Lightbar vs carwash - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lightbar vs carwash

Has anyone gone through the car wash with their windshield lightbar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Rock God

It ur talking about those auotmated car wash.
Id make sure the light bar is tight or brushes will knock the alignment off. Also the heatsinks will trap a lot of water which will leak down onto the windshield when u leave
post #3 of 4 Old 01-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

the last time I went thru an automatic car wash it was with my old 35s STTs spare on the back & about 5 cars after me waiting; I broke the autowash because of the overhead arm and the spare on extension MRBP bracket and the Pakistani owner came out screaming at me with soap suds all over the JKU having just driven it out of the thing to tell him it wasn't working and angry customers asking him all about getting their money back; my biggest concern was making it to the spray yourself wash about 1/2 mile away to get the quickly drying soap off my black JKU so I was flying thru traffic with suds flying everywhere and that backed up line of angry cars back at the station I left in my review mirror....wash it yourself with a brush, squeegee, chamois and a power sprayer worth the price ( many suck or are broken) and a bucket. I do that now because of the aftermarket stuff that can be knocked-off or no longer fits in the auto bays made for little cars, not big Jeeps......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkraptorblk View Post
Has anyone gone through the car wash with their windshield lightbar?
Yes. Pay attention to the other responses, as damage is always a potential, and the carwash is not going to care whether your junk is damaged, but will scream bloody murder if you damage theirs. The only automated wash I use is one of those tunnel washes that has people working it. So if there's going to be a mechanical hazard to their stuff and they accept the rig, the damage is on them. But this is a place I've done a lot of business and they know me, so unless it's someone new, they know we've already had the conversation about, "We're not liable blah, blah, blah." Honestly, for the most part, if a carwash can damage it, it doesn't belong on my Jeep.

On the other hand, I have had to reset my light bar aim, and also had to replace a windshield wiper after going through that wash. They agreed to replace the wiper, but by the time I got around to going back with the receipt it had been so long I didn't have the brass to ask them to pay for it. Not that big a deal, and probably needed replaced anyway. Again, if a carwash can break it . . . If I had to guess, I'd say they probably left it sticking up after their preliminary scrub on the windshield. Can't see it doing what it did any other way.

Just go in with your eyes open, or don't go in at all.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode