E-autogrilles install review - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
E-autogrilles install review

Not sure where this should go so please forgive me if this is the wrong section but I figured with the lack of info online I will post my initial thoughts after installing the front and rear bumpers I received from E-autogrilles.

First I want to say so far (its only been a day though) I believe they're worth the money. With that said there were some issues.

Starting with the front bumper, the fog light holes were slightly off center. Not too bad but still an example of less then stellar assembly.
Another issue is the plate that the winch rollers mounts too is small and doesn't look too strong, the opening is also too small for the winch wire and will cause rubbing on the wire so that will either need to be replaced or I have to use a grinder to widen the opening.
I also had some slight damage to one of the corners. Thats expected when you use ups to ship your 100+ lb metal bumper.

For the rear bumper I had more issues. The bumper is a tire carrier and bumper combo. The bumper sits slightly crooked which isn't too noticeable but the swing arm is where I ran into the most issues. The part where the swing arm mounted to came pre rusted with surface rust as its unpainted exposed metal. it took a large rubber mallet and some grease to get the swing arm on. Once on it turns pretty well. But no nipple to grease it once its on and no bearings either. Rather crappy design if you ask me but does look strong.
The handle is another issue. It connected fine to the swing arm but the piece of metal that goes through the slot on the bumper is too big. I need to either make my own piece of metal or grind down the opening on the bumper either way I have it assembled shut but I cannot upen it up without disassembling the handle right now.

There are also 0 instructions with the bumpers. So you do need some slight wrenching experience, some common sense and some problem solving skills and minor fabrication skills with these bumpers.

They do seem strong and the welds look decent. Not perfect dimes but better than I could do.

From what others have said it does seem like customer service is lacking though as these people don't even have a dedicated website and I haven't received any return calls or emails.

If they hold up as well as I think they will, I would buy again. If you're doing some extreme off roading, a lot of towing, a lot of recovery with the winch, you might want to spend the extra money on "name brand" bumpers.

But they're far worth the half the price they are compared to others. Any normal mudding, trail riding etc etc these will do just fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Granite Guru

I've beat the shit out of my rear tire carrier and it looks like the day I got it. Dropped it on tons of ledges and its held up.

The spindle design is shit but for the price who cares. I would also paint it right away because whatever they coat it in is garbage.

Good stuff for the price as long as you aren't anal about details and buy it to get beat up.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-03-2016, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjk View Post
I've beat the shit out of my rear tire carrier and it looks like the day I got it. Dropped it on tons of ledges and its held up.

The spindle design is shit but for the price who cares. I would also paint it right away because whatever they coat it in is garbage.

Good stuff for the price as long as you aren't anal about details and buy it to get beat up.
Thanks for the post! My jeep is a DD but also meant to get dirty and beat up its a jeep and thats what they're used for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode