Set Jeep free, save the Wrangler? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thumbs up Set Jeep free, save the Wrangler?

Taking some of what we discussed in a previous thread in a slightly different direction... Fiat is over $6.5 billion in debt and trading on Jeep and Ram to save the rest of their lineup. Sure, they're selling a metric shit-ton of Jeeps, but the Wrangler is now the fourth-best selling Jeep behind the Cherokee lines and the Renegade. While the Wrangler is still the most recognized Jeep, I have no faith that Fiat will protect its iconic status. Instead they seem to be treating the Jeep brand as a short-term asset in the face of emissions requirements they don't have the resources to meet and as little European toys make up more of their sales numbers.

If you're concerned about Fiat's ownership of Jeep, please consider signing this petition and sharing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Wheeler

Your posts are the equivalent of CNN or Fox on political issues.

"THIS JUST IN: FIAT TO BURN ALL JEEPS!"

Don't believe all of the Facebook bot made news stories that you read.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Random Dude

NerfHerder -
QUICK QUESTION: YOU'RE POSTING THIS FOR . . .
  1. Market research?
  2. Indirect marketing?
  3. Manipulation?
  4. Personal interest?
  5. Sociology?
  6. Sociopathy?
  7. Scientology?
Not calling you out, just perplexed by your actions here on JKO:

Join Date: 01-11-2014 (screen name 2 yrs old + all activity this year = sleeper agent? )
Total Posts: 16 (all ONLY in the 6 threads ↓↓↓ you've started here)
  • Fiat's worst mistakes with the Jeep brand? (01/26/16)
  • New Jeep Ad (02/07/16)
  • Would Jeep be better off as an American brand? (02/15/2016)
  • The Batman Edition Jeep Renegade (02/23/2016)
  • Is Fiat ditching the two door? (02/28/2016)
  • Set Jeep free, save the Wrangler? (TODAY)
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you're doing, but . . .
. . . FYI, JKO is also about using and enjoying vehicles.
SO . . . SRSLY, DAFUQ'S JUR DEEL, MANG?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-10-2016, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Personal interest, and don't like the direction Fiat is taking the brand. I've been a Jeep owner for most of my life (with the exception of a short experimental phase when I owned an Amigo). I've owned a CJ, a TJ, and a JK, and I used (some would say abused) and enjoyed the hell out of all of them.

I'm also a cranky old f***. Fiat, when they took the Renegade name off my beloved CJ and bastardized it with that f***ing toaster, went a step too far. So now I have entered the Abe Simpson phase, where I am railing against change I don't believe in.

And I've got no problem with you asking. I'm more than happy to talk about why I'm fired up.

Last edited by NerfHerder; 03-10-2016 at 06:58 AM.
post #5 of 15 Old 03-10-2016, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
Personal interest, and don't like the direction Fiat is taking the brand. I've been a Jeep owner for most of my life (with the exception of a short experimental phase when I owned an Amigo). I've owned a CJ, a TJ, and a JK, and I used (some would say abused) and enjoyed the hell out of all of them.

I'm also a cranky old f***. Fiat, when they took the Renegade name off my beloved CJ and bastardized it with that f***ing toaster, went a step too far. So now I have entered the Abe Simpson phase, where I am railing against change I don't believe in.

And I've got no problem with you asking. I'm more than happy to talk about why I'm fired up.
This guy seems ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #6 of 15 Old 03-10-2016, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Lol @ Toaster. Theres a forum for those :rofl:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 09:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
While the Wrangler is still the most recognized Jeep, I have no faith that Fiat will protect its iconic status. Instead they seem to be treating the Jeep brand as a short-term asset in the face of emissions requirements they don't have the resources to meet and as little European toys make up more of their sales numbers.
This is the same FCA USA company that makes 707-hp muscle car reboots for fun?

All the hyperhybrid tech will trickle down and make the fleet efficiency average jump without touching the Wrangler. One pure-electric vehicle completely offsets the inefficiency of a Wrangler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Wheeler

The Jeep having been bought by Chrysler back in the days of AMC helped Chrysler out of a slump at the time. They bought out all of AMC but the Jeep is the only still in production.

Retired Lifer US Army. 173rd Airborne Sky Soldier
post #9 of 15 Old 03-15-2016, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
The Jeep having been bought by Chrysler back in the days of AMC helped Chrysler out of a slump at the time. They bought out all of AMC but the Jeep is the only still in production.
Jeep has always had a diehard following. It's just a matter of time until someone screws that up, though. I just hope the FCA years aren't New Coke for Jeep.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So that petition is up to 1,100 people now.

It's still small compared to the number of Jeep owners out there, but it seems like there is some real concern about Jeep under Fiat.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Rock God

Already have my JK so don't really care what Fiat does...unless they want to make slide windows for half-doors.
Even that's not much of a concern. I ride topless all year, through PA winters, too.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 01:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
So that petition is up to 1,100 people now.

It's still small compared to the number of Jeep owners out there, but it seems like there is some real concern about Jeep under Fiat.
A presidential candidate Deez Nuts was polling at 9% in North Carolina, so don't hang your hat on your petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So The Truth About Cars just wrote up a nice little article about the petition.

Yes, I realize it's not real likely that they would spin it off, but I wanted a way for owners to let FCA know that we're watching and won't be happy if they cannibalize the Jeep brand to save their crappy little tissue boxes. Jeep is getting a lot of love from Fiat right now because it and Ram are all they have to keep going. So this isn't a "sky is falling" kind of effort, it's just a way for us to make sure they STAY focused on Jeep rather than just boiling all the meat off the bones.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-29-2016, 11:33 AM

I am not sure that Fiat ownership has been a bad thing for Jeep. The new Renegade and Cherokee are interesting vehicles and are selling well enough. The Grand Cherokee keeps getting better and sales are good. And the JK Wrangler also continues to get better. And if they are able to bring some new power-train options to the next generation wrangler like maybe a hybrid option that can use the electric while off-roading, how can anyone complain?
post #15 of 15 Old 04-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Rock God

NerfHerder - did you create another account to have a conversation with yourself on the Forum? One side I am anti-FCA, the other I'm pro-FCA. This goes back to ExWrench's post. the only time you write is to link some shit how Jeep is going downhill.

It is an awesome selling vehicle. If they were to get rid of it, I'm sure bottom line would impacted negatively. Also, we have been hearing this same shit for a while. These guys are just needing to write articles to reach monthly quotas from the editor.

2010 2 door manual sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode