MOPAR Mirror Relocation Bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

MOPAR Mirror Relocation Bracket

anyone using these. thoughts?

2012 JK Sport. 2.5 AEV lift, 315/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on Black Rock D's. 4.88 gears, Expedition One rear bumper, Barricade trail force front bumper, Superwich Tiger Shark 9500# winch, bestop trektop nx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Rock God

They suck. The passenger side bracket puts the mirror behind the A pillar so you cant see out the passenger side mirror w/o having to lean way over in your seat.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How far back do you have your drivers seat. Mine is pretty much all the way back. With a little bit of recline. Just wondering cause I know seat position has alot to do with viewing angles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Granite Guru

That seems like a problem with all these brackets. I have the Warrior units, and while they are very well made, they have the same issue.

And like all the other, they won't work with hard doors, when the time comes to out them back on.

Long story short. Pick your favorite brackets and embrace the suck.

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
post #5 of 8 Old 01-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKDailey4 View Post
They suck. The passenger side bracket puts the mirror behind the A pillar so you cant see out the passenger side mirror w/o having to lean way over in your seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-OR View Post
That seems like a problem with all these brackets. I have the Warrior units, and while they are very well made, they have the same issue.

And like all the other, they won't work with hard doors, when the time comes to out them back on.

Long story short. Pick your favorite brackets and embrace the suck.
what they said. i have them and "embrace the suck" is 100% correct.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Granite Guru

i have the rugged ridge brackets which look to be identical to the mopar ones, and yes there is very little visibility out of the passenger side mirror. i keep reminding myself that a lot of older vehicles didn't even have passenger side mirrors and their drivers survived just fine.

i was thinking about modifying the brackets so they mount on the second set of bolts that are a little higher up on the window frame, which would increase visibility with the doors on.

with the doors off they are great. and i try to keep my doors off as much as possible so i can't really complain...

funny story about how the rugged ridge brackets saved my vacation and my marriage... in the summer of 2014 i had my jeep topless with smittybilt tube doors (which have their own mirror brackets). we were packing one evening for a weeklong trip to san diego. my wife asks me when i'm going to put the top and doors on... i said there was no way i was going to drive around san diego with a hardtop and doors, but she said there was no way she is driving down highway 5 for 8 hours in a topless jeep and threatened to take the minivan instead. i couldn't figure out a way to jam the tube doors in the jeep with all our luggage, so i scrambled onto amazon and bought the rugged ridge mirror brackets with prime shipping and had them mailed to the house we were renting in san diego. i put the top and doors on the jeep for the drive down I5, and then immediately took off the top when we arrived in SD and left it in the driveway of the house. the following day the mirror brackets showed up at the house and i removed the doors and chained them to a palm tree in the front courtyard of the house.

Last edited by boopiejones; 01-14-2016 at 09:26 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Wheeler

I have relocation brackets from quadratec a little more expensive but they put the mirror in same location it would be if it was attached to the door. They work great.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Wheeler

I use one driver side mirror from a Harley, nothing on the passenger side. No vibration, very simple.

Last edited by 4W_Jive; 01-15-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode