Walmart Value Power Battery - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Walmart Value Power Battery

Just wanted to post a quick note to anybody who cares .. The "ValuePower" battery at Walmart fits JK's just fine (even though they will tell you it doesn't) and works a treat.

After installing it, I took my 2008 JKU to colorado, summit county and was getting strong starts all the way down in the mid single digits. No problems at all.

Note that my JKU isn't my daily driver .. it's kind of a spare and gets dragged behind my RV, but that battery appears to work just fine if anybody is looking to save fiddy bucks on a new battery.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VP-24F-Battery/47308797
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Rock God

One good thing with that battery is it has removable caps, so you can keep an eye on the specific gravity, and add distilled water when needed.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 3 Old 01-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I actually just put one of these in a '99 4Runner about 3 wks ago. Didn't fit the tray exactly but it's in there... was the smallest size and cca listed for that particular vehicle. About a week later we had temps down into the low 20's/ upper teens... lasted about 3 days and nights. SUV started right up each sub-freezing morning. Starts strong every time since I've had it. I'm sold. Only a 1 yr replacement on it but hell, the thing was less than $50.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode