Steinjager Mirrors - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W
  • 1 Post By Evo1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-11-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Steinjager Mirrors

A topic that has been bantered around a ton. I would like a set of mirrors that will be wife friendly while doors are off. The little convex jobs just wont cut it for her. Most that I have read is disgruntled guys with mirrors that are junk when travelling faster than 30 miles an hour. After reading and looking at a ton of pics I came across these Steinjager mirrors. With the the second little bracket and magnet it would lead me to believe these might be decent. They are pricey though 132 bucks.

Does anyone have any recommendations on these??
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

These, with your stock mirrors. No vibrations, passenger mirror gets placed in the same position as if the doors were still on.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I have a some Steinjager stuff and it's really put together well, however for some temp mirrors I would go with more of what victim just posted.

JKUR Rock Krawler 3.5", Fox 2.0 shocks, RK High Steer/Drag link flip, 37x13.5/20 & 5.13's and a whole bunch of other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Wheeler

I've been content with the round rugged ridge mirrors that mount on the A Pillar, didn't shake and move nearly as bad as the olympic safari ones I ran prior... but what victim posted looks like it would be ideal.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I've been content with the round rugged ridge mirrors that mount on the A Pillar, didn't shake and move
Ive been running these same mirrors almost since day one on my '14 JK. I didnt like the solar reflectors that came on the doors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 JK Sport Anvil auto

COI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Wheeler

I really like those that victim posted. Very nice. I use the convex mirrors on my vents and like them a lot. I've read horror stories about the mirrors that are mounted in the door hinges. At the same time, mounting them on the A pillar is another option too.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK in SC View Post
I really like those that victim posted. Very nice. I use the convex mirrors on my vents and like them a lot. I've read horror stories about the mirrors that are mounted in the door hinges. At the same time, mounting them on the A pillar is another option too.
I've tried the A-pillar option and I hate it. Passenger side mirror is almost worthless and with the typical A-pillar brackets it's a pain to go back and forth from door to no door. I'll never understand why Jeep decided to move the mirrors from the A-pillar to the doors. If the mirror is designed correctly, the A-pillar is the right place for it. But our factory mirrors are just not designed to be mounted there. Also, anyone with an AEV snorkel will curse the A-pillar brackets.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #8 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 04:26 AM
Wheeler

I can appreciate and agree. Look at early sports cars. Their mirrors were on the fenders. One reason was due to extreme vibration (rendering them useless) at speed when mounted to the doors (thin, lightweight materials for skins). They were mounted on the fenders to give rigidity and reduce vibration.

With the Jeep, which is designed with removable doors, the mirrors shouldn't be mounted to the freakin' doors!

Useless trivia question, what year were the mirrors first mounted to the doors? I've ridden in many CJ5s and 7s, but for the life of me, cannot remember if their mirrors were mounted to the doors. I don't think I ever rode in one with hard doors. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 07:47 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK in SC View Post
I can appreciate and agree. Look at early sports cars. Their mirrors were on the fenders. One reason was due to extreme vibration (rendering them useless) at speed when mounted to the doors (thin, lightweight materials for skins). They were mounted on the fenders to give rigidity and reduce vibration.

With the Jeep, which is designed with removable doors, the mirrors shouldn't be mounted to the freakin' doors!

Useless trivia question, what year were the mirrors first mounted to the doors? I've ridden in many CJ5s and 7s, but for the life of me, cannot remember if their mirrors were mounted to the doors. I don't think I ever rode in one with hard doors. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't say when for sure when they changed, but I know CJs never had mirrors on the doors - if I had to guess, I'd say the YJ
JK in SC likes this.

Ken
post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 10:02 AM
Wheeler

Stienjagger mirrors

I have a set of these. The drivers side is fine with some vibration, the passenger side half of the mirror is blocked by the dash. It still is useable.
JK in SC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode