Best seat covers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 03-15-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Best seat covers

looking for some goos Seat covers for my 2011 wrangler JK, driver seat is cracked and peeling. Any suggestions would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

easiest question ever.

bartact. not even close.

top quality. made in usa. and they have some other cool nylon gear.

:-)

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
post #3 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 AM

I recently got the neoprene covers from Rough Country. Very impressed with how well they fit my 14 JKU and I couldn't beat the price.

2014 JKU
2.5 Lift on 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Most neoprene covers look and fit great for about a year or so ( obviously dependent upon other factors as well) but the majority that I've had or seen, simply did NOT hold up well in regards to longevity... eventual fading, tearing, wear, etc.

TrekArmor and Bartact cost a bit more but will stand the test of time and look/ fit fantastic... year after year... regardless of how tough you are on them.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Bartact and be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

it strikes me as odd that more people don't run what I am (& have great experience with thier durability and fit and looks) ; the Covering Vinyl ( I think they call them 'Leatherette') from Quadratec. I got rear bench free with thier annual sale and the black with grey middle looks like factory in my 2011 unlimited Sahara .
I originally got vinyl because it occasionally go thru mud I cannot avoid in my geographic locale plus I have kids so that was the main idea s they are cheap. They've turned out to be non distinguish able from OEM fit and durable as heck . I dragged a non covered chainsaw accidentally across one a few weeks ago and it didn't hurt it . I give them a 8 of 10 with one point off for headrests in rear using elastic instead of full wrap u fee headrest like front two but aside from that they are a great cover. No sag ; they fit tight. Kids can drag baseball softball spikes across them or drink sticky drinks and Dad doesn't care . 37" KO2 deflated rides off-road on the folded down resr seat ,lying on the zippered back cover and it's weight doesn't tear or bother covers at all . I abuse them badly .
Many have bad opinion of them but not me. I'll go get pix later today and add here if you wanna see them .
JK in SC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 03-16-2017 at 05:46 AM.
post #7 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 06:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
it strikes me as odd that more people don't run what I am (& have great experience with thier durability and fit and looks) ; the Covering Vinyl ( I think they call them 'Leatherette') from Quadratec. I got rear bench free with thier annual sale and the black with grey middle looks like factory in my 2011 unlimited Sahara .
I originally got vinyl because it occasionally go thru mud I cannot avoid in my geographic locale plus I have kids so that was the main idea s they are cheap. They've turned out to be non distinguish able from OEM fit and durable as heck . I dragged a non covered chainsaw accidentally across one a few weeks ago and it didn't hurt it . I give them a 8 of 10 with one point off for headrests in rear using elastic instead of full wrap u fee headrest like front two but aside from that they are a great cover. No sag ; they fit tight. Kids can drag baseball softball spikes across them or drink sticky drinks and Dad doesn't care . 37" KO2 deflated rides off-road on the folded down resr seat ,lying on the zippered back cover and it's weight doesn't tear or bother covers at all . I abuse them badly .
Many have bad opinion of them but not me. I'll go get pix later today and add here if you wanna see them .

Pics please

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #8 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 06:42 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Because I don't want to slide my ass across vinyl that is near its melting point here in AZ.
coilrod and PED'sReady0219 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I favor my TrekArmor seat covers. I put them on in the first couple of months when I bought my '11, and they still look great. There is a slight wear area on the front edge of the driver seat, where I scoot my fat ass in and out. But it is not bad for 6 years of getting in and out.

2011 Unlimited Rubicon
Currently: Henderson, CO
post #10 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Pics please

[/COLOR]
I even left the dirt on for you, Ken.
I took pichures until my Nexus6p was totally drained of electicities.

If you looks I bets you can sees what I mean about how they made the driver headrest look really good ,it velcroes under the headrest securely and visually correct ,like it should but , i suppose to save material or just being Jewish company- i can fuckin say that , guess why? OiVay!...maybe they're just cheap, i dunno - they did it for whatever reason butt the other three headrests look like they have prolapsed anuses or somethin' , not that I know what ...well, ok; I do know what one of those looks like cuz = internets...you do also know what one looks like do not pretend you don't

the headrests look like buttholes to me but other than that they look groovy, imho

MOAR PICHERS HERE:
https://imgur.com/a/mcMhP

after you check out all the groovy Coverking seatcover shots you are all now forced to have a view of my piggy in the gayrage because i think it's pretty cool.http://imgur.com/mfrR4Mj

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 03-16-2017 at 06:17 PM.
post #11 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Dude i want ... good stuff.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #12 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

with the utmost of respect I meant to add for USMC , yeah, I worried about that - primarily- as I was contemplation ordering a set. I compromised just because covering the things from kids and abuse (recall that I have that high mileage XJ since '95 and that YJ since 94 so I have learned) was more important than me sliding. Turned out I was pleasantly surprised because either I sweat so much or they are so thick but I do not budge. if anything, maybe in the winter with wool on but denim and or even shorts, you get warm and in 2 min you are kinda stuck to the stuff. They used a lot of foam on backside. Maybe I got lucky and a good set? EVERYONE says you will slide , sweat and they are cheap but I differ on all but the heat. They do not breath at all. Small price to pay for being able to snag with a 20" chainsaw not doing anything to them. I wheeled hard two weekends ago up really steep crap and was in jeans and a barn jacket. OEM belts. I didnt budge. weird, right?

post #13 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Dude i want ... good stuff.

right? every year , QTec runsthat sale on everything and the other neoprene and canvas seat covers are always buy the fronts get a rear one free! offer. They honor it for ALL coverking stuff. Under $300 about 4-5 yearas ago.... still do the sale. I do not recall what time of year that is tho. Check the ongoing sales for any front purchase rear free. I will search , too. It is a good deal.

post #14 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadr View Post
I favor my TrekArmor seat covers. I put them on in the first couple of months when I bought my '11, and they still look great. There is a slight wear area on the front edge of the driver seat, where I scoot my fat ass in and out. But it is not bad for 6 years of getting in and out.

i dig the molle holding straps. those look very strong and good.

post #15 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
i dig the molle holding straps. those look very strong and good.
Me too. I have a few bags strapped in - behind both front seats and one behind the back seat. I use them for little accessories that would get smashed in my recovery bag or tool bags. The conveniently located allen wrench up front is to remove my license plate so I can access my winch lead.
RUCKDOG and j3ff3ry_j33p like this.

2011 Unlimited Rubicon
Currently: Henderson, CO

Last edited by Nomadr; 03-16-2017 at 08:39 PM.
post #16 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 09:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Found them yes Coverking Leatherette
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14305_220X_PG.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

post #17 of 31 Old 03-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Wheeler

I wish I could add my .02 here but I have been waiting for mine from Bartact for 8 weeks now...and still no word on when they will be here!
post #18 of 31 Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

what do they tell you when you call re: the order? That's a fairly long time ...

post #19 of 31 Old 03-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Rock God

i got the Smittybilt neoprene seat covers back when i bought my jeep in 09 cause they were cheap. fitment was so-so but did the job.
Now i have Bartact and wow do they make some great seat covers. Love my bartact covers and would recommend them to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PED'sReady0219 View Post
I wish I could add my .02 here but I have been waiting for mine from Bartact for 8 weeks now...and still no word on when they will be here!
i was told the same so i ordered from Northridge4x4 since they had it in stock. Also i think they still have some new leftover stock of the Trekarmor covers

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff

Last edited by Chris85xlt; 03-19-2017 at 03:32 PM.
post #20 of 31 Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Found them yes Coverking Leatherette
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14305_220X_PG.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be willing to give these a shot if they came in Saddle. Kind of disappointing.

Hell, I don't see any that come in Saddle. Really kick myself for not getting them when I ordered my Jeep.
kjeeper10 likes this.

'12 White JKUR

Rugged Ridge Modular XD bumper w/9500 winch
2 1/2 inch Mopar Lift
35" Pitbull tires
post #21 of 31 Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Wheeler

Bartact .. hands down. I have them ... had to pry the money from my wallet being as cheap as I am but after getting the front seat pair immediately bought the rear seat cover worth every penny.
post #22 of 31 Old 03-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Wheeler

one company I will say is way overpriced is wet okley. I bought a set for my old tj and in a year they were sun faded and stained so bad I took them off. I used there uv protectant and only cleaned them with there cleaner. I wouldn't give you a 100 bucks for another set of them.
post #23 of 31 Old 01-16-2018, 01:29 PM

I know this thread is kinda old, but what makes the Bartact ones so good? I am in the market for some nice seat covers, preferably something that will hold my driver's seat together. The stitching has busted out on the driver's side of the driver's seat and teh padding falls down some, which makes me sit with a lean to the left when driving and it's killing my back. Will the Bartact ones cinch up the underneath of the seat pretty tight to kind of hold it all together?
post #24 of 31 Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Granite Guru

Bartact was TrekArmor. I love my Bartact ones. They are durable well made and look great.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-

post #25 of 31 Old 01-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Banned

shop online,you can find everything you like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode