4Likes
  • 1 Post By ExWrench
  • 1 Post By StubEXrube
  • 2 Post By RubiCajun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'm going to blast this squirrel.

Now that I have your attention, anybody else ever deal with this? About a month ago I would have to clean a couple of pinecones off the top of my battery every week or so. No big deal. So I went out of state for a week and a half. Noticed a pile of shavings under the jeep after I returned. Really glad I checked under the hood before running it, the passenger side cat was covered as well and could have caused a fire.

Best way to keep squirrels out? Cant really shoot him, left all my guns with dad in Texas. Really missing my 22 bolt gun with subsonics. Only seen the squirrel once or twice so I think that would just be a pain in the ass anyways. He doesnt mess with my truck.

I think it's just one, but it might be a whole damn herd.

Billet 2013 2 door
Dana 60 front, 14 Bolt rear, ARB's, 5.38's, 40" sticky Trepadors, 3 link front and rear, 14" Sway-a-Way coilovers, Tom Woods 1310 front, Adams 1350 rear, PSC Hydro assist

Last edited by Tweak; 11-13-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Wheeler

Little Bastards. I had the same problem before. Biggest snapping rat trap you can find will work. Just make sure you bolt it down somehow. The first ones I set disappeared.
post #3 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Random Dude

Live trap --> welding gloves + ball-pein hammer --> green waste recycling bin
Muvovr likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Down heah we sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the place. Works like, well it works like pepper spray as soon as they snort it. You ever hear a squirrel sneezing continuously up in a tree? Then when you kill it and skin it, throw it in the pot because it's already seasoned.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #5 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Down heah we sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the place. Works like, well it works like pepper spray as soon as they snort it. You ever hear a squirrel sneezing continuously up in a tree? Then when you kill it and skin it, throw it in the pot because it's already seasoned.
Living up to your name.

The funny part is, I was in New Orleans on a work trip when this happened, and I bought quite a large amount of cajun spices.

Billet 2013 2 door
Dana 60 front, 14 Bolt rear, ARB's, 5.38's, 40" sticky Trepadors, 3 link front and rear, 14" Sway-a-Way coilovers, Tom Woods 1310 front, Adams 1350 rear, PSC Hydro assist
post #6 of 25 Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Fuckin rats here... opened the glovebox and found the dirty little varmints had started chewing stuff... as well as a roll of shop towels behind the seat. Got up in my girls Corolla engine bay too.. eating pecans on top of the battery. But rats not squirrels. Glue trapped a couple and poisoned a couple more but I still hear the lil fuckers so... ugh.
Muvovr likes this.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Lots of traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 05:08 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #9 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Our neighbor freaked out when I told her about my killing spree. I knew a long time ago that she was a a little weird but I never realized how mentally fucked she was until recently. "Well can't you relocate them?? They deserve life!". Geeze... "Well no, you silly idiot. I'm not gonna live-trap rats... Sorry, but they need to be destroyed." Plague-ridden vermin but I'm supposed to accommodate them or at least validate their right to live and make sure that they aren't inconvenienced too severely... No joke. Same woman that presented a point to me, that grass screams out in pain when people mow their lawns. I don't talk to her very often anymore.

Squirrels I can live with... rats and libs, not so much.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #10 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Rock God

Stub, that's a great neighbor. You are living in Austin though so what do you expect.

I've had mice make a home inside my air box before. Took my shop rags and made a nice little bed. Chewed the air cleaner a bit. Thank God for routine maintenance. Same instance they ate the plastic grill that's on the inside of the swing gate. Left some granola/protein bars in the back.

On my wife Edge, they made a home between the cylinders and engine cover. I check her car over after I saw what they did to the Jeep.

Now, I have something in my attic. They were there during the summer. But now that it is cooling off there is something living above my bay window. Can't sleep on the couch anymore without some chewing noise.

As for your problem. Cayenne pepper. Put a bit in hot water and let it dissolve and put inside a spray bottle. Spray that on everything you want them to stay off of. Works pretty dang good.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #11 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Squirrels I can live with... rats and libs, not so much.

Reminds me of my neighbor at my former home. He was the worst of everything I abhor. The worst being an OCD Libtard. I fucked with him a lot using his OCD. My best move was to wait at least one or two weeks after he cut his grass to cut my grass at our property lines. Then when I would cut it, for some reason I just couldn't cut a straight line and of course he would have to endure that plus the height of my grass compared to his. I miss that.
wildchild and Turk like this.

Quote:

Last edited by RubiCajun; 11-14-2016 at 08:30 AM.
post #12 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Rock God

had the little bastards chew a good portion of wire harness out of a camaro we had and built a nest much like the one you had under the hood.

dried blood (available at garden centers) keeps them away pretty good. it is used for flower beds etc.

of course you could just invite Rubi over for dinner, when he gets there tell him it's BYO squirrel and show him the way to your Jeep.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #13 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

What animal constantly fucks with shit that's not theirs, has beady little eyes, has no respect for how hard humans work, comes out in droves when it can get a free meal and a place to stay, destroys and defecates all over everything, doesn't contribute to the economy, and is a plague on the face of society?

Fucking liberals.

Oh yea... and rats.

post #14 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
What animal constantly fucks with shit that's not theirs, has beady little eyes, has no respect for how hard humans work, comes out in droves when it can get a free meal and a place to stay, destroys and defecates all over everything, doesn't contribute to the economy, and is a plague on the face of society?
Attached Images

Quote:
post #15 of 25 Old 11-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Rock God

Garage
Thumbs up Trunki Monkey

Might try thisThe Trunk Monkey ? Suburban Auto Group

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #16 of 25 Old 11-19-2016, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, cleaned out my jeep, 2 days later it's a nest again.

Caught it in the act this morning. It was being territorial and when I opened the hood it was standing there on the motor screaming at me. He ran under the engine cover so I pulled that off and now its chilling on top of my transmission or something. Think it might be planning to have babies there or shack up for the winter. Going to try out mothballs. I should also be able to get the jeep in the garage tonight.

Billet 2013 2 door

Last edited by Tweak; 11-19-2016 at 07:57 AM.
post #17 of 25 Old 11-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Well isn't he cute.

"Hey asshole... Get away from my mobile-home" - squirrel probably

If the mothballs don't work. You could always fire up some gas-bombs. Light 'em and close everything up. Idk how well they would work in your situation and I know that they contain sulphur so I'm sure it'll leave a stink but might take care of the issue.

I heard rat(s) running along the rafters in the garage last night and that's after setting a live trap. Trap door is still open so nothing yet. But glue traps don't hold these guys and they don't take the kill-bait anymore.

If anyone could tell me why I can't find D-Con rat-bait anymore in stores, I'd love to hear what's up. Every place I go I can't find it anymore and at least one other brand they don't seem to like.... ugh!

post #18 of 25 Old 11-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Granite Guru

Peanut butter + trap

Everything loves peanut butter
post #19 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 AM
Wheeler

I think you're dealing with a very sick minded animal here. Recommend you get a dog who doesn't belong to PETA. Problem gone.
post #20 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Rock God

Just a thought. Is this a red squirrel? those tend to be very territorial and will not stop trying to get back to "their" house
they have chewed through walls to get back into houses

you may have to get a pellet gun or something and sit up and wait for him

2008 JK
6spd
post #21 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Despite the idea coming from my whacked out lib neighbor, I started using my smallest live trap again last week... Caught 3 of these ball-dragging rat bastards in 5 nights. Nothing last night but got me to thinking that for OP's situation, that might not be a bad way to go. Set the trap maybe use some leftover pecan pie or something tasty and set it somewhere around the Jeep. Idk if that might be a solution for the squirrel but maybe worth trying. ..been working for my lil varmints down here.

post #22 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Wheeler

Around here it's the red fox squirrels and in the summer, the chipmunks (rats with racing stripes). The OCD neighbor across the street parked his Hyundai Santa Fe next to a pile of rocks at the bottom of his driveway. The rock pile was prime chipmunk habitat. When the destructive little bastards chewed through some of his wiring he called the cops on his next door neighbor and me. I pretty much just laughed at the cop when he came over to question me about it. I pointed out the rock pile and the chipmunk on top of the front tire, which solved the case as far as the cop was concerned. My favorite medicine for the squirrels is a hollow point pellet. For the rats with racing stripes I use a pointed target pellet. I just leave them out there so the foxes in the neighborhood can grab them for dinner. I also sprinkle cayenne pepper under the motorhome to keep them from moving in there.
Mark.
post #23 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

They are scared to death of foxes and coyote's, hawks and owls. buy some fox or coyote urine and sprinkle where needed but best is an owl decoy placed where they can see it.

Quote:
post #24 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Rock God

While I agree that nothing brings more satisfaction than a .177 pellet to the skull on any of the above mentioned critters .

Peppermint extract on a rag tends to keep them out from under the hood of vehicles , for some reason they hate it .

Personally I get great satisfaction out of shooting them off the telephone wires within full view of the only Liberal Bitch left in our neighborhood .
post #25 of 25 Old 11-28-2016, 11:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by markguiver View Post
, the chipmunks (rats with racing stripes). .
Mark.

awesome

yeah we let the barn cats take care of the "racers" and squirrels don't come around our house. our dogs like anything small that runs and squeaks LOL

2008 JK
6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode