Jk flat fender options? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jk flat fender options?

Looking to swap out the stock fenders. Found a thread from a couple years ago here but nothing recent.(yes I have done my own search &#128077
My old Tj was built to beat on.... This one is quite a bit milder and will prob stay that way, yea, im gettin old.

So looking for some pics and pros/ cons of what's out there. Not looking to break the bank, but want a great quality product.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

For the price Ace engineering fenders are hard to beat. I have had them for a couple of years and they have held up really well in the rocks and trees in AZ.

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/...-Set_p_32.html

Do you want steel, plastic or aluminum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 08:23 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

MCE Fenders if you want plastic, they look good, you can keep the factory liners, and they flex against objects which will save the body. Plus, lifetime warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Granite Guru

Anyone know which fenders provide the highest clearance?

I have cut stock fenders right now, and there looks to be room for improvement and definitely a smoother contact error.
I know the MCE ones are technically the ones with the most clearance but I just can't put them on my jeep with the way they look. haha

For steel I like the look of the Crawler Conceptz

Aluminium ones from PSC look pretty cool as well

Good luck in your search, there are a ton of options!
post #5 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Granite Guru

But... being that they are disposable items.... What are the cheapest plastic high clearance flatties that don't look as unpolished as the cut factory flares? Oh, and will completely cover 37x13.5 on 4.5" backspace? PA Law says no tread can extend out of the body. I hate my state laws.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 JK Willys, 37x13.5-18 STT Pro, 3.5" RK with 1.25 body lift, 28" Fox 2.0 IFP, Ruff Stuff Tie Rod, Synergy Trackbar/Bracket/Sector Bracket, WTO Ram Assist, EVO RockStar Rear Brackets, ProRock 44U, RCV/Ten Factory shafts/E-Locker, Synergy Balls, Factory Rear LSD, 12K LB X2O Gen 2 Comp, SB SRC Front/Body Armor Rear bumpers, RR and RE armor, Adams Shafts, 4.88 Yukon Gears. My toy.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6, Mango Tango.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
post #6 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Pretty well at full stuff with 37's and 4.5 b/s tiding on RK 2.5"
Bushwacker flatties advantage was easy install, cavernous room, side marker lights for the po-po. Flat enough to support my beverage. Took a few good beats, creased the fender on a tree. It folded in a couple inches but popped back out with a crease.
Downside is there are aluminum ones avail for similar price.
[IMG][/IMG]
post #7 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Not a fan of the weird flip up on the edge of Aces fenders.
The crawler conceptz are cool.... Havent checked to see if they have a powdercoat option... But I like them.
Probably not going with anything plastic.....
post #8 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
What are the cheapest plastic high clearance flatties ...and will completely cover 37x13.5 on 4.5" backspace? PA Law says no tread can extend out of the body.
Cheapest? Saw some where dude screwed a few feet of lawn edging to the inside of his cut stockers. Aesthetics cost more.
Xenon were the widest, I know there is a recent stock looking one that is wider but I don't recall where I saw it.
My tread stuck about 1/2" past the fender.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Anyone have the Metalcloak brand? I like the look, plus the powdercoat option....
post #10 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Rock God

Bratt , I had a conversation with one of the guys from MC about three weeks ago , he said that they were looking at about a month to a month and a half that they were going to have their new hardline fenders for sale to the public in aluminum . So I guess that maybe in the next two or three weeks they will have the latest rendition of flatties out ?

I like this design more than the others available , so I'll be patient .
You might have a look at their thread in the vendors thread .
Could be what your looking for .
post #11 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post
Bratt , I had a conversation with one of the guys from MC about three weeks ago , he said that they were looking at about a month to a month and a half that they were going to have their new hardline fenders for sale to the public in aluminum . So I guess that maybe in the next two or three weeks they will have the latest rendition of flatties out ?

I like this design more than the others available , so I'll be patient .
You might have a look at their thread in the vendors thread .
Could be what your looking for .
Yep, ive been in contact. Love the hardline style...im good with steel or aluminum...was more curious if anyone had them already and what they thought cost vs product was. And how much of a pita install is. I looked over their install page and it honestly didnt look bad.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

We also make clean, nice quality aluminum fenders that can be powder coated.
Good luck with your choice, if you are in Moab next week for Easter Jeep Safari, stop by and see us at the vendor show!!

Out and about on the trails.

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST ALL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2460

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Follow us on
post #13 of 15 Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Rock God

I saw the Nemesis in person and they look very clean with a lot of clearance.

As far as fenders go, really depends on teh usage of teh jeep. If you go plastic might as well just try trimming your current stockers (free) and a lot of clearance. There are lots of pics online of different trimming styles.

If the Jeep is going to often see and kiss rocks, go with a tube style that has DOM tubing, avoid aluminum. Consider teh added weight of any metal fenders though, specially if you have a 3.8L Jeep.

Good luck!

post #14 of 15 Old 03-17-2016, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yea there are a lot of pics. Ive been going cross eyed looking for quite awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger on Metalcloaks steel hardline fenders. Ordered the set of 4 powdercoated. Theyre a few weeks out for delivery, a little more $$ than I wanted to spend, but I really like the look and their customer service and products have great reviews. Thanks Will .... And Eric.
Ill post a pic up once I have them on the Heep.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-17-2016, 10:24 AM
JKowners Vendor

Glad that we were able to help out. I can't wait to hear what you think about them once you get them installed.

MetalCloak, It's Your Jeep, Only Better
Will (916)631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SLADE- View Post
Metalcloak claims to have the highest clearance flat fenders and their Duroflex joints appear to bridge the gap between stock clevite bushings and re-buildable joints making them a great option for daily drivers. Metalcloak's dual rate coils actually backup the available travel in their suspension instead of just making claims of "flex" and "max travel" only to provide short coils with little travel like some have done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode