JKOwners Forum banner

Best seat covers

29K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  funfred 
#1 ·
looking for some goos Seat covers for my 2011 wrangler JK, driver seat is cracked and peeling. Any suggestions would be awesome

#4 ·
Most neoprene covers look and fit great for about a year or so ( obviously dependent upon other factors as well) but the majority that I've had or seen, simply did NOT hold up well in regards to longevity... eventual fading, tearing, wear, etc.

TrekArmor and Bartact cost a bit more but will stand the test of time and look/ fit fantastic... year after year... regardless of how tough you are on them.

#6 · (Edited)
it strikes me as odd that more people don't run what I am (& have great experience with thier durability and fit and looks) ; the Covering Vinyl ( I think they call them 'Leatherette') from Quadratec. I got rear bench free with thier annual sale and the black with grey middle looks like factory in my 2011 unlimited Sahara .
I originally got vinyl because it occasionally go thru mud I cannot avoid in my geographic locale plus I have kids so that was the main idea s they are cheap. They've turned out to be non distinguish able from OEM fit and durable as heck . I dragged a non covered chainsaw accidentally across one a few weeks ago and it didn't hurt it . I give them a 8 of 10 with one point off for headrests in rear using elastic instead of full wrap u fee headrest like front two but aside from that they are a great cover. No sag ; they fit tight. Kids can drag baseball softball spikes across them or drink sticky drinks and Dad doesn't care . 37" KO2 deflated rides off-road on the folded down resr seat ,lying on the zippered back cover and it's weight doesn't tear or bother covers at all . I abuse them badly .
Many have bad opinion of them but not me. I'll go get pix later today and add here if you wanna see them .:jeep2:

#7 ·
#9 ·
I favor my TrekArmor seat covers. I put them on in the first couple of months when I bought my '11, and they still look great. There is a slight wear area on the front edge of the driver seat, where I scoot my fat ass in and out. But it is not bad for 6 years of getting in and out.

#11 ·
#13 ·
right? every year , QTec runsthat sale on everything and the other neoprene and canvas seat covers are always buy the fronts get a rear one free! offer. They honor it for ALL coverking stuff. Under $300 about 4-5 yearas ago.... still do the sale. I do not recall what time of year that is tho. Check the ongoing sales for any front purchase rear free. I will search , too. It is a good deal.

#12 ·
with the utmost of respect I meant to add for USMC , yeah, I worried about that - primarily- as I was contemplation ordering a set. I compromised just because covering the things from kids and abuse (recall that I have that high mileage XJ since '95 and that YJ since 94 so I have learned) was more important than me sliding. Turned out I was pleasantly surprised because either I sweat so much or they are so thick but I do not budge. if anything, maybe in the winter with wool on but denim and or even shorts, you get warm and in 2 min you are kinda stuck to the stuff. They used a lot of foam on backside. Maybe I got lucky and a good set? EVERYONE says you will slide , sweat and they are cheap but I differ on all but the heat. They do not breath at all. Small price to pay for being able to snag with a 20" chainsaw not doing anything to them. I wheeled hard two weekends ago up really steep crap and was in jeans and a barn jacket. OEM belts. I didnt budge. weird, right? :usa:

#16 ·
Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p
#19 · (Edited)
i got the Smittybilt neoprene seat covers back when i bought my jeep in 09 cause they were cheap. fitment was so-so but did the job.
Now i have Bartact and wow do they make some great seat covers. Love my bartact covers and would recommend them to anyone.

i was told the same so i ordered from Northridge4x4 since they had it in stock. Also i think they still have some new leftover stock of the Trekarmor covers

#22 ·
one company I will say is way overpriced is wet okley. I bought a set for my old tj and in a year they were sun faded and stained so bad I took them off. I used there uv protectant and only cleaned them with there cleaner. I wouldn't give you a 100 bucks for another set of them.

#23 ·
I know this thread is kinda old, but what makes the Bartact ones so good? I am in the market for some nice seat covers, preferably something that will hold my driver's seat together. The stitching has busted out on the driver's side of the driver's seat and teh padding falls down some, which makes me sit with a lean to the left when driving and it's killing my back. Will the Bartact ones cinch up the underneath of the seat pretty tight to kind of hold it all together?

#26 ·
I really like Marathon, I have them in my '14 ram. They are greasy and dirty, but fit perfectly and never move. Several friends also have them, and get along great

Just ordered a set for my '16JK, 7 weeks from ordering till they should arrive. Front seats, headrest and a driver's "gear pouch" $250

#28 ·
....and if you can't afford Bartact as-is, you can still find new-old-stock of Trek Armors floating around for discount prices. I got lucky and just scored a NOS rear set for $180 on ebay.

There's a full set on there right now for a JKU with gecko stitch going for $175 and some extras. Great deal if you don't mind the gecko color.

#29 ·
You also have the option of replacement covers. Not something that slides over the existing seats but rather new upholstery that replaces your stock material. We are installing some from TMI on our build now, customized to match our theme. Happy to answer any questions you may have if you're interested in that route.

#30 ·
Bartact (TrekArmor) have covers in the $190 range which are prolly readily available. When you go for their MilSpec covers ($290?), I think it's gonna be hit or miss on delivery depending on your color choice.

I waited about 8 weeks for my custom color MilSpecs but, otherwise, have no complaints. Like USMC, mine have been on for years and look brand new...I only run a bikini top and park outside so it's not like they haven't been exposed to sun and weather. They still fit like the proverbial pair of gloves, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.