Bruiser Conversions LS swap - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-20-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Donut707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Norman Oklahoma
Age: 41
Posts: 176
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Bruiser Conversions LS swap

I just saw this on the youtubes .




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do no harm but take NO SHIT
Donut707 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 10-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Granite Guru
 
JKommuter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 381
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I saw part of that episode last weekend. It sounded to me like they were using an adapter and the stock transmission. I was under the impression from my reading here that the GM transmission was one of the best parts of the LS swap. If so I would probably go a different direction.

2009 JKU
JKommuter is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 10-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 33
Posts: 21
Feedback: 0 reviews

Yep, I've seen a Bruiser LS3 conversion in person and it was running the WA580. I wouldn't be going through all that trouble just to leave the stock tranny in there.
Rowbarre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 10-21-2016, 08:25 PM
Wheeler
 
snaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 71
Feedback: 0 reviews

Don't go near those Bruiser scammers! Many lawsuits against them for screwing customers and walking away Google it

LoD front Ace Engineering rear Xenon fenders Rockhard skids EVO Rockstars Mickey Thompson Classic Beadlocks Goodyear Fierce Attitudes Spending as fast I can!
snaggy is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 10-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!
 
Cod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Age: 49
Posts: 3,721
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggy View Post
Don't go near those Bruiser scammers! Many lawsuits against them for screwing customers and walking away Google it
You do hear more bad than good about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Cod is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 10-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Newbie
 
Skydoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 4
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
You do hear more bad than good about them
As a Bruiser customer I can say there are not "a bunch of lawsuits". I am very happy and they have ALWAYS stood by the work they did. Any adjustments or work they did after I was not charged for and they even mounted and road forced a set of 40's no charge on one visit. There have been a few customers that have bashed the company without ever attempting to work it out with them before they went online and cried about it. One even flipped out online and tore them apart only to have a second conversion do be on their other jeep just weeks later!? Don't believe everything you read from these people.
As for the factory transmission you can look up the numbers on the WAG. It is more than capable to handle the torque and horsepower and more importantly saves money if you already havbe a '12 and up so why wouldn't you. I understand that some want to go with the 6 speed manual etc from chevy and I know that people do it. Bruiser is making a kit that works without warning lights or adding accessories to make things do what they are supposed to. Once its in everything runs as factory including cruise control, steering wheel buttons, tap shifter and OBD port for codes. The factory tranny bolts to LS with their adapter and a single computer thats already set up. I have run the 480 and 430 and their tunes are perfect after years of adjusting and tweaking.
Hope I helped a bit.
Skydoc is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 11-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Wheeler
 
snaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 71
Feedback: 0 reviews

Pretty suspicious that the only folks who defend Jeff and the scammers are in his new home state of Florida. My friend is fighting with them now and talking to the attorneys that represent the owners in these links below plus others. See for yourself. Reportedly a former employee is assisting the lawsuit by divulging Jeff's tricks, for example using the deposit money from customer B to pay to complete customer A's Jeep because Jeff already spent the money on his new shop, show Jeeps, etc.

Find the Reviews of bruiser jeep conversion | www.bruiserjeepreview.com.

Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

LoD front Ace Engineering rear Xenon fenders Rockhard skids EVO Rockstars Mickey Thompson Classic Beadlocks Goodyear Fierce Attitudes Spending as fast I can!
snaggy is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Rock God
 
Bumpstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 644
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

I was considering Bruiser because they are only an hour from me and I can check I the Jeep during the who process.

Yes the W5A580/NAG1 transmission in the '12+ can handle the V8 power for sure. Its put behind SRT8s, AMGs, and 911s. Its rated at 580NM aka 427 ftlbs TQ. The AMG shift solenoids and TCM programming will up that rating... BUT I have priced the Bruiser conversion LS vs the RPM and Motech with the 6L80 and the pricing is the same.

And I have decided not no go with any of the 3 shops. Bruiser has been pretty bad with communication with me and the others are so far. I have found a shop 45 minutes from me in the other direction that I'm going with. When I'm ready they will do the engine swap and I trust them to decide what swap parts to buy from what company and that things they will make in house (the Jeep & 4x4 shop also owns the engine machine shop next door). I have read everything that I can about everyone's swaps and know that until I have actually done a few swaps without attachment to any kits maker that I won't know what way is best for me. So this is where a trusted shop enters in.
Bumpstick is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 11-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!
 
Cod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Age: 49
Posts: 3,721
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpstick View Post
I was considering Bruiser because they are only an hour from me and I can check I the Jeep during the who process.

Yes the W5A580/NAG1 transmission in the '12+ can handle the V8 power for sure. Its put behind SRT8s, AMGs, and 911s. Its rated at 580NM aka 427 ftlbs TQ. The AMG shift solenoids and TCM programming will up that rating... BUT I have priced the Bruiser conversion LS vs the RPM and Motech with the 6L80 and the pricing is the same.

And I have decided not no go with any of the 3 shops. Bruiser has been pretty bad with communication with me and the others are so far. I have found a shop 45 minutes from me in the other direction that I'm going with. When I'm ready they will do the engine swap and I trust them to decide what swap parts to buy from what company and that things they will make in house (the Jeep & 4x4 shop also owns the engine machine shop next door). I have read everything that I can about everyone's swaps and know that until I have actually done a few swaps without attachment to any kits maker that I won't know what way is best for me. So this is where a trusted shop enters in.
John Schumacher @ Overland Performance he uses MoTech's kit and you can't beat the guy to keep you informed and honesty. Bad side he is in Prairieville, LA Home

and his info here JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum - View Profile: JohnPShoe

Just giving you another option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Cod is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 35
Posts: 135
Feedback: 0 reviews

The single OBDII port is nice -- same as my TJ which has a 5.7 hemi swap in it as well. We're doing an LS swap right now as well but doing a 4L80E with manual valve body. Rather have control of shifting for off road... hopefully will still be friendly on the street with the proper converter setup

2009 White Wrangler Rubicon 2dr
106" wheel base
42" MTRs w/ 14/18" King Internal Bypass CO's and bumps
Full Float Currie D60/D70 F/R
LSX 427 / 4L80 Full Manual Valve Body / 2.9 Whipple @ 3 PSI
Lots of fab work
guarnibl is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 11-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Rock God
 
coilrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lower mainland
Age: 52
Posts: 1,620
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggy View Post
Pretty suspicious that the only folks who defend Jeff and the scammers are in his new home state of Florida. My friend is fighting with them now and talking to the attorneys that represent the owners in these links below plus others. See for yourself. Reportedly a former employee is assisting the lawsuit by divulging Jeff's tricks, for example using the deposit money from customer B to pay to complete customer A's Jeep because Jeff already spent the money on his new shop, show Jeeps, etc.

Find the Reviews of bruiser jeep conversion | www.bruiserjeepreview.com.

Calling out Bruiser Conversions!
Something is wrong with your second link. It keeps directing me to some fruitcake site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
coilrod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome