Teraflex 2.5" Lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By clos0791
  • 1 Post By Dirtysocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-09-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Teraflex 2.5" Lift

I'm finally looking to put a lift on my 2014 JK. Been looking at a few brands and kinda set on the Teraflex. I've read a lot of great reviews on it for the price and they have been around for a while. Does anyone have pictures of the this same lift on there jeep with either 33" or 35" tires? How does it ride compared to stock? I rarely go off road so its mainly a mall crawler. Also is it a good idea to get an adjustable front trac bar to re center the axle or is it not needed with this little of lift? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-09-2016, 05:48 PM

I have the Teraflex Budget Boost 2.5, it rides like stock on my 15 jku. 33 inch K02s tires look great.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
yamaharider529 likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Wheeler

Teraflex 2.5" Lift

I have the Teraflex budget boost that comes with the shock extensions & rear trackbar bracket on my JK w/ 35s.

If you're not going to wheel, I would suggest staying with 33s. With the 35s & this lift, the handling definitely changes & you'll need to do more to get the handling back closer to stock.

Here're are some pics:
Stock -

Stock w/ flat fenders -

Stock w/ flat fenders & 35s -

And finally, with the Teraflex lift added -

The last two pics are what you really wanted, but thought you'll like to see the progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yamaharider529 likes this.

2014 Black JKR on 35s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Wheeler

Also wanted to add that I went with the lift because the 35s were rubbing at extreme flex when wheeling.

2014 Black JKR on 35s
post #5 of 12 Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for commenting I really appreciate it! The Teraflex kit I'm looking at comes with longer coils instead of spacers. I wasnt sure what the budget boost lift was. The price of the one im looking at is $750 and comes with Teraflex shocks. Your jeep looks perfect with 35's. Kinda worried 33's might look small after the lift.

[I

post #6 of 12 Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clos0791 View Post
I have the Teraflex Budget Boost 2.5, it rides like stock on my 15 jku. 33 inch K02s tires look great.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Would you happen to have any pictures of yours with the 33's? Thanks

post #7 of 12 Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Wheeler

This is the budget boost that I have - https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72d7e

SKU: 1355210

2014 Black JKR on 35s
post #8 of 12 Old 10-17-2016, 02:47 AM
Granite Guru

When it comes to apperance, 35's are a better choice. What gears do you have? It can also help you in deciding the right tire size.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-17-2016, 07:10 AM

Here's mine with the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift you're talking about getting. I also added control arms and a Rock Krawler front track bar. The track bar was necessary because the bushing on the old one was toast.

It's a great lift and I have no complaints. I would definitely recommend it.

post #10 of 12 Old 10-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Wheeler

Another option is rubicon express 2.5. That's the lift I just went with. From research on the forum i found that they are def. comparable lifts and a lot of guys like RE over teraflex due to the rebranded bilstien shocks over the teraflex 9550s. Also the springs are apparently made by the same company. With that all being said. I think either way you'll be very happy with the teraflex if you go that route. Also tire wise I just went with the new grabber x3 and I have no lift currently. Just running flat fenders. No rubbing on road but the tolerances are very close regarding my rock rails.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharider529 View Post
Thank you guys for commenting I really appreciate it! The Teraflex kit I'm looking at comes with longer coils instead of spacers. I wasnt sure what the budget boost lift was. The price of the one im looking at is $750 and comes with Teraflex shocks. Your jeep looks perfect with 35's. Kinda worried 33's might look small after the lift.

[I

A few months dated, but I'm wondering if you ended up going with some combination of this setup? Budget boost, budget boost with shocks, 33s, 35s...?
post #12 of 12 Old 02-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Rock God

Ive been running the TF 2.5" coil lift for 6-7 year now. The coils has sagged some over the years but still pretty happy with it.

I didnt like their sway bar endlinks. the bushings kept wearing out and i eventually replaced them with JKS
I didnt use the old style rear trackbar drop bracket with the kit (new kit uses a beefier trackbar bracket). instead i got one from RK
I didnt use the bump stop extensions either cause it had too much drop. at ride height it was almost riding on the bump stops.

Basically only the coils are left from the kit lol

JKUR with armor, bumpers and winch on 35's. I also have Synergy's f&r adjustable track bars and lower control arms

edit: forgot to mention i tossed the brake line relocation brackets too. The rear TF sway bar endlinks with the bolt pointing inward caught the relocated hardline and bent it into a "U" while out in Moab. Replaced with Crown braided lines. The over sized bump stop extensions that i left out might of prevented this though

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff

Last edited by Chris85xlt; 02-22-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode