INTAKE GASKET/RADIATOR PROBLEMS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By RubiCajun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

INTAKE GASKET/RADIATOR PROBLEMS

Hey guys. I have an 08 Jku X. I was having a coolant leak, no over heating, thought it could have been a head gasket but didn't have any other symptoms and figured I'd smell exhaust in my coolant. Got to looking around and it appears my intake gasket is leaking coolant, what is a good intake gasket to go with? Crown, omix ada, Mopar. I guess it depends on what it is, because I was told to go with gates products on my tensioner and belts and such.
My second issue is that I have blown to Mopar radiators. Both had a lot of miles on them, bought a Mishimoto one and now it's core is leaking. Could my intake gasket cause this? I have a new thermostat in it but it could be faulty. I'm fairly novice this is my first post so be easy on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack Aaron View Post
Hey guys. I have an 08 Jku X. I was having a coolant leak, no over heating, thought it could have been a head gasket but didn't have any other symptoms and figured I'd smell exhaust in my coolant. Got to looking around and it appears my intake gasket is leaking coolant, what is a good intake gasket to go with? Crown, omix ada, Mopar. I guess it depends on what it is, because I was told to go with gates products on my tensioner and belts and such.
My second issue is that I have blown to Mopar radiators. Both had a lot of miles on them, bought a Mishimoto one and now it's core is leaking. Could my intake gasket cause this? I have a new thermostat in it but it could be faulty. I'm fairly novice this is my first post so be easy on me.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #3 of 4 Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Rock God

Personally I do not recommend Gates products their quality seems to have slipped over the years. We recently put a gates new water pump on to my buddies TJ and about a week later he called me up and told me he had another coolant leak at the front of the motor, well I figured I had fucked up on the thermostat housing so decided to pull the fan and give myself access to look at the front it was dry around the thermos stat so I pulled the water pump pully and the weep hole was pissing fluid. We ordered a mopar unit from the dealer and slapped in there and he has had no more cooling issues since.

On gaskets I am partial to Victor Reinz. Fel Pro is another company that over the years seems to have had a quality lapse. I have never had an issue with VR gaskets and they make the factory ones for BMW and Mercedes so you can not go wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the Info. I've blown 3 radiators. I just found out a shop put dexcool in my jeep. I was also told that if my water pump was going out that it could cause my radiator to pressurize. So I'm not sure if it's an intake gasket, dexcool, or a bad water pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode