

That sounds good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode