Quadratec Stealth vs. Standard, Gen I vs. Gen II - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-16-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Red face Quadratec Stealth vs. Standard, Gen I vs. Gen II

Hi all,

Almost daily I see some confusion regarding our Quadratec LED headlights and the differences between them. We have had 4 different variants of these headlights over the past few years:

-Gen I Standard
-Gen I Stealth
-Gen II Standard
-Gen II Stealth

While in our shop today I noticed a Gen I Standard and Gen II Stealth sitting on the table. I decided to take a photo and post it here so everyone can see the aesthetic differences..

Here is the photo - pardon the cell phone quality!

On the LEFT is our Gen I Standard light. On the RIGHT is our Gen II Stealth light.

Standard vs. Stealth: The Standard version of our LED headlights has a silver "Q" logo and allen bolt heads. The Stealth version has a blacked out "Q" logo and allen bolt heads. This is the only difference. Output is identical, reflector design is identical.

Gen II Standard:

Quadratec® Gen II LED Headlights for 07-17 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

Gen II Stealth:

Quadratec® Gen II Stealth LED Headlights for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler JK | Quadratec

Gen I vs. Gen II: Our Gen I lights are a great light! But, we were looking to improve their functionality even more. We did this by slightly adjusting the reflector for a better beam pattern and cutoff. We also wanted to boost the light output with new LED chips. The Gen II uses one 15 watt LED chip for low. When you go to high beam, four additional 3 watt LED's add to the output.

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 81% MORE Lumens with a 92% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

The LED Low-Beam chip producing 88% MORE Lumens with a 61% INCREASE in Illuminating Distance over Original Equipment (halogen).

Lumens Output (High Beam): 1198 Lumens vs. 638 from the factory.
Lumens Output (Low Beam): 732 Lumens vs. 404 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (High Beam): 634 Yards vs. 393 from the factory.
Illuminating Distance (Low Beam): 284 Yards vs. 148 from the factory.
Current Draw: 2.15 Amps vs 5.25 from the factory.
Bulb Life: 30,000 Hours Estimated vs. 320 from the factory.

If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!

-Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Wheeler

I have thinking about replacing with LED's and the main concern I have is snow. I replaced my stock fog bulbs with LED replacements and the first snow I drove in the fogs were completely plastered full of snow. Not a big deal for Fogs light but not something I want to have happen to headlights.

Do the quadratechs produce enough light to keep the headlights clear in snow or do i need to go to a heated LED bulb.

2015 Sport 2DR Hyperblue
Minor appearance mods Aftermarket Alpine Head unit and Component speakers JKU springs. 285/75-16 wheels and tires.

List of to be done endless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode