Wondering if needed. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wondering if needed.

I lifted my jeep 2 1/2 teraflex springs...and one inch body. My tires rub lower control and sway bar on left side...but not on right. I did measure of shift to left...less than half inch (left to right). Steering wheel is barely off to left. I know to fix this will take a track bar, BUT will it hurt the jeep in any way to leave alone? Its not pulling, or running down road weird. Will it hurt any components on jeep. I placed a washer on right side to keep from rubbing. To fix or not? I am looking at metal cloak if I need too...but spending money for cosmetics is not in budget right now.

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh...its a JK Rubicon 2 Door 2016

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)
post #3 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

weird, mine doesn't rub.

This is my Signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

did you index the upgraded coilsprings and by that I mean are they seated into the respective spring perch "niche" for the butt end of the coil spring? Also, did you upgrade the swaybar endlinks? If you've mounted those to wrong side or something it could rub,maybe. You also didn't mention tire siZe.

Can you see how a picture is more valuable than a thousand of these words in this context?

Use of an online, web based image repository such as imgur, Photobucket or Flickr can allow you to post URLs for images you've stashed there to make helpful suggestions far more applicable to your efforts to troubleshoot by way of information from a forum, fwiw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes perched and double checked...end links to sway bar? Got me there! I have to look that upgrade Up! Tires are 34.5 18s...

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)
post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ohhh yeah...I have disconnects...if that is what u mean...teraflex...but I have the Rubicon... It has auto...but from what I researched....I need a backup plan BC they get water in them easy and quit working. I put the two inch teraflex disconnects on it....

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode