shoe me your trampstamp - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 01-01-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews
shoe me your trampstamp

I just removed my big, heavy tire carrier and I want to cover up the vent and the bolt holes on back. I've seen the Poison Spyder trampstamp and the JCR with the can carriers.

Just want to see what else is out there... This isn't an easy thing to research since it doesn't really have a standard name for it. I Googled trampstamp, and while it was hours of amusement it didn't really help

So show me what you got, even if you made it yourself...
Ronson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 05:03 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,979
Feedback: 8 reviews

This was made by a shop in California. They can do whatever design (pretty much). http://roughneckoffroad.com/CNC_Plasma.php Just took another piece of steel and painted it and put it behind it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is online now  
post #3 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,806
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
I just removed my big, heavy tire carrier and I want to cover up the vent and the bolt holes on back. I've seen the Poison Spyder trampstamp and the JCR with the can carriers.

Just want to see what else is out there... This isn't an easy thing to research since it doesn't really have a standard name for it. I Googled trampstamp, and while it was hours of amusement it didn't really help

So show me what you got, even if you made it yourself..
.

TNT Customs


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews


I got Vegas Vic for my 55 Buick but I sold it... He wouldn't last long hanging out here!

Tnt for the win(so far)...

That is pretty much what I was looking for.

The ACE gatekeeper has potential but it is just too busy for me.
I wanted a place to mount a backup camera but now that the tire is inside I can see fine.
Ronson is offline  
post #5 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Wheeler
 
Axemistacampo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 40
Posts: 92
Feedback: 0 reviews

I went with the Genright stamp. I figured it'd be the only parts from them I could ever afford so why not pull the trigger on somethin' fancy! HAHA! The quality and finish is what you'd expect and of course aluminum.

The only issue I have and one you might want to consider is if the inside of your rig is sealed tight (hardtop) and the stamp fits tight against that vent, you might get a whistle inside your cabin when you run the AC etc. I have also found that with that vent being essentially closed off, the climate control stuff doesn't "flow" as well. I have to crack a window to get that ventilation back. Is it a deal breaker? Nah... Just a suggestion.

Sorry I don't have any pics to post but their website pics were enough to sell me on it. They also include an aluminum tab to fill the hole left by relocating your plate but since it's just a bent tab, I have no clue how they want you to fasten it to the opening. I just went with the Mopar piece of plastic.
Axemistacampo is offline  
post #6 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axemistacampo View Post
I went with the Genright stamp. I figured it'd be the only parts from them I could ever afford so why not pull the trigger on somethin' fancy! HAHA! The quality and finish is what you'd expect and of course aluminum.

The only issue I have and one you might want to consider is if the inside of your rig is sealed tight (hardtop) and the stamp fits tight against that vent, you might get a whistle inside your cabin when you run the AC etc. I have also found that with that vent being essentially closed off, the climate control stuff doesn't "flow" as well. I have to crack a window to get that ventilation back. Is it a deal breaker? Nah... Just a suggestion.

Sorry I don't have any pics to post but their website pics were enough to sell me on it. They also include an aluminum tab to fill the hole left by relocating your plate but since it's just a bent tab, I have no clue how they want you to fasten it to the opening. I just went with the Mopar piece of plastic.
Didn't know Genright made one...
I just checked it out. I see they have a louvered plate option that would alleviate the problem you mentioned.

I doubt I will ever take my hardtop off for more than a weekend so that is something for me to consider and I want to put my license plate where the louvers go.

My biggest problem with Poison Spyder, Genright and others is that I hate to pay for a product with a huge logo on it. I know I'm weird... the TNT shows a small logo in some pics and none in others.

I think I'm gonna see my bodyshop friend and get a price to fill and paint all the holes in the tailgate and the body. I have a few extra from the OR-FAB tire carrier that was on it.

I will also price corners and paint and do whatever seems best.
I thought about making it completely flat but that would just bring attention to the ugly hinges...
Ronson is offline  
post #7 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 11:37 AM
JKO Addict!
 
White13JKUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 2,991
Feedback: 0 reviews

I went with just the Poison Spyder license plate holder and left the raised, painted area of the tailgate alone but may just use black paint to black it out since nobody makes a tramp stamp sans a logo:

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Lice...-04-012-02.htm

I have the teraflex hinge so used some short black nylon tubes that I found at the hardware store to raise the license plate mount enough to clear the hinge on the passenger side of the mount.
White13JKUR is offline  
post #8 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
I went with just the Poison Spyder license plate holder and left the raised, painted area of the tailgate alone but may just use black paint to black it out since nobody makes a tramp stamp sans a logo:

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Lice...-04-012-02.htm

I have the teraflex hinge so used some short black nylon tubes that I found at the hardware store to raise the license plate mount enough to clear the hinge on the passenger side of the mount.
That is a nice, clean solution.

I checked out your build thread (none of the pics worked but it could be my phone). I might have some questions for you soon...

I will be going from AEV to... something else too. I'm sure I will need some advice.
Ronson is offline  
post #9 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!
 
White13JKUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 2,991
Feedback: 0 reviews

Here you go. I painted the bolts with white jeep touchup paint. Jeep hard top touch up paint is near perfect match to the teraflex hinge for scratch touch up and bolt paint.

I had some clear touch up from my white bmw with a GETRAG manual trans so I figured that makes it compatible and used that on the white bolts as well. I just used white nylon washers between the bolts and the body.

I tried spray painting the black plastic hole plugs. They look good for about two days before someone touches the plastic an cracks the paint. Just left them black.




Last edited by White13JKUR; 01-02-2016 at 04:06 PM.
White13JKUR is offline  
post #10 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Wheeler
 
pdanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: north carolina
Posts: 34
Feedback: 1 reviews

Mine is from swag....I used their brake/run light too.
Attached Images
 
pdanna is offline  
post #11 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 768
Feedback: 1 reviews

Poison Spyder with their plateholder and brake/plate light combo. I also painted the tailgate hinge covers, ps plate plug, some plugs for the tire bumper holes, and rollbars with a spray can of mopar touch up paint from Quadratec...





Last edited by Biginboca; 01-02-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Biginboca is offline  
post #12 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,806
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

lotsa work and effort displayed in all of these creative 'dat @ss' modifications on JKs. ; purty cool, guys....all of them......havin a black 4 door, it never dawned on me to desire body colored hinge plates and the bumper plug holes, etc....cool stuff........jkowners is awesome.......


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #13 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Age: 39
Posts: 339
Feedback: 0 reviews

PDANNA, what rear bumper is that?

Is that the stock hitch?
Mtljeep is offline  
post #14 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Wheeler
 
pdanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: north carolina
Posts: 34
Feedback: 1 reviews

Crawler conceptz. It has everything Iwas lookin for...integrated hitch, simple, no tire carrier and shackle tabs. It comes raw, I painted it along with the swag plates, misc plugs, tag delete plug and I did the pinch seam in black.
pdanna is offline  
post #15 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 09:22 PM
JKO Addict!
 
White13JKUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Danville, CA
Posts: 2,991
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdanna View Post
Crawler conceptz. It has everything Iwas lookin for...integrated hitch, simple, no tire carrier and shackle tabs. It comes raw, I painted it along with the swag plates, misc plugs, tag delete plug and I did the pinch seam in black.
Do you trim the back end of the frame off and half of the cross bar like with the PS BFH bumper? They do look similar. The hitch is nice.
White13JKUR is offline  
post #16 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Wheeler
 
pdanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: north carolina
Posts: 34
Feedback: 1 reviews

They are similar, its my understanding that he used to work at PS. I did cut out the cross member and trim back the frame rails. Its pretty straightforward, everything bolted in perfectly
pdanna is offline  
post #17 of 51 Old 01-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Research, bro!
 
RRauzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,219
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Vector Offroad. Got it primarily for the L bracket to mount light, rear gopro, etc off of it.


"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A proud part of the Cutts!
RRauzer is offline  
post #18 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN
 
Apt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Windsor, ON
Age: 47
Posts: 4,254
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Made my own
Attached Images
 
Apt is offline  
post #19 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

Thanks for all the ideas!

This looks good but not a fan of the tail lights...


This looks great!
Ronson is offline  
post #20 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

I
Looks awesome! Where did you get the handle insert? Does it get hot in the summer?

That bumper was on my short list. It was down to that one, the Savvy LHT, and VKS Fab. I got the VKS because I wanted a reciever and I like how he made it fit flush.
I'm tempted to color match everything too but I'm pretty hard on my stuff. I might have to get an extra gallon of paint for touch up. ..
Ronson is offline  
post #21 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 49
Posts: 48
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

TNT Customs
I've got this same one and its by far the nicest one. Can get it in steel or aluminum too!
cooterman is offline  
post #22 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooterman View Post
I've got this same one and its by far the nicest one. Can get it in steel or aluminum too!
I just ordered that one!

As much as I like the smoothed out look there will be more than enough money/work for the bodyshop with my 63 Nova project and I just want to get this Jeep stuff done.
Ronson is offline  
post #23 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,806
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdanna View Post
They are similar, its my understanding that he used to work at PS. I did cut out the cross member and trim back the frame rails. Its pretty straightforward, everything bolted in perfectly
I,too, heard that CrawlerConceptz dude worked for PS ; all I know is they are making some of the tightest looking stuff for JK/JKUs going these days. I am acquiring their rear corner armor soon.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #24 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
 
j3ff3ry_j33p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,806
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooterman View Post
I've got this same one and its by far the nicest one. Can get it in steel or aluminum too!
yup; the Aluminum with built-in CB antennae mount and used with the PS plate lighting kit was a win. Marcus at River City Offroad hooked me up on that .....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
j3ff3ry_j33p is offline  
post #25 of 51 Old 01-03-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Ronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boulder City Nevada
Posts: 377
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
yup; the Aluminum with built-in CB antennae mount and used with the PS plate lighting kit was a win. Marcus at River City Offroad hooked me up on that .....
Dang it! I didn't know he carried these or I would have gone through him...
Ronson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome