JKUs Rear Passenger DRL Not Working - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JKUs Rear Passenger DRL Not Working

So my rear passenger DRL stopped working last night. Everything else works in the back and it even comes on with brakes and hazards. Any ideas what it could be? I'll try to gets pics up in a few hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 02:36 AM
Wheeler

If you are talking about Daytime Running Lights, the rear tail lights do not come on for Daytime Running Lights. Only the headlights will be on. Hence "DAYTIME" Running Lights.
Your brake lights and blinker lights will work like normal but your tail lights will not be on with Daytime Running Lights.
Your tail lights will only stay on with your regular headlights on at night time.
If "DRL" is what you are meaning as Daytime Running Lights. If not disregard everything I just typed.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Wheeler

It must mean the rear tail lamp that comes on with the light. That is a dual filament bulb so the blinker/hazard/brake (brighter filament) will still work if the running light (dimmer filament) is toast. Change the bulb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Granite Guru

I have had the same problem since my jeep was a month old, I cannot find the problem, changed out all the bulbs, still blows fuse immediately. Believe its fuse 18(15A) brakes work, Front and rear turn signals work, back up light works too. My signal light on front flares were removed when i installed after market flares.
I have been pulled over a handful of times(warnings only thank god). Dealer wants the Jeep for a day to try and fix it, its my daily driver. Post if you find a solution.
Also must be a common problem, i look for it now in other JK's and have seen more than a few with same problem, almost always on passenger side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode