seat suggestions? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 10-24-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

seat suggestions?

Hey! I currently have the stock seats wrapped in katzkin leather in my 2014 rubi, have a genright cage going in the next couple months and i am considering some racing/suspension seats. any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 10-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Rock God

Katskin leather?

you can't just throw that out there without a pic. LOL

I see a lot of posts about mastercraft seats. mine are still stockers so I am not much help.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #3 of 34 Old 10-24-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

here it is
Attached Images

william_jg and Rubi-8 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 10-24-2016, 05:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_koshy View Post
Hey! I currently have the stock seats wrapped in katzkin leather in my 2014 rubi, have a genright cage going in the next couple months and i am considering some racing/suspension seats. any recommendations?

How tall are you, do you need to push your seat all the way back and recline your seat back quite a bit?

The racing/suspension seats are wider at the seat back due to side bolsters and your B pillar cage tubes will most likely not allow you to push the seat as far back as possible. Just something to keep in mind. I am 6' 2" and feel I got lucky in that where my B pillar cage tube stops the seat is where I would put it anyway but If I needed to push it back another inch for comfort, I would not be able to do so.

I was able to try out Mastercraft and Corbeau and liked the Corbeau Baja XRS the best; those are what I went with. I felt that I sat "on" the Mastercrafts and "in" the Corbeau's. I chose the model with the vinyl sides and cloth middle section. If I had it to do over I think I would just do all vinyl.

Since that time I was also able seat in some PRP's and they were very nice as well.

Seat comfort is very subjective so if you know people with different seats, try as many out as you can.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 Old 10-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Rock God

I just ordered the corbeau Baja SSes because they were cheap but I've sat in them a bunch and they are crazy comfortable. If I had the money I would have went with the corbeau xrs though. Not only do they look awesome, they're very comfortable. I agree exactly with Tcdawg. I've never understood what people see in the master crafts. They feel quite awkward in my opinion, as mentioned, like you're sitting "on them".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 34 Old 10-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Granite Guru

PRP Comp Elites
post #7 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_koshy View Post
here it is
well let me just get my foot out of my mouth here real quick.
ah that's better.

my post was kind of meant to be a joke about the Katskin but now I gotta say
Dam those look very nice!

that is a nice looking ride as well.

do the Corbeau seats go on stock mounts or would you have to fab something up to mount them?

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #8 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 06:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post

do the Corbeau seats go on stock mounts or would you have to fab something up to mount them?
Corbeau sells a JK bracket. It will put the seats about 1.25 lower than the stock seat height. I made aluminum spacers to put mine back to stock height.

If your fab skills are up to it, you can connect the seats to the stock JK seat brackets.
post #9 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 07:17 AM
Rock God

j_koshy beautiful ride and my favorite color combination!

Check out Simpson UTV and Off Road Seats: Simpson Race Products

I am finishing up my paperwork now to become a dealer for Simpson and get my yellow star here. Being one of the first you can get killer deals on seats! Email me for a quote (PM's still are not working).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #10 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi-8 View Post
j_koshy beautiful ride and my favorite color combination!

Check out Simpson UTV and Off Road Seats: Simpson Race Products

I am finishing up my paperwork now to become a dealer for Simpson and get my yellow star here. Being one of the first you can get killer deals on seats! Email me for a quote (PM's still are not working).
I see Twisted Stitch sold out to Simpson? Seats still looking nice though!..

Did not know that happened over a year ago......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.

Last edited by Cod; 10-26-2016 at 09:52 AM.
post #11 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I see Twisted Stitch sold out to Simpson? Seats still looking nice though!
Simpson bought out Twisted Stitch a while ago and now the name is no longer. All seats are branded Simpson with the same quality, hand made in California, and custom colors. Stay tuned for new seats in the near future!

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #12 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Simpson bought out Twisted Stitch a while ago and now the name is no longer. All seats are branded Simpson with the same quality, hand made in California, and custom colors. Stay tuned for new seats in the near future!
Do you have a recommendation for a 6'4" big dude who finds the stock seats lacking in long-distance comfort, especially in the lumbar support area? I want a seat that still slides and reclines and if possible, sits lower than factory (with height adjustment of some sort for the wife who is shorter if possible) and is super comfy?

2014 ANVIL Rubicon
2 doors
3 pedals
3" lift, chopped fenders, 35s, Method Roost wheels
post #13 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Do you have a recommendation for a 6'4" big dude who finds the stock seats lacking in long-distance comfort, especially in the lumbar support area? I want a seat that still slides and reclines and if possible, sits lower than factory (with height adjustment of some sort for the wife who is shorter if possible) and is super comfy?
HAHA! That is a tough one. I recommend the XL-R with lumbar support. This will fit your large frame but be comfortable for the wife to drive on a daily basis as well. With the seat adapters, the seat will stay at the stock height while still having suspension. What is cool about the new seat designs is the mounts are not universal so you could custom make your own to adjust height. With 7 different color combinations available for the flat price or full out custom for $50 more.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #14 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
HAHA! That is a tough one. I recommend the XL-R with lumbar support. This will fit your large frame but be comfortable for the wife to drive on a daily basis as well. With the seat adapters, the seat will stay at the stock height while still having suspension. What is cool about the new seat designs is the mounts are not universal so you could custom make your own to adjust height. With 7 different color combinations available for the flat price or full out custom for $50 more.
Haha, awesome thanks! I like the looks of that XL-R!

2014 ANVIL Rubicon
2 doors
3 pedals
3" lift, chopped fenders, 35s, Method Roost wheels
post #15 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Haha, awesome thanks! I like the looks of that XL-R!
Excited to see what you think! It is a great seat and very comfortable.

P.S. Don't get sticker shock on the price with addition of lumbar support. I will have a 'welcome to JKO' special very shortly

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #16 of 34 Old 10-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Have not sat in the Simpsons or Twisted Stitch. I did sit in a set of PRPs and they were too narrow for my 38" waist. Smittybilts feel like you're sitting on a board compared to the MasterCraft Baja RS. And compared to the MasterCrafts -- which I liked a lot until I sat in the Corbeau Baja XRS -- the Corbeau feels like your favorite female is sitting behind you with her arms and legs wrapped snugly around you. Needless to say, the XRS is on my short list.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #17 of 34 Old 10-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
-- the Corbeau feels like your favorite female is sitting behind you with her arms and legs wrapped snugly around you. Needless to say, the XRS is on my short list.
Damn! Now that is a description! If I had that I wouldn't be able to drive straight Will definitely look for the Corbeau booth at the next event and try out the XRS.

No doubt Corbeau makes some great designs however, I will buy American made every chance I get.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #18 of 34 Old 10-27-2016, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthephotoman View Post
PRP Comp Elites
I agree.

Kevin
post #19 of 34 Old 10-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
No doubt Corbeau makes some great designs however, I will buy American made every chance I get.
Ha...... so are you saying Simpson makes all their products in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #20 of 34 Old 10-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Ha...... so are you saying Simpson makes all their products in USA?
All seats and harnesses are made in the USA.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #21 of 34 Old 10-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
the Corbeau feels like your favorite female is sitting behind you with her arms and legs wrapped snugly around you.
Dayum, could you say that again, several times, really slow?
Rubi-8 likes this.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #22 of 34 Old 11-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

i have Corbeau LG1 seats in mine. Had them for a few years now. Made some long haul trips in them and found to be supremely comfortable. The only thing that I dont like is the getting in and out. The lower bolsters will dig into your nether regions... except that I found a way to do it without getting hurt. I had to train the wife to do it the same way, and all is well. She said the same thing. Getting in and out is uncomfortable, but once youre in there.. youre in there. Its comfortable.

The LG1 has agressive hip/shoulder bolsters. You really notice them when the Jeep bounces around. They do their job well. I'd be happier if there was a version that had the flatter bottom like the baja seats but retained the upper support.

I ordered the inflatable lumbar support. never used them since the hoses kept coming off and were not long enough to begin with. I called Corbeau. Not much help. Just told me to glue them back on with superglue. Never did and really never needed them. Wife never complained about it, either.

I ordered my seats with their brackets. They were new at the time. I had to modify them for the passenger seat sensors of my early 2007 model. I believe those were a one year only thing. I had to make spacers for the drivers seat so both of the seats would be at the same height. Once set up, they've been awesome.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #23 of 34 Old 11-04-2016, 05:33 PM
JKO Addict!

I dont know if this issue was ever fixed but definitely something to know about:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/modifi...eau-seats.html

post #24 of 34 Old 11-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

it was addressed. at least on mine

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane

Last edited by b1pig; 11-04-2016 at 06:35 PM.
post #25 of 34 Old 11-05-2016, 10:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post

I ordered the inflatable lumbar support. never used them since the hoses kept coming off and were not long enough to begin with. I called Corbeau. Not much help. Just told me to glue them back on with superglue. Never did and really never needed them. Wife never complained about it, either.
One of my lumbar supports won't hold air either; however, it feels like it's the bladder in the seat...when you pump it, you can feel the bladder inflate and then deflate. Must have a hole

Have not called Corbeau yet. It's the passenger side so, not a big deal to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode