New products on my JKUR that I would like to review - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New products on my JKUR that I would like to review

First, I installed a few new things in my Jeep within the last few months and wanted to post a review of each.

Pioneer 8100NEX
Great head unit! Sound is crystal clear and all the bells and whistles of this unit work as advertised. The Navigation is very quick and accurate and laid out very user friendly. I sued the PAC RP4-CH11 interface and if you READ the directions, it is a very simple install. I added the SiriusXM tuner as well and it is also very straight forward. Overall I am EXTREMELY impressed with this unit over the stock 430n that came in the Jeep.

Rubicon Express 2.5" RE7141M Lift Kit
Springs ride a little "firmer" than the stock Rubi springs but I like it better, I'm sure that is just personal taste but that is my .02. I got a little over 3" of lift in the front and right about 2.5" in the rear. The ride on the road is comfortable and offroad it does flex A LOT better than stock. I'm sure that is mostly due to the Bilstein 5100's in the kit (which are miles better then the stock rubi shocks). I do have a slight vibration in the steering wheel at 45-50mph but I will have my new track bar coming soon (bushing in the stock one is shot). Overall I am happy with this kit... Would have went with the full Rock Krawler X-Factor kit if $ was no object but for $600ish I think this kit is hard to beat. (Rock Krawler control arms will be on order next week)

Method Mesh Wheels and General Grabber AT2 35x12.50x17s

Wheels are subjective I know but I like these A LOT and if you don't then The tires are very quiet on the road... Seriously, like almost NO noise. The track straight and have great traction on dry and wet pavement. Off road they do wonderful as well, although they are no mud terrain. I live in AZ with all the rocks and sand and so far I have not had any issued anywhere. They grab the rocks well with very minimal spinning and they seem to just "float" over the sand at 15psi. I have only put about 1000 miles on them so far but I haven't noticed any wear yet. Overall I think they are a great tire if you spend more time on the road than off and they will get you just about anywhere you want to go. Again, hard to beat for the price.

SuperChips FlashPaq
I installed the FlashPaq to correct speedo and get rid of annoying TPMS light. I was originally going to get the FlashCal but a buddy in my local club was selling his FlashPac for $150 so I though what the hell... This thing is probably my favorite add on so far. The speedo is dead on, I have my fogs with high-beams now, and this thing has brought my power back close to stock (if not better) since going 35's, and I'm only on the 87 tune. It shifts so much better / smoother / quicker IMO and my MPG's are steadily climbing back up to acceptable range. My heavy 4-door no longer shifts a million times going up the mountains to Payson from Phoenix. It will just drop to 4th and hold there (unless I absolutely punch it to pass someone). So glad my buddy was dumping this since he sold his Jeep! For anyone considering the FlashPaq and FlashCal, do yourself a favor and get the FlashPaq. Yes its twice the $$$ but IMHO its worth every penny.

I will do my best to post pics of everything in the next few days but I need to get my Blue Star first.

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Rock God

If you're buying RK control arms (the expensive part) why would you not just buy the springs as well, seeing as you "wanted" them. You could have easily went with RK springs and bilstein 5100s.. Not sure exactly what came in your "kit" but their prices are pretty much identical to RK's.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-28-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
If you're buying RK control arms (the expensive part) why would you not just buy the springs as well, seeing as you "wanted" them. You could have easily went with RK springs and bilstein 5100s.. Not sure exactly what came in your "kit" but their prices are pretty much identical to RK's.
I paid $600 for springs, bilsteins, bump stops, and trackbar brackets. Shop only charged me $150 to install since I bought the wheels/tires from them and they didn't carry RK... About a week after, River City has the "old" RK kits for a little more $$$ but it was too late... After I get the RK control arms I will only have around $1700 in the lift including install and alignment vs. $2400 plus install / alignment for the full RK kit

Amp'd 14 JK Unlimited Rubicon | RE 2.5 Lift | RK Control Arms | Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper & Narrow Crusher Flares | JW Speaker Headlights and Tails | Vision-X LEDs | Adams Shafts | Method Mesh Wheels | 35x12.50x17 General Grabber AT2's | SuperChips FlashPaq | Pioneer 8100NEX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode