Winter 4x4 Jam - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Winter 4x4 Jam

I thought I would make a public service announcement once Winter 4x4 Jam in Hurricane, Utah, which is just outside of St. George. If you want a really fun, low key experience four wheeling in Utah, this is it. Lots of great crawling, dune running, and just general four wheeling in a beautiful area. They were very well organized, and had a lot to offer, with better facilities than are used in Moab. I was super impressed and happy with the experience.
Upsides were definitely the organization. You could tell it was put together by people that have had success organizing things their whole life. The formula was fantastic. Every trail leader that I had was great. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.
Downsides, if you are going to stay in Hurricane, there are only four or five hotels, with another that is opening soon. I don't drink, but I noticed that there was not a single bar in town, and for that matter, darn few restaurants. If you need a larger party environment. Then you will want to stay in Washington or St.George. If you plan on staying over Sunday, there is almost nothing open, and absolutely nothing that is local.
Overall, I would highly recommend the event. It was well worth the time and money. The wheeling is on a par with Moab. There are tons of trails to choose from, and other activities for people that like powered activities, if you want to come when it is warmer.

Www.winter4x4jamboree.com is the link. The trails are probably a little underrated, in my opinion. They are probably even more underrated after the past three days, because we were running in the rain the whole time, and that will tear up a trail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the review!

This one is on my short list for sure...
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

It is thursday, Friday and Saturday, and is well worth the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Wheeler

Tons of pictures on the FB page too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode