Fellow Jeepers!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chris36l

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Fellow Jeepers!!!

Whats going on fellas, I have an 07 2 door Jk looking to lift it up but ive heard a lot of rumors. I wanna know how high I should go on my lift ive heard you cant go 4" but then ive heard you can, I wanna run 35" tires 4" lift but I wanna get the right idea and the Do's and Donts! thanks for any input I have a manual tranny ive heard the common problem is tearing the boot on the DS is common in the autos but I'm sure it happens in the manuals as well just looking for a direction to go in!! thanks

JMoneyJk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Granite Guru

Hi and welcome. What are you trying to do with your jeep (type of wheeling)?

If it's cosmetic than the approach will be different than rockcrawling, which may be different from splashing around in a mudhole or zipping around in the dunes...

Dustin Tarditi
Haddonfield, NJ
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Welcome aboard.

I agree what you plan to use it for will help decide how best to lift it.

Another thing, 4" is a ton of lift for 35s, 2.5" will save you a bunch of money and in my opinion look better too.

2009 JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Wheeler

I agree, I'm of the opinion that less is more. 2.5 will fit 35" tires. If you're wanting to crawl it with 35's I would go with 3.5. Or just slap some flat fenders on with the 2.5. Depending on what your planning on using the rig for will help you determine shocks and gear ratio's. It's taken me a little over a year and a half to finally decide on a shock, lift, tire combo that I like. I've been running a stock rig with 33's the whole time and I'm amazed at how capable these things are from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

hey right on, I'm looking to be able to use my rig for a little bit of everything right now Id like to be able to roll up to the hills and trail climb and then id like to be able to drive it on the road as well. just trying to get the right direction 3.5 probable be perfect with 35's ill get enough clearance on trails & itd still look bad ass, what lift & tires do you guys prefer...

Thanks again

JMoneyJk
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2017, 02:58 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd Post View Post
hey right on, I'm looking to be able to use my rig for a little bit of everything right now Id like to be able to roll up to the hills and trail climb and then id like to be able to drive it on the road as well. just trying to get the right direction 3.5 probable be perfect with 35's ill get enough clearance on trails & itd still look bad ass, what lift & tires do you guys prefer...

Thanks again

If all you're wanting to do with it is trail climb you're probably fine with just a Rock Krawler stock mod system and some bilstein 5100 shocks sitting on some all terrains. If you're wanting to actually use it and need something that will take the abuse I would do the RK 3.5 mid arm or super flex system with fox shocks sitting on some MT(my plan when I've got the money saved up) but don't rush into anything. Wheel your jeep the way it is and feel it out. See what you like and tailor your jeep build to fit that.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2017, 03:04 AM
Wheeler

Name:  IMG_1612.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  95.3 KB

This is how mine sits now. Stock rig on 33's with flat fenders. Plenty of room to grow once I've got the money for it, but more than capable just as it sits. I've also added some armor underneath just to help with the clearance issues. (Definitely want to protect that oil pan, gas tank, evap canister, and trans)

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode