The dreaded "Ding" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The dreaded "Ding"

Was out in a local state game lands today, puttin along in low range on some of their trails, and every once in awhile, I would get a "ding", but no lights. I know this normally occurs when the transmission overheats, but my tranny temp never seemed to go above 215* (yes, I know, I need a cooler) according to my Aerotech scan gauge. I also used it to check for the overheating code, and there were no stored codes. My temp. never dropped below 192* until we hit the open road on the way home. Will it do this if you sustain a high temp for to long? Or could it be something with the ESP since it automatically switches off for the most part when you put it in low range? I can't recall if it did it only in low or in high also. I lost track of how many times it did it after 6.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

I too have had my jeep ding every now and again off road. I do not even pay attention to it with all the sensors (i dont wheel with doors or wheel sensors) so who knows why that thing is always dinging.

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I was just concerned, cause I've driven these trails before, in hotter weather, and never had this happen.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Rock God

The 4door Auto seems to have the problem a bit more than the 2door. I experience it everytime I spend an extended length of time going up hill on a trail. I found that running in 4Low solved the problem...

You can check your computer codes, by doing the following:

1. Close all doors and insert your key in the ignition
2. Turn the key - up to the point BEFORE starting the engine - three times in a row
3. Your odometer will display any codes (if no codes, then it displays DONE)

Lastly, always check your tranny fluid if you hear the ding.

Dirty Minion #6
post #5 of 7 Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I can't get the code thing with the key to work. I turn it to the run position, and then off 3 times, and it keeps showing my odometer like normal.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Granite Guru

I've had an occasional "ding" and found it to be a TPMS glitch. I can't get it to reproduce on-demand so I've learned to live with it.

Safety fast,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get to know
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Granite Guru

Make sure your rear gate is shutting tight.

Also check to make sure your rear tire or bumper system is not causing the rear gate move over bumps.

Otherwise who knows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode