Need some advice on setup - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-28-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Need some advice on setup

Hello,

Im new to the forum and have read many different things that have expanded my knowledge, so thanks. I just purchased a used stock 2015 Jeep Sport 2 door automatic. Based on what I read, I can't go to 35s without at least a 2.5 lift and different gears (currently have 3.21s). With that said, this is going to be a daily driver with little or no off-roading. I love the look of 35s but have to stay within my budget. I'm thinking of keeping it simple with a leveling kit and some 295/70/17s or 305/70/17s. I also may add some new shocks that provide a little less of a stiff ride. Any opinions on this setup and some advice on part selection for tires, wheels, leveling kit and shocks?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-28-2017, 11:59 AM
JKO Addict!

You don't need lift for 35's on the street, but the performance with 3.21 gears is pretty bad and it puts stress on your entire drivetrain from the engine, transmission, and driveshafts. If you have to pick between gears and a lift then trim your fenders for free, tear off the lower air dam, and do gears.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Granite Guru

I have 35x12.50 tires and 4.10 gears. I would spend the money on gears if I were you.

2014 JKUR, 2.5 JKS lift, Poison Spyder flares and covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

I ran 305/70/16s for a while on 2012 2 door automatic with 3.21s. I stared with no lift and stock fenders and wheeled it as hard as I could here in Florida. With stock wheels I need spacers up front to keep from rubbing on the sway bar at full steering lock... Then I added 1.75 coil spacers and shock extensions.

A programmer is mandatory to get the Jeep to shift right. It's annoying to drive in traffic if you don't. Any larger that 305/70/16 I would highly recommend re-gearing.

Right now I'm clearing 37s with those coil spacers and flat fenders. But I did 4.88s before the new wheels and tires went on. RK suspension was 2nd to re-gearing.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Wheeler

Garage

can we go 35" without lift or leveling ?

do I need a level with 35" tires?, If I go easy offroad ? just almost flat but some water and small rocks..

2017 wrangler 4dr rubi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode