having a mount problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews
having a mount problem

I have searched and searched around on here, and I know asking about light bar mounts is a question that happens repetitively (and believe me, I have really tried to prevent from asking such question)...

BUT,

I have not came across any answers to what I am looking for:/

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY OTHER PLACES WHERE I CAN PURCHASE A MOUNT SPECIFICALLY FOR A 52" on a 2015 wrangler??

The only place I have been able to find a mount for the light bar was at HMF...and unfortunately, they are on back order for who knows how long.

I know there have been others who have purchased a 50" mount for a 52" light, and have welded it to better fit... I don't really want to do that. And, a lot of people complain about the mounts not sitting flush with their jeep before and after doing so.
mldl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Rock God
 
Az Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 509
Feedback: 0 reviews

They are all over Ebay and Amazon. I think Poison Spyder carries them. Quadratec sells four or five different brands.
Az Scooter is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Random Dude
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Age: 48
Posts: 2,762
Feedback: 0 reviews

FYI, it's frowned upon to start multiple threads for the same question (see #6):
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Well, we have a thread for all the things we've learned from JKO.. might as well have one to help a n00b navigate his way through JKO.. Might even be useful to some of you old schoolers as well... although I use the term "useful" very loosely


The rules of JKO as only other members of JKO can put it are as follows.. This will be a living document..

#1 As so eloquently put by JKCTAZ - "The welcome room should be like your Mom's vagina. You come through it once getting here, after that if you keep going back to it, you have a screw loose. There are plenty of places in here to terrorize without making that one of them."

#2 No Nips, Lips, Or Tips! Because I don't want to see cock!

#3 No polls without a bacon option. Period.
........A) Also....no Jeep Wave threads

#4 Please Click Here for all tire size questions.

#5 Need Dating Advice? We are the best! Start a thread in Chit Chat! We have a proven track record.. ask TBP and Stub!

#6 Do not post the same question in two or more forums. It doesn't get you better exposure, it just makes it harder to keep up with and is annoying for those trying to help you.

#7 And at least try to search first, it's probably been asked before and discussed ad-nauseum if it involves lifts, tires or wheels You can always bump an existing thread on the same topic for up-to-date answers in case anything has changed.

#8 Tech is tech... don't shit it up And don't bring your tech to chit-chat... we will shit it up

#9 A little long winded.. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=34
^^^ from THIS THREAD -->https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60135
(Yes, this is a duplicate of my post in your other thread. Suggest deleting one of 'em.)

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
FYI, it's frowned upon to start multiple threads for the same question (see #6):
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Well, we have a thread for all the things we've learned from JKO.. might as well have one to help a n00b navigate his way through JKO.. Might even be useful to some of you old schoolers as well... although I use the term "useful" very loosely


The rules of JKO as only other members of JKO can put it are as follows.. This will be a living document..

#1 As so eloquently put by JKCTAZ - "The welcome room should be like your Mom's vagina. You come through it once getting here, after that if you keep going back to it, you have a screw loose. There are plenty of places in here to terrorize without making that one of them."

#2 No Nips, Lips, Or Tips! Because I don't want to see cock!

#3 No polls without a bacon option. Period.
........A) Also....no Jeep Wave threads

#4 Please Click Here for all tire size questions.

#5 Need Dating Advice? We are the best! Start a thread in Chit Chat! We have a proven track record.. ask TBP and Stub!

#6 Do not post the same question in two or more forums. It doesn't get you better exposure, it just makes it harder to keep up with and is annoying for those trying to help you.

#7 And at least try to search first, it's probably been asked before and discussed ad-nauseum if it involves lifts, tires or wheels You can always bump an existing thread on the same topic for up-to-date answers in case anything has changed.

#8 Tech is tech... don't shit it up And don't bring your tech to chit-chat... we will shit it up

#9 A little long winded.. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=34
^^^ from THIS THREAD -->https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60135
(Yes, this is a duplicate of my post in your other thread. Suggest deleting one of 'em.)

my apologies for trying to get some input and help. Yes, I'm new to the forum, my bad for wanting to learn a little more. Obviously I done some research on the topic and was not able to find what I was looking for. Believe me, I tried my best to avoid having to ask.

And to have you know, it was not intentional that I made two threads on the same topic. When I first posted, it did not show up that it was actually there which made me think it was restricted from that area or something.So therefore I reposted it somewhere else. It was not until I received two emails tonight that showed you replied to both threads that I even knew the original one actually did post. It was a simple mishap, and one has been deleted.
mldl is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Why are you getting your panties all wadded up? The Wrench speaks the truth. It took me all of 20 seconds to do a search on G O O G L E to find this >> I think I'll put some popcorn in the microwave.


https://www.google.com/search?q=52+i...utf-8&oe=utf-8

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
RubiCajun is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Why are you getting your panties all wadded up? The Wrench speaks the truth. It took me all of 20 seconds to do a search on G O O G L E to find this >> I think I'll put some popcorn in the microwave.


https://www.google.com/search?q=52+i...utf-8&oe=utf-8
such great hospitality on the site yeah I know how Google works. I also know how to read reviews on items and on the sellers. Like I said, I've done my research. I was just hoping to maybe come across someone who knows about something on it that I haven't came across yet or maybe someone who has purchased one that had pictures of their setup so I wouldn't have to base my decision solely on what some 17 year old had to say about it on amazon.
mldl is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
They are all over Ebay and Amazon. I think Poison Spyder carries them. Quadratec sells four or five different brands.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
mldl is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Random Dude
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Age: 48
Posts: 2,762
Feedback: 0 reviews

"And to have you know," I only pointed out #6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Why are you getting your panties all wadded up?
If #7 is nagging at your conscience, that's on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldl View Post
my apologies for trying to get some input and help. Yes, I'm new to the forum, my bad for wanting to learn a little more. Obviously I done some research on the topic and was not able to find what I was looking for. Believe me, I tried my best to avoid having to ask.

And to have you know, it was not intentional that I made two threads on the same topic. When I first posted, it did not show up that it was actually there which made me think it was restricted from that area or something.So therefore I reposted it somewhere else. It was not until I received two emails tonight that showed you replied to both threads that I even knew the original one actually did post. It was a simple mishap, and one has been deleted.
Your sarcasm comes across as passive-aggressive. I'd work on that.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 03-12-2016, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
"And to have you know," I only pointed out #6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Why are you getting your panties all wadded up?
If #7 is nagging at your conscience, that's on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldl View Post
my apologies for trying to get some input and help. Yes, I'm new to the forum, my bad for wanting to learn a little more. Obviously I done some research on the topic and was not able to find what I was looking for. Believe me, I tried my best to avoid having to ask.

And to have you know, it was not intentional that I made two threads on the same topic. When I first posted, it did not show up that it was actually there which made me think it was restricted from that area or something.So therefore I reposted it somewhere else. It was not until I received two emails tonight that showed you replied to both threads that I even knew the original one actually did post. It was a simple mishap, and one has been deleted.
Your sarcasm comes across as passive-aggressive. I'd work on that.

I'm really not into the whole back and forth bickering thing, so if you aren't replying on here to help with the question I made this thread on, then best wishes to ya man.
mldl is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 03-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,811
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldl View Post
such great hospitality on the site yeah I know how Google works. I also know how to read reviews on items and on the sellers. Like I said, I've done my research. I was just hoping to maybe come across someone who knows about something on it that I haven't came across yet or maybe someone who has purchased one that had pictures of their setup so I wouldn't have to base my decision solely on what some 17 year old had to say about it on amazon.
careful what foot you get -off on here, bud. Sarcasm is welcome but don't bite the hands that feed ya potentially 'yummy food' ...hospitality in excess can be found a-plenty here but pick your battles and be-ye-not-afraid to apologize and move on.....we have been extremely hospitable ya just have to use some mental prowess when posting/commenting/asking for assistance... you won't find a better, more amicable forum until ,that-is,you irk someone for no reason.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 03-12-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
careful what foot you get -off on here, bud. Sarcasm is welcome but don't bite the hands that feed ya potentially 'yummy food' ...hospitality in excess can be found a-plenty here but pick your battles and be-ye-not-afraid to apologize and move on.....we have been extremely hospitable ya just have to use some mental prowess when posting/commenting/asking for assistance... you won't find a better, more amicable forum until ,that-is,you irk someone for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Why are you getting your panties all wadded up? The Wrench speaks the truth. It took me all of 20 seconds to do a search on G O O G L E to find this >> I think I'll put some popcorn in the microwave.


https://www.google.com/search?q=52+i...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
"And to have you know," I only pointed out #6.
If #7 is nagging at your conscience, that's on you.
Your sarcasm comes across as passive-aggressive. I'd work on that.


To be honest with you I felt like I was being attacked over a mishap(that I corrected as advised) and I also felt like I was being considered ignorant because I asked about a mount. I know that question has arisen more than enough on here, but I really haven't found anything about the size I am looking for except that people have resulted to using a 50" for a 52" bar.... And those posts were showing last posted or replied in 2013. Maybe I missed something more recent? I'm not sure. I was thinking "well, it's been a few years since then so maybe someone has found a brand or site that offers 52" mount now". I have spent numourous hours on the internet looking at sellers sites like eBay and Amazon and to be honest, all the reviews haven't been so great. I know that's a risk you take buying online but when you're reading nothing but unhappy comments on a product, ya really don't want to result to purchasing it. That's why I came here. In hopes that maybe I would be pointed in the right direction. I am sorry to all if anything I said rubbed you the wrong way, I am not here to make enemies. I just didn't expect to feel attacked first hand on here. Maybe I took what y'all said in the wrong way that it was really meant, I'm not sure. Like I said, I'm just lookin for help and a little insight, not to irk anyone. Again, my apologies.
mldl is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 03-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Administrator
 
HITMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sothern Utah
Age: 49
Posts: 8,743
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

You haven't even begun to be attacked here.... lol

You're ok man... no biggie... you have to do a shit ton worse than that to be "attacked" here.... unless the natives haven't had a good ole jihad in a while in which case just toss it up to bad timing...lol

Lighten up... swim with the current and you'll make it to shore..

Welcome to JKO! BTW, the finger smiley thing here is a good thing.

°lllll°


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HITMONEY is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 03-18-2016, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
You haven't even begun to be attacked here.... lol

You're ok man... no biggie... you have to do a shit ton worse than that to be "attacked" here.... unless the natives haven't had a good ole jihad in a while in which case just toss it up to bad timing...lol

Lighten up... swim with the current and you'll make it to shore..

Welcome to JKO! BTW, the finger smiley thing here is a good thing.
Hey I appreciate it man. These forums are a whole new thing for me, I wouldn't have even ever guessed the middle finger thing was a good thing lol I'm just wanting to learn from people on here, not wanting to make anyone mad. I actually havent even been on here since I last replied, because Ive just basically given up. I havent been able to get any much help and my researching is basically at a brick wall...
mldl is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Random Dude
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Age: 48
Posts: 2,762
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldl View Post
Hey I appreciate it man. These forums are a whole new thing for me, I wouldn't have even ever guessed the middle finger thing was a good thing lol I'm just wanting to learn from people on here, not wanting to make anyone mad. I actually havent even been on here since I last replied, because Ive just basically given up. I havent been able to get any much help and my researching is basically at a brick wall...
You're perfectly fine here, so stick around! You haven't pissed anyone off, and nobody here has attacked you.

To echo what HIT said: is a friendly gesture on JKO (just a little F.U. with a grin). Hell, that's the "official" Pirate4x4 salute.
In contrast, this: means somebody's (at least getting) pissed off, but you can ignore that if you think they're being asshats.
Folks here will give you a bit of shit at times, but will also give you tireless help and the shirt off their back when you need it.

I'll take these rough-around-the edges, honest old salts over some random "nice" backstabbers ANY. DAMN. DAY.
As long as your skin is not paper-thin, JKO is fawkin' awesome! I hope you draw the same conclusion.
Oh, and . . . WELCOME TO JKO

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 03-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Feedback: 0 reviews

Hey nice to meet you guys, I'm new here too. This is my first post . I just recently bought a 52 inch light bar and mounts for my 2013 Jku from Wicked light bars in Visalia,CA. I know they have a website and are pretty reasonable.
GBanaga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome