Aluminum Flares on Billet Silver? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-02-2016, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Aluminum Flares on Billet Silver?

I'm going to buy some Alum flares, most likely Poison Spyder, but don't know if I should paint, powder coat, line X or leave them natural finish.. Does anyone have any pics or thoughts? Thanks

15 JKUHR 37's, RE Long arm, Metalcloak 4.5 springs, Fox shocks, Mopar beadlocks.... Etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Rock God

i think they would probably look nice if you left them bare.. i painted my aluminum ones to match.

Last edited by block; 03-02-2016 at 04:02 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-02-2016, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for the reply, what brand did you go with?

15 JKUHR 37's, RE Long arm, Metalcloak 4.5 springs, Fox shocks, Mopar beadlocks.... Etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

The bare aluminum looks great with some colors but I don't think the billet silver is one of them. I would either paint them billet silver or powder coat in another contrasting color.

Although not aluminum, this is what I went with on my billet silver JKU....
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for the reply, that looks bitchen! What lift and tires?

post #6 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Granite Guru

i have a '13 JKUR in billet silver. while i still have the plastic black stock fenders i find the more black i add the the better the jeep looks. i will be powder coating everything in black, i am committed now. leaving stuff bare works for white and light, loud colors (gecko). there isn't enough contrast with bare and billet silver. but, at the end of the day, its all opinions.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" TR Beadlocks][5.38s][Fusion 4x4 Kingpin 1 Tons][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s][And more ...]

|
post #7 of 16 Old 03-07-2016, 02:17 AM
Granite Guru

How about a two tone color Poison Spyder JK Crusher Flares? My buddy this this method and it looks good.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-08-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Any pics?

post #9 of 16 Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
Thanks, its a Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor with 37x12.50r17 Cooper STT Pro's mounted on 17x9 Method NV 105 beadlocks.

post #10 of 16 Old 03-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Granite Guru

I've thought about this for months, and it has kept me from ordering flats. I keep looking at this pic from our friends at Northridge. I think it's beautiful.

Name:  silveronsilver.jpg
Views: 2018
Size:  147.3 KB
post #11 of 16 Old 03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
And now with 40's....
Attached Images

post #12 of 16 Old 03-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
And now with 40's....
Fuuuuuuhhhhkkiiin-A....
that'll do, right there.....man, the more I see the NV105 Methods the more I like them.... <EDIT: SORRY FOR HIJACKING MOMENTARILY, OP!> I am havin' trouble finding-out the weight for one wheel (the Method NV105 beadlock by itself) ; I am betting you know the weight of one, Boosted....man, your rig is lookin' righteous.....

post #13 of 16 Old 03-12-2016, 03:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
And now with 40's....
Nice! I am on a similar path. I sold my Trektop NX to another forum member and will be repurchasing it in twill soon. that and I am eyeballing those very same fenders and plan to rattle can them black. Might try them natural for a while first, though. The Evo rear facia looks good on my white rig so we'll see. I'll probably end up on 40's and back on MTRs again too.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
Fuuuuuuhhhhkkiiin-A....
that'll do, right there.....man, the more I see the NV105 Methods the more I like them.... <EDIT: SORRY FOR HIJACKING MOMENTARILY, OP!> I am havin' trouble finding-out the weight for one wheel (the Method NV105 beadlock by itself) ; I am betting you know the weight of one, Boosted....man, your rig is lookin' righteous.....
Thanks, its a work in progress....lol. The Method 105 Beadlocks (NV) in a 17x9 weigh 33 lbs each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
Nice! I am on a similar path. I sold my Trektop NX to another forum member and will be repurchasing it in twill soon. that and I am eyeballing those very same fenders and plan to rattle can them black. Might try them natural for a while first, though. The Evo rear facia looks good on my white rig so we'll see. I'll probably end up on 40's and back on MTRs again too.

Sweet! I look forward to seeing your pics when you get it all set up.

post #15 of 16 Old 03-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Thanks, its a work in progress....lol. The Method 105 Beadlocks (NV) in a 17x9 weigh 33 lbs each.

Sweet! I look forward to seeing your pics when you get it all set up.
much obliged. Once these 5.13s and rear locker get installed, I know what is next on my list , now.....

post #16 of 16 Old 03-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Granite Guru

http://www.genright.com/ZoomImage.as...ductID=TFF8720

See pic 8.

It doesn't look bad, but it looks better with contrasting colors.

Todd
First Jeep the govt hasn't owned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode