Seeking some final advice - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Seeking some final advice

Alright so Iíve got an automatic 2013 2 door sport and Iím looking to start my build.. itís my daily driver and sees some moderate wheeling about 2-3 times a month (sand dunes, mountain sides and desert trails) . It will be a somewhat budget friendly build but at the same time I donít want to cheap out and hate what I buy, and no spacer lift. My budget right now is about $1000 max for suspension but if I could stay under that'd be great. I currently have 285/70r17 bfg at and plan on moving up to 35ís and bumpers. A 2.5 Ė 3.5" suspension is the goal and from my researching Iím under the impression that a kit should include at minimum (coils, bump stops, longer shocks, extended brake lines/relocation brackets, swaybar end links, adj. front track bar and axle side rear track bar bracket) and optimally should have adjustable arms (front lowers and rear uppers).

My choices are:
DV8 3.5" Rock Runner
Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod
Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex
Rancho 3" Trail
Rancho 3" Sport
Rough Country 3.5"
Teraflex 2.5"

Last edited by TxJK_Watson; 05-04-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Rock God

For a 2 Door I would go with 2 1/2 for 35's. Of the choices you gave I would go Rock Krawler Just because I know several guys on RK lifts and they are a good functional product.

'11 JKUR, 3" Full-Traction w/5100's, 37x17 Trail Graps on Slabs, 10 Fact Axles, Adams front DS, TF44 front, PSC Hydro Assist. Home made sliders, bumpers, tire carrier. Warn XD9000i w/Smitty Synth line.
post #3 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Rock God

Of those suspension choices, I would go RK Flex. Therefore you are at least getting the lower front control arms. Usually you can get a bundle and get shocks within the price range you are looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 12:19 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I agree with the other guys. A Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System will be PERFECT for what you're trying to do and you'll be right around the budget.

Check out the package deals on our site and if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout or send a PM. I have built three two doors from mild to wild and can help you make a decision based on experience.

Welcome to JKO! Sweet Jeep!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 01:16 PM
Rock God

The only one on that list that I would immediately stop looking at is the Rough Country 3.5" one. Two of my friends have it, and both have experienced a lot of sag and the ride is brutal.

You usually hear a lot of good things about Teraflex, and I have several friends that are running RK suspensions and they love them. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those companies. Just do your research and figure out which one will give you the most bang for buck and get you what you're looking for.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #6 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Granite Guru

Throw out rancho and rough country. Both are complete crap. RC will need to be replaced in a year (mine didn't make it that long).

2014 Billet Silver 2-Door Sport on 37's with a bunch of other expensive chit
Cutts Crew
post #7 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was leaning towards the rock krawler products, I was only second guessing them since I would still need to purchase bump stops and shocks which would put me over the budget.

Does anyone have any experience with the DV8 suspesion? I couldn't find anything on them other than their fender liners and bumpers
post #8 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJK_Watson View Post
I was leaning towards the rock krawler products, I was only second guessing them since I would still need to purchase bump stops and shocks which would put me over the budget.
Get shock extensions until you can pick up some on sale or off the buy n sell. Because unless you're anal about the ride, odds are those should be fine.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #9 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Get shock extensions until you can pick up some on sale or off the buy n sell. Because unless you're anal about the ride, odds are those should be fine.
Not too picky, I drive maybe 10 miles a day to and from work and it's all city driving
post #10 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 04:28 PM
JKO Addict!

RK flex .. NR, KRAWL, AOR, RCO all sell RK lift packages which include shocks and stops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #11 of 20 Old 02-24-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
RK flex .. NR, KRAWL, AOR, RCO all sell RK lift packages which include shocks and stops.

RK is definitely one of my top choices, it's just a matter of convincing myself to spend that amount
post #12 of 20 Old 02-25-2016, 05:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:

Does anyone have any experience with the DV8 suspesion? I couldn't find anything on them other than their fender liners and bumpers
Do the Rock Krawler stock Mod with shocks and bumpstops and add the other parts later so you can stay in your budget right now, let me know I can put a package together for you

This is what a 2.5 Rock Krawler looks like on 37s and A LOT of bumpstop

https://www.instagram.com/p/4KGk-NOO...agemotorsports

I found a 2.5 Rock Krawler with 35s we did a while back as well, customer was really happy with it and he added the arms (Synergy) later and brake lines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/24t7D5uO...agemotorsports

Call or Text Me - 305-609-4747
post #13 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm pretty dead set on ordering the 2.5 Rock Krawler Flex but I keep gettting sidetracked by the 2.5 Rubicon Express, OME 2.5 and Rough Country 3.5
post #14 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 11:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I'm pretty dead set on ordering the 2.5 Rock Krawler Flex but I keep gettting sidetracked by crappy other kits

Fixed

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #15 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Gib
Rock God

Quote:
Fixed

Has OME fallen to the depths of being considered a crappy lift now? They used to get high praise for their dialed in springs and shocks on previous Jeeps.
post #16 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Rock God

I have OME original shocks and their light load coils. It's ok, but definitely jarring in a few areas. I have all new control arms/trackbars (MetalCloak) and I do not relate the jarring to these items.

On my short list is new coils and shocks, either match coils with the rest of the suspension (MC) or RK triple rate.
post #17 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Fixed

Well that was cut and dry haha I just have one question, are they really that crappy for a Jeep that will be 90% on road 10% off road?
post #18 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 PM
JKO Addict!

It was mainly a joke, get whatever you want

post #19 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Rock God

If/when I redo mine, I'm going to use the Rock Krawler kit. I have a JKU and I put the 2.5" springs on it. The ride is awesome, but the the rear springs are already compressing to the point where its visibly noticeable that the back is lower than the front. I installed them last year in March.
post #20 of 20 Old 03-02-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
It was mainly a joke, get whatever you want

Yeah I laughed a bit when I read it lol I'm just having a tough time making a final decision because my ocd keeps kicking in and trying to find out what I actually need for a 2.5-3 inch lift since I always read something different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode