Fuel splash back 2007-2011 Jeep JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By un lupus
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Feedback: 0 reviews
Fuel splash back 2007-2011 Jeep JK

I am new to this site so please forgive me if this thread is out of context. I have found a solution to the fuel splash back problem in the 2007-2011 Jeep JK! There is a part that can be replaced in the fuel intake line. This part (#CNNNX321AC) can be ordered on line at amazon. The cost is around $35.00. This part has a check valve which keeps the fuel from splashing back out of the fuel line filler. I installed this part yesterday and now no splash back. It took me all of about 20 min. to replace the part. I hope this helps!!
boggiegolfer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

i am pretty sure there was a TSB recall for the fuel splashback where they will be repaired by dealers if one of the affected models? Either way, nice to have options ...


(edit: don't forget to hit the Welcome Room and introduce yourself sometime . Welcome to JKOwners , btw )


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 10:39 AM
A JKO DICK
 
ASSFROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Age: 49
Posts: 3,679
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

TSB did not include my 07 2 door. It was not a problem, never happened, just something mustered up by the interweb forums, for no good reason . At least that is what the tech told me as the fuel splashed out of the filler neck on his shoes. They wouldn't fix it under warranty.


I also wonder if the OP is the one selling them on the Amazons............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
ASSFROW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

@ASSFROW has proven me ot be incorrect; there was no TSB recall for this and I apologize; I was recalling that damned , annoying guy that runs Project-JK or now has a site called JK-Way-of-Life?
( I can't recall what it is called...he has a rat-tail and a lifted Renegade if that helps..)

fighting to have his splashing JK fuel filler repalced under wrrnty and I think he got it.
It has been a looong while so forgive my memory failure! ( I am 45yrs old so cut me a little slack?)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 11:30 AM
JKO Addict!
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Age: 41
Posts: 5,705
Feedback: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
TSB did not include my 07 2 door. It was not a problem, never happened, just something mustered up by the interweb forums, for no good reason . At least that is what the tech told me as the fuel splashed out of the filler neck on his shoes. They wouldn't fix it under warranty.





I also wonder if the OP is the one selling them on the Amazons............

Same 07 no issue


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
kjeeper10 is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,341
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Wondering if any of you guys have this part and if it works effectively to fix the problem... regardless of the year of the vehicle. I was/ am suspicious too, of OP's intent but if the part works then I'll just leave this alone... for the greater good, ya know. Anyway... Chime in if you have this part and if it works. Thanks.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Rock God
 
ronjenx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,873
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
@ASSFROW has proven me ot be incorrect; there was no TSB recall for this and I apologize;
There is a service bulletin regarding this subject.
It extends the warranty on the filler pipe to lifetime with no mileage restriction.

Service Bulletin
NUMBER: 14-003-12

This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.8L
engine (sales code EGT) built between March 1, 2007 (MDH0301XX) and
March 31, 2008 (MDH 0331XX).

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
ronjenx is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Found this on search Interesting that I remember quite a few issues with the overflow from JKO members. I'm one. NHTSA dropped investigation? Whaaaaaa? Other members have had dealership replace gas tank. No intiendo me. LMGTFY

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
RubiCajun is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

thanks ronjenx ; yeah, I searched around and it seems there is also the same use for the SRT-8 with similar issues and uses this part " TUBE-FUEL MOPAR #CNNNX321AC" that replaces the AB and AA models that preceded it. Seems nothing more than a wider check valve(edit) hose ...
<edit: image snagged from another forum on subject that shows old on right and this part on left>


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 12-27-2016 at 12:43 PM.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 12-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Rock God
 
ronjenx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,873
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
thanks ronjenx ; yeah, I searched around and it seems there is also the same use for the SRT-8 with similar issues and uses this part " TUBE-FUEL MOPAR #CNNNX321AC" that replaces the AB and AA models that preceded it. Seems nothing more than a wider check valve(edit) hose ...
<edit: image snagged from another forum on subject that shows old on right and this part on left>
The one on the right in your picture has no check valve in it. Originally, there was a check valve in the tank. Ethanol-laden fuel caused the check valve in the tank to swell and become ineffective. When the problem first came about, they were replacing the entire tank. When that got too expensive, they designed a new filler pipe with a check valve in it.
My tank was replaced before the new filler pipe was available. It has the check valve in the tank, which has been functioning perfectly since April 2012.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
ronjenx is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 AM
Wheeler
 
IBiFfMaNI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 18
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Thanks for the info.

2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
IBiFfMaNI is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 12-28-2016, 04:06 AM
A JKO DICK
 
ASSFROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Age: 49
Posts: 3,679
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
There is a service bulletin regarding this subject.
It extends the warranty on the filler pipe to lifetime with no mileage restriction.

Service Bulletin
NUMBER: 14-003-12

This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.8L
engine (sales code EGT) built between March 1, 2007 (MDH0301XX) and
March 31, 2008 (MDH 0331XX).
Thanks for the info. Once it's all back together I'll take it in and give them the Bulletin number. This deserves a six pack.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
ASSFROW is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 12-28-2016, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
The one on the right in your picture has no check valve in it. Originally, there was a check valve in the tank. Ethanol-laden fuel caused the check valve in the tank to swell and become ineffective. When the problem first came about, they were replacing the entire tank. When that got too expensive, they designed a new filler pipe with a check valve in it.
My tank was replaced before the new filler pipe was available. It has the check valve in the tank, which has been functioning perfectly since April 2012.


And right in @ronjenx 's third sentence is the reason that non-ehanol fuel is all that's ever been run in my '11s 3.8l tank for its 87k miles .
I think ethanol was solely designed to help farmers and car manufacturers but this isn't the thread to 'go there' . Just saying ...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 01-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Rock God
 
b1pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ray city, ga
Posts: 1,235
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

its ridiculous that they only cover them halfway through '07. i went through the same b.s. over the stall bug. the build date on mine was january 22nd and they only covered from the 23rd up. it took a month of me complaining to get them to fix it.

mine has been puking on fill up since it was less than a year old. It did not do it initially, which makes since with the swelling of the check valve in the tank. I've never tried to get it fixed or get the part. I fill up with the engine running and watch the gauge. Soon as it gets close, I listen. Mine does a little gurgle that is the precursor to puking. If I click it off when I hear that gurgle, no puke. no problem.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
b1pig is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 01-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 680
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post
its ridiculous that they only cover them halfway through '07. i went through the same b.s. over the stall bug. the build date on mine was january 22nd and they only covered from the 23rd up. it took a month of me complaining to get them to fix it.

mine has been puking on fill up since it was less than a year old. It did not do it initially, which makes since with the swelling of the check valve in the tank. I've never tried to get it fixed or get the part. I fill up with the engine running and watch the gauge. Soon as it gets close, I listen. Mine does a little gurgle that is the precursor to puking. If I click it off when I hear that gurgle, no puke. no problem.
I have an early production '07' (APRIL) JK and installed the new model filler pipe , doe's it work , and is it worth it ?
Hell yes it is ! No more slow fill-ups no more gas soaked shoes , no more fuel running down the rear quarter of the jeep , no more smell of fuel in the cab .
Win all around on this fix , it works .
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
un lupus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome