LED Headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

LED Headlights

I'm thinking of installing LED Headlights by Truck-Lite. Has anyone installed a set and what do you think of them?

2009 Jeep Jk 4dr
4" Lift / 33's / 4:88's
Tuned Exhaust / Super Chipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by #JeepHiking View Post
I'm thinking of installing LED Headlights by Truck-Lite. Has anyone installed a set and what do you think of them?
Lots of folks -- me not included. Search is your friend.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-20-2016, 12:53 PM
JKowners Vendor

Get the sealed 7s from TRS much better light output
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-20-2016, 01:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My son has the Truck Lights in his Jeep. He like them, he likes my JW Speaker J series lights better.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have no first-hand experience on my own rig, but a guy in our 4x4 club has the KC LEDs and they're the bomb.

Search on USMCDoc14 (user name) and you'll find a headlight shootout he did a few years back. {Spoiler alert!} The JW Speakers were the more even light pattern and overall winner. Of course, we have more LED options available to us now, but I'm pretty confident that quality and cost will be directly proportional. The very reason I don't have LEDs yet is that I had been holding out for the JW Speakers, but haven't been able to bring myself to cough up that kind of money on headlights. I have to admit, that I'm very tempted to spring for some of the Chinese knockoffs on ebay and just see how they are. Some are pretty reasonable.

If you go that route, just be sure the ones you get are DOT approved. Most aren't, and some of them will show a picture of a TruckLite or a JW Speaker mixed in with their own shots, so look for the DOT certification statement somewhere in the text of the listing.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #6 of 14 Old 02-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
ISearch on USMCDoc14 (user name) and you'll find a headlight shootout he did a few years back.
LINK to Headlight Shootout: --> https://www.jkowners.com/tech/lights/

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #7 of 14 Old 02-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have Trucklites and love them. They're a million times better than the OEM lights. I also have Rigid's DOT compliant fogs and they fill in the area just in front of my Jeep nicely. The Trucklites ice up in the snow quickly unless you get the heated version, I live in South Carolina, so I just have a pair of driving beam HIDs for the rare occasion that I go up north. I have my KC LED spots on in the picture, so it kind of skews the beam, but it's the only good picture I have.
Attached Images

2013 Commando Green JK - Sold

2014 Suzuki DR-Z400SM - 2001 Honda XR100R StockMoto Race Bike
Ohio Mini Roadracing League #201 - University of Akron Formula SAE - Zips Racing
post #8 of 14 Old 02-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Wheeler

I got a pair from Seward offroad and Im disappointed in them. Light pattern sucks, basically just a flood light and the high beam is a bright flood light. The highbeams don't throw light very far ahead at all. I guess you get what you pay for.

I plan on selling them and getting trucklite after I get my tax money in, but I will do some more research about the KC lights and the sealed 7s spoken about above
post #9 of 14 Old 02-22-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the feed back!

2009 Jeep Jk 4dr
4" Lift / 33's / 4:88's
Tuned Exhaust / Super Chipped
post #10 of 14 Old 02-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Wheeler

x2 on the KC. Similar price, much better spread. JW is the winner, but a couple hundred more.
post #11 of 14 Old 02-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Granite Guru

Trucklight does not make them anymore, they were bought out by Rigid, which the style changed slightly and price went up.
I just got the new jw speaker 8700 j series and they are super nice. now would be a good time to buy the older trucklight and jw speaker models if can find them they should be cheap.

2014 jk oscar mike edition. Manual. 3.5" Rubicon super flex suspension lift. 35" AT tires 17" method rims. Body armor doors. Smitty built MOD front bumper. Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, ARB twin compressor, Spod with gauge, D2 LED's.
post #12 of 14 Old 02-23-2016, 09:17 AM
Gib
Rock God

I'm afraid you have that backwards. Trucklite bought Rigid

http://www.rigidindustries.com/trucklite

Both Trucklite, and JW Speaker have been making tractor trailer lights for years. Both are good companies, both make good headlights.
post #13 of 14 Old 02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Anyone try the quadratec LED headlights?
post #14 of 14 Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by #JeepHiking View Post
I've run both those and the JWspeaker EVO2s. TLs have a better beam pattern (less/no upward light) and better high beams. JWspeakers have a much better lowbeam.

You'll be very happy with the TLs.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode