Best front bumper brands - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 11-24-2016, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Feedback: 0 reviews
Best front bumper brands

Im looking for quality
thansen12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 Old 11-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Random Dude
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Age: 48
Posts: 2,762
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thansen12 View Post
Im looking for quality
Well, that narrows it down to about 30-50 fucking choices.

How 'bout you let us know what you need or want in a bumper: width, winch/recovery ability, clearance, tube work, etc.

Also, stop by the Welcome Room and introduce yourself.

Oh, and feel free to make use of JKO's new search function - it's free

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline  
post #3 of 29 Old 11-25-2016, 12:51 AM
Wheeler
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Victorville, California
Age: 50
Posts: 99
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews


"I can fix anything but a broken heart, weld anything but the crack of dawn!"

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it!"
El Jefe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 Old 11-25-2016, 07:29 AM
Rock God
 
Nucleophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thansen12 View Post
Im looking for quality
Offroad Jeep Parts | Jeep Accessories for Jeep Wrangler, Rubicon, CJ, JK

Done
Nucleophile is offline  
post #5 of 29 Old 11-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Wheeler
 
phljeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 77
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thansen12 View Post
Im looking for quality


Try out the search. First hit:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/jk-gen...4809?_k=n3ipmb



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phljeeper is offline  
post #6 of 29 Old 11-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Granite Guru
 
mvjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 332
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

If you do mild off roading, look into e-autogrilles on ebay and amazon.
They're a budget knock off bumper maker (supplier?) but cheap and seems to hold up pretty good so far. If you're building a custom v8 rock crawler or some other serious off roader obviously use the best parts possible.

This is my Signature
mvjeeper is offline  
post #7 of 29 Old 11-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

I recently had my jeep in the body shop due to an accident. The insurance adjuster called me and asked to meet me at the body shop to see some NIB bumpers that jeep owner whose jeep was in the flood didn't want. The price was 0$ so I said hell yeah, put em on. They are pretty hefty and come from Extreme Terrain, Barricade mfg. They have a special today where you can buy the front and rear plus a 12000# winch for $1355.00 or just the front and rear for under $800.

Barricade Trail Force HD Wrangler Front Bumper w/LED Lights J102909 (07-17 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
Attached Images
   

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
RubiCajun is offline  
post #8 of 29 Old 11-26-2016, 10:46 AM
JKO Addict!
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Age: 41
Posts: 5,705
Feedback: 7 reviews

TPT fab, made in USA by a member on the forums. This is a early prototype the new ones have less welds and more bends. Solid bumper at good price. Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1480186007.810925.jpg
Views: 4048
Size:  64.3 KB


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
El Jefe likes this.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
kjeeper10 is offline  
post #9 of 29 Old 11-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Troy and Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 208
Feedback: 1 reviews

If you're looking for OEM quality in a heavy duty winch bumper, I highly recommend ARB. I have run them on my XJ's and my JK's. They have survived multiple deer collisions, and totalled out a Dodge Neon with little more than paint scrapes.
SpartanToJo is offline  
post #10 of 29 Old 11-27-2016, 08:57 PM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
If you do mild off roading, look into e-autogrilles on ebay and amazon.
They're a budget knock off bumper maker (supplier?) but cheap and seems to hold up pretty good so far. If you're building a custom v8 rock crawler or some other serious off roader obviously use the best parts possible.
great advice !!

how bout this; round here we like to recommend active members on this very site who are either fabricators or vendor, as opposed to recommend some cheap ass Chinese knock off shit through amazon.

If your requirements are the cheapest piece of shit bumper I can find, then yea go with the auto-grilles nonsense.

If you want quality parts, made by someone who you can talk to I would suggest starting at VKS Fab. If you are looking for any other possible brands I would suggest reaching out to Marcus at River City Offroad. You will be very pleased with the service and quality as well as options you have.
RubiCajun, ALASHA, coilrod and 2 others like this.

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #11 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Granite Guru
 
mvjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 332
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
great advice !!

how bout this; round here we like to recommend active members on this very site who are either fabricators or vendor, as opposed to recommend some cheap ass Chinese knock off shit through amazon.

If your requirements are the cheapest piece of shit bumper I can find, then yea go with the auto-grilles nonsense.

If you want quality parts, made by someone who you can talk to I would suggest starting at VKS Fab. If you are looking for any other possible brands I would suggest reaching out to Marcus at River City Offroad. You will be very pleased with the service and quality as well as options you have.
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. smh.

I think my post was more than useful. OP was vague on what he wanted and what he needed it for. I clearly stated if he wanted heavy duty quality go with a known brand but if he was looking for something cheap go with a certain brand but explained what he's going to get for that price.
Theres not a single thing wrong with that. Some people (honestly most JKs I see on the road) do not need $2k worth of bumpers on their rigs. We don't know what OP does with his jeep. Any metal bumper out there will be more study then the stock bumpers so its not like the Chinese shit is dangerous in that sense.

I've winched from mine, landed on them and hit against trees with them so far. Nothing wrong. No dents, no broken welds nothing. Of course I don't think they'll hold up as well as other brands, I'm not an idiot but I'm confident they're more than worth the price I paid. I know people that have had them for years now with no issues as well.

This is my Signature

Last edited by mvjeeper; 11-28-2016 at 10:08 AM.
mvjeeper is offline  
post #12 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Granite Guru
 
Z-OR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 308
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
round here we like to recommend active members on this very site who are either fabricators or vendor, as opposed to .... cheap ass Chinese knock off shit through amazon.
Marcus at RCO is of course awesome, as is Northridge 4x

There are so many quality USA made bumpers by brands that help out community. Please make it a point to support them.

VKS fab was mentioned, CrawlerConceptz, JCR, Genright, rockhard, metalcloak,... the list is endless, but that's a good start. One of them will have the look you are searching for.

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
Z-OR is offline  
post #13 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Made in the U.S.A.
 
GenRight Off Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA.
Posts: 1,023
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

There are a lot of good choices out there. Obviously, we think ours are among the best or we wouldn't make them.

Our bumpers are lightweight, offered in aluminum and made in the US.

We're offering 10% off plus free shipping today.

Save 10% on GenRight products over $100 and use code GRBF16 for free shipping to the continental US.

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GenRight Off Road is offline  
post #14 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

before aluminum options became as prevelent as they now are , I was shopping sturdy front bumpers that were winch capable , light and not ugly ( in that order) and thus came to own the Expedition One Basic DX with the wings which hold the OEM fogs or other 4" driving lights and detach to let you run a stubby when desired . Here it is with light wings on...

5-6 years on and I still think it a great purchase plus it weighs 23lbs on its own.Made in U.S.A. . Great company support,too. I ordered bare , they said it would take an extra week so was free powder coating acceptable ? Duh...
If I wasn't still pleased by this , I'd likely go with the light aluminum high clear crawler stubby that GenRight has on the market
Just mentioning my .02 ¢. ...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #15 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
I recently had my jeep in the body shop due to an accident. The insurance adjuster called me and asked to meet me at the body shop to see some NIB bumpers that jeep owner whose jeep was in the flood didn't want. The price was 0$ so I said hell yeah, put em on. They are pretty hefty and come from Extreme Terrain, Barricade mfg. They have a special today where you can buy the front and rear plus a 12000# winch for $1355.00 or just the front and rear for under $800.

Barricade Trail Force HD Wrangler Front Bumper w/LED Lights J102909 (07-17 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
for that amount of steel in form of handsome bumpers and a winch to boot , that special sale was one killer deal!
Jeeper02 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #16 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 45
Feedback: 0 reviews

Savvy off road
Jampop1 is offline  
post #17 of 29 Old 11-28-2016, 06:15 PM
Made in the U.S.A.
 
GenRight Off Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA.
Posts: 1,023
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. smh.

I think my post was more than useful. OP was vague on what he wanted and what he needed it for. I clearly stated if he wanted heavy duty quality go with a known brand but if he was looking for something cheap go with a certain brand but explained what he's going to get for that price.
Theres not a single thing wrong with that. Some people (honestly most JKs I see on the road) do not need $2k worth of bumpers on their rigs. We don't know what OP does with his jeep. Any metal bumper out there will be more study then the stock bumpers so its not like the Chinese shit is dangerous in that sense.

I've winched from mine, landed on them and hit against trees with them so far. Nothing wrong. No dents, no broken welds nothing. Of course I don't think they'll hold up as well as other brands, I'm not an idiot but I'm confident they're more than worth the price I paid. I know people that have had them for years now with no issues as well.
The issue is you're rewarding Chinese made knock offs. There's no innovation, no research and development, no customer service, no support of the off road industry, no support of local clubs and events, etc. And they're not creating US jobs.

I know it's hard to turn away from cheap products, but companies like GenRight, Savvy, and others do so much to produce products in the USA and to support the hobby that we all love. That's not inexpensive.

Have a great day! See ya on the trails!

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GenRight Off Road is offline  
post #18 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 03:48 AM
Rock God
 
KOWBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 812
Feedback: 1 reviews

I recommend products from TNT Customs.

Exceptional quality and service.

Made by real people in Cheyenne, Wyoming. That's as American as it gets.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
KOWBOY is offline  
post #19 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Granite Guru
 
mvjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 332
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
The issue is you're rewarding Chinese made knock offs. There's no innovation, no research and development, no customer service, no support of the off road industry, no support of local clubs and events, etc. And they're not creating US jobs.

I know it's hard to turn away from cheap products, but companies like GenRight, Savvy, and others do so much to produce products in the USA and to support the hobby that we all love. That's not inexpensive.

Have a great day! See ya on the trails!

I'm all for supporting the country but when the products are twice as much (could very well be atleast twice as good quality wise as well) but you don't need that, well it make sense to me.

This is my Signature
mvjeeper is offline  
post #20 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
I'm all for supporting the country but when the products are twice as much (could very well be atleast twice as good quality wise as well) but you don't need that, well it make sense to me.
umm...

Post #1 ... the OP is quoted as saying ," I'm looking for quality " . Why would anyone accept less than the best that they can afford? There's a thread called ,' Sad day' on here in ChitChat section that you may wanna take a look at our fellow forum member, @tapacola posted wherein the higher quality VKS bumper he was running appears to still be in one piece after taking some serious impact energy. Now, I don't know how much it intervened in occupant safety but it is still in one piece and I've seen similar impacts having smittybilt or eAuto bumpers in sections ...I'm betting that person doesn't think buying less quality is what he had ought to have done. Makes no sense ,to me, your comment about not needing quality. Just pointing out that OP does care about it,as do I. Always. I'll pay for quality part over affordable everytime structural integrity or heavy wear factors in as otherwise you'll just wind-up purchasing the thing more than once.

Plus, American companies(edit: ...being ripped-off of thier IP and designs that take much time to develop and test. Other knockoff companies are stealing this. ) 'Nuff said.


Edit: not meaning to saturate thread with topic less fodder /trash opinion chatter, OP


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-29-2016 at 01:13 PM. Reason: I corrected referenced thread bumper mnfctr to VKS from PS.yes, I get the irony in that!
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #21 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 01:10 PM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
I'm all for supporting the country but when the products are twice as much (could very well be atleast twice as good quality wise as well) but you don't need that, well it make sense to me.
So you arent really all for supporting this country...
j3ff3ry_j33p and Z-OR like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #22 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Rock God
 
Nucleophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
The issue is you're rewarding Chinese made knock offs. There's no innovation, no research and development, no customer service, no support of the off road industry, no support of local clubs and events, etc. And they're not creating US jobs.

I know it's hard to turn away from cheap products, but companies like GenRight, Savvy, and others do so much to produce products in the USA and to support the hobby that we all love. That's not inexpensive.

Have a great day! See ya on the trails!
No, it really is NOT hard to turn away from cheap ass Chinese made crap! Its just a mindset that you have to develop. I cannot live in this country and support this country and then turn my back and buy some cheap Chinese shit for the sake of a few dollars. I have a mindset that if I can buy made in the USA over made in China, its a no brainer for me.

And I run your front and rear AL bumpers and love them! They take more abuse than I expected them to take.
Nucleophile is offline  
post #23 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 01:56 PM
Rock God
 
coilrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lower mainland
Age: 52
Posts: 1,620
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I feel ripped off when I buy a previously made in North America product like RedWing boots, Craftsman or Stanley tools (branded made in USA, but fined by FTC for being full of shit about it) etc. There are small, temporary personal gains to be made by buying from overseas, but I think it is worse for everyone long term.
*rant over
LoD midwidth is a good made in USA bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
coilrod is offline  
post #24 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
I feel ripped off when I buy a previously made in North America product like RedWing boots, Craftsman or Stanley tools (branded made in USA, but fined by FTC for being full of shit about it) etc. There are small, temporary personal gains to be made by buying from overseas, but I think it is worse for everyone long term.
*rant over
LoD midwidth is a good made in USA bumper.

Somewhere in china there's a pseudo entrepreneur with dark frame glasses and buck teeth laughing hideously at the dumb Amerikans who buy his cheap ass shit while rolling around with a cheap whore eating expensive grasshopper balls and smoking a cuban blunt while there a Americans here who need the work.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
RubiCajun is offline  
post #25 of 29 Old 11-29-2016, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,813
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
I feel ripped off when I buy a previously made in North America product like RedWing boots, Craftsman or Stanley tools (branded made in USA, but fined by FTC for being full of shit about it) etc. There are small, temporary personal gains to be made by buying from overseas, but I think it is worse for everyone long term.
*rant over
LoD midwidth is a good made in USA bumper.
as a loooong time Craftsman customer ,I can tell you appear to have gone through the same crap change to Chinese product line that I have. It really set me off . As someone taught by two generations before me that Craftsman was synonymous with dependability and quality, I still look for thier brand first then harshly get reminded that is just not what it was in days gone by. Total suckdome.

And, yep; LoD is another good 'merican company.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome