Quoted $400 labor (4 hrs) TeraFlex spacer lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Quoted $400 labor (4 hrs) TeraFlex spacer lift

Called a Stockton, Ca store for a quote on the teraflex 2 inch 1 inch poly spacer kit with sway bar extensions and was told the following :

4 hrs labor @ $100.00 per hour
Realignment required $150.00
Product: $170.00

Thats almost $900.00 to correct the rake?
Bwahahahaha..

Be careful of these guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Sorry.. Store is :
4wd parts Stockton Ca
post #3 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 12:28 PM
Granite Guru

With all the stuff like that I've done for free I could a retired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

That's insane. I thought about going with a spacer lift with gears/front locker/tires, but I'm almost afraid of what they'd charge. Guess it was for a good reason. I'll just do it all myself (outside the locker/gears unless someone wants to help (supervise) who knows what they're doing)

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #5 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I should have known better... They quoted 350 for bumper and skid install. Did it myself.. Winch was $350. Maybe they think this is a rich man's hobby. Perhaps I'll buy the winch and just forgo the lift for awhile.. Its sounding a tad unrealistic at the moment.

Ton of shit, and not listing it all..
post #6 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 01:34 PM
JKO Addict!

4WD/4 Wheel Parts stores are bound to rip you off. You can do it in your driveway with YouTube and a floor jack. Don't be scared by it, it's a simple platform that's easy to take apart and put back together. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #7 of 22 Old 02-27-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I might have to. It's too bad we can't all coordinate our efforts/skill set. I guess I'll bust it out... AFTER the winch..
??
post #8 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

I don't know if TF has the instructions in a PDF on their website, but I know Quadratec has them. Go online and download the instructions. Read through them a couple of times, and you'll see it's a pretty simple install.

Damn sure not worth paying $400 for...

Chase

2013 Billet Silver JKU Sport S, 6-Speed, TF Leveling Kit, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, 285/70R17 Firestone Destination M/Ts on OEM Sport wheels.
post #9 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Rock God

Tier, check out "the 4x4 shop" in Livermore, I believe Joe is the owner, nice guy and they should not rip you off. The spacer install is freaking easy and with 2 inches I do not see major alignment issues. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 09:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

$170 realignment? Really?! There's nothing that needs to be aligned after this kit. Check with Rebel Offroad for a price on this install.

801-713-3314
post #11 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 10:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
$170 realignment? Really?! There's nothing that needs to be aligned after this kit. Check with Rebel Offroad for a price on this install.
$170 to adjust the drag link. Hold shit!

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #12 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Granite Guru

I had a 2 inch spacer kit installed at a local mechanic shop. He did the install (including little details like extending the axle breather tubes) for 80$. He checked the alignment but it didn't need anything.
post #13 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 PM

I just did the Daystar 1.75" spacer install on my jk this weekend. A floor jack, two safety stands and some metric wrenches is all you need. It's really not a bad install. This is my first jeep and first spacer install of any kind and it really was not that hard. With my kit which included a sway bar spacer it took me roughly 3 hours. No tracking issues, didn't even have to readjust the steering wheel. I'm just ok with tinkering on cars, mostly work on my Harley so if I can do it just about anyone can...lol....The quote I got for the install almost scared me off of buying the kit as well, glad I decided to give it a try. Good luck with whatever you decide.
post #14 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I put it on the back burner... Just not worth it yet. Moving to a winch now. I expected maybe $200 at the most.. And nobody specializes in Jeep stuff in the valley. ?
post #15 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Rock God

Tierhog, I sent you a PM.

2015 JK Unlimited Anvil
SOLD -2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon Deep Water Blue
1987 YJ Stretched 60/14 40" LTB's
post #16 of 22 Old 02-29-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks everyone, you've given me great info. I intend to use it. Have alot of plans for my Jeep, just need to get comfortable with local shops again..
post #17 of 22 Old 03-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierhog View Post
Called a Stockton, Ca store for a quote on the teraflex 2 inch 1 inch poly spacer kit with sway bar extensions and was told the following :

4 hrs labor @ $100.00 per hour
Realignment required $150.00
Product: $170.00

Thats almost $900.00 to correct the rake?
Bwahahahaha..

Be careful of these guys...
$170 in product - this the BB lift itself? Because that's roughly what I paid 6 years ago when I had my BB installed on my 07. It's also why this time around I waited almost 2 years before finally having the coin to put a 3.5" Metal Cloak lift on. Figured since I'm paying for the install to only do it once. The install there was around $1200 after the alignment.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #18 of 22 Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

For me, the JKU is a different animal than the TJ. It's our DD and long haul rig, so I have to keep its road manners in check. The benefit of this lift is that with new flat Fenders I can push up to 35s. That's plenty.

The manager has taken an active interest in this project and stated that the labor was
incorrect. Additionally the alignment was supposed to be a recommendation, not a requirement and much more reasonable $$.

I'm dealing with him directly now and things appear more realistic. I'll keep everyone up to date and take some pics. Heck.. I might even get the winch in before summer!
post #19 of 22 Old 03-01-2016, 09:20 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd rather put a set of springs in than spacers.... Springs have to come out anyway. More flex and maybe a better ride. Just my .02

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #20 of 22 Old 03-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Wheeler

Garage
Thats a ton of money from 4wp!

I vote DIY!

15 JKUHR 37's, RE Long arm, Metalcloak 4.5 springs, Fox shocks, Mopar beadlocks.... Etc....
post #21 of 22 Old 03-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Rock God

Garage

That's a lot of money for 45min of work and $75 worth of parts.

post #22 of 22 Old 03-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierhog View Post
For me, the JKU is a different animal than the TJ. It's our DD and long haul rig, so I have to keep its road manners in check. The benefit of this lift is that with new flat Fenders I can push up to 35s. That's plenty.

The manager has taken an active interest in this project and stated that the labor was
incorrect. Additionally the alignment was supposed to be a recommendation, not a requirement and much more reasonable $$.

I'm dealing with him directly now and things appear more realistic. I'll keep everyone up to date and take some pics. Heck.. I might even get the winch in before summer!
The only active interest the manager has is in deflecting the negative press.
You really want to do this install yourself, for free. There is nothing difficult, and you will learn from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode