2008 Sahara Unlimited - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

2008 Sahara Unlimited

I have been looking at a new 2008 Sahara Unlimited on a local dealers lot , the sales manager has been driving it and it has 3000 miles on the odometer...How much should i be asking off of the price for this ? They have a few 2009's also so i would think they would want to make a deal on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Ask the dealer what if any discounts apply. Are they offering any dealer/ factory incentives? Now is supposedly a good time to start looking for dealers to unload stock that they've had on the lot all year. Is the sales mgr really wanting to get rid of it though? My bet is that he loves driving it home every night. That being said...The key with some dealerships is to make them think that you dont really want/ need it that much. If you already drooled over it in front of the mgr/ salesman, then chances are they will try and hold out for the asking price. There is a jeep deler on this forum. (Jason from Airpark in Az?) that could probably offer some good tips as well. JMO

* demonto is his user name...Maybe you could shoot him a pm...He seems like a very helpful and honest guy.

Last edited by StubEXrube; 09-09-2008 at 09:09 AM.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaasun71 View Post
I have been looking at a new 2008 Sahara Unlimited on a local dealers lot , the sales manager has been driving it and it has 3000 miles on the odometer...How much should i be asking off of the price for this ? They have a few 2009's also so i would think they would want to make a deal on this.
It should be sold as used and not new, so most of your savings will come from the depreciated value of the vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Thats what i said. If i bought a car , took it out and drove it for 3000 miles ,and brought it back, would you give me what i paid for it ? They didnt have an answer for that.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawl View Post
It should be sold as used and not new, so most of your savings will come from the depreciated value of the vehicle.
i think they can go quite a few more miles before it is sold as a "demo" and i dont think it has to be used, no one titled it yet.

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #6 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeep View Post
i think they can go quite a few more miles before it is sold as a "demo" and i dont think it has to be used, no one titled it yet.
...ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...unfortunately. I think you should just give em your ph. # and tell em that you dont want it that bad...Tell em "Call when the price drops down". Sit back and wait to see how they want to play the card.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
...ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...unfortunately. I think you should just give em your ph. # and tell em that you dont want it that bad...Tell em "Call when the price drops down". Sit back and wait to see how they want to play the card.
best advice right here.

When i traded my 2 door X for a 4 door Rubicon the numbers didnt meet what I wanted so I walked out. Next day I got called 6 times, once by my salesman, 3 times by his manager and then twice by the GM. He got my numbers right and I bought.

The sales manager tried a neat trick. During his 3rd phone call he said, "well if you cant buy it we will list it back for sale." I said, "ok". Then the GM was calling to work the numbers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #8 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

I actually purchased a 2008 Saraha Unlimited fully loaded with nav that was used as a Dealer Demo. Legally it's sold as USED for DMV paperwork, but is financed as new since it's still current year and under 10k miles. Also the inservice date does not start until you drive it off the lot. My jeep has 5100 miles on it, and that's the beginning of my warranty period.

They will deal to get rid of it, and I got mine for a bit under what they paid for it but that was due to the incentives going on.

My suggestion, tell them you will pay $500 below what they paid before downpayment and incentives. Also have them include remote start or some other $250/factory option that it's missing. Mine was missing the remote start and they ate the cost to have it installed.

Granted this was before they started receiving any 09's on the lot, so they will probably deal with you even more to get rid of the 08's
post #9 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
JKO Addict!

just go get one already and come to the meet n' greet next week.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Granite Guru

Your not going to get much off one with 3000 miles. As long as it's not titled they can title it as a new vehicle, up to a certain amount of miles..well over 3000.

I fought like hell on my NEW 2007 in may of this year on the same basic things mentioned above. It didn't have many miles, 300, but was soon to be 2 years old. I told them if I had to bring it back in here in a few months to trade it what would you give me for it....you'd trade it as a two year old vehicle, not a 6 month old vehicle. I was determined because I knew I could get a good deal...they had 7 07's and 20 or so 08's in late may of 08. Needless to say I got the deal I was after...I know they didn't loose money even though they tried to tell me that did...I had a response to that as well.

Just go after the deal that you want..if they don't want to give it to you, come down to Orlando...there are several Jeep stealerships with a lot of jeeps on the lot.

edit: I got power windows and locks installed at dealer cost as part of the deal too....plus bought my new jeep cheaper than a used 07 with 20K miles across the street at carmax.

07 JK Unlimited X - 24s, Soft, Auto, 4:10's, Saraha 18's. OME Springs and Shocks, JKS Front and Rear Adj. Bars, JKS Disco's, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, Mopar Trail Guide.

01 WJ Limited -- Gone to make room for JK Unlimited!

01 TJ for me and my son-----BYE BYE TJ see you on the trails someday....

.__0_0_0_0
[l_,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)---)_)

Last edited by FL JEEPN; 09-09-2008 at 12:02 PM.
post #11 of 21 Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Rock God

A bit advice here, it's probably had the crap run out of it. I would never buy a demo or a floor model of anything (appliance, TV, etc.) because these are the products that see the most abuse. The sales people don't care about the vehicle because 1) they're free and 2) they don't have to pay for it if it breaks.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #12 of 21 Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

I ended up getting an X with almost the same options as the Sahara for alot less money.
post #13 of 21 Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Congrats man!!! on the new addition. The Saharas are nice, but you have an excellent platform to build up however you want...mild or wild. Pics?
post #14 of 21 Old 09-11-2008, 04:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaasun71 View Post
I ended up getting an X with almost the same options as the Sahara for alot less money.
awesome.... now just come to the meet n' greet next Saturday (09/20) and show it off.
post #15 of 21 Old 09-13-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

post #16 of 21 Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Great looking jeep! Go get her dirty...Thats all she really needs!
post #17 of 21 Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 PM

So what are dealers typically asking? $500 over invoice? What have you all been paying?
post #18 of 21 Old 09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwag View Post
So what are dealers typically asking? $500 over invoice? What have you all been paying?
Bought mine in aug for $29k. SouthPoint Jeep in Tulsa OK. 08 Rubicon unlimited. 6speed, Hardtop, and power group. should be close to invoice.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #19 of 21 Old 09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwag View Post
Sorry a bit late to this thread!!!

I am selling all my 2008's for -$400 below invoice - rebates

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #20 of 21 Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Wheeler

my 08 is for sale.
unlimited X
rescue green
auto
power group
2.5" skyjacker
procomp 8089's
dick cepek mud country 33/12.5/17
skyjacker steering stabilizer
6000 miles.
$25K

Rescue green X unlimited
Skyjacker lift
33/12.5 mud country

unlimited is gone
but not the redrock 2 door
post #21 of 21 Old 09-17-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

I ended up getting about $2000 off sticker price , I dont know if i got a good deal or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode