Front lock error - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Front lock error

Hi,
this is the second post about my new, used 2012 JKU rubicon. I have had issues with the suspension that I'm dealing with in another post. But I also yesterday got a Front Lock error multiple times at high speed on the highway.
I had seen it flash a few times before but could not see what it was as I didn't have my glasses on. The error did not occur until after maybe an hour of driving, but when it started it would blink multiple times and maybe stop for five minutes then start again. Seems it happened less at speeds below 70.
Long story short; I bought this vehicle from Savannah GA Jeep / AutoNation. When I told AutoNation I had a steering problem, they suggested I take it to a Jeep dealer here in FL where I live as it's under 2 month warranty which will be up in about two weeks. The local Jeep dealer in Ocala told me I have all stock suspension parts when I asked about it and we were staring at it while on the lift. I came to find out through this forum and another that I have a cheap Zone spring lift kit installed. It is very obvious once you know what the parts look like. So, I can only come to the conclusion that Philips Chrysler Jeep of Ocala is in cahoots with Savannah Jeep/AutoNation to not report to me honestly if there are problems with my soon to be out of warranty vehicle. Apparently the fox is watching the hen house. That whole issue I think is going to end up in a BBB report. Not much else I can do about it apparently.
I'm taking the vehicle to my local mechanic today or tomorrow to check the suspension again. Any suggestions about the Front Lock error? btw; the error was the word "Front" and the picture or icon of a lock in yellow.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Rock God

Does the front locker work correctly in 4Lo?? Locks up as it should, unlocks as it should??
post #3 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleophile View Post
Does the front locker work correctly in 4Lo?? Locks up as it should, unlocks as it should??
Not sure. I'm going to find out later today. Taking the vehicle to my local mechanic.
thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
My mechanic didn't get time to look at lockers. But we found that
the automatic sway bar disconnect doesn't work. When I hit the button it just flashes. Any common problems to look for?

I'm not sure how to check if the lockers work anyway. How would I know?
post #5 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I just drove it around out back and the lights come on solid ok. The front locker light flashed for quite a bit before turning solid. The right locker light was solid until I turned both off and the right starting blinking and didn't stop blinking til I moved forward some. I assume that's normal.

The sway bar disconnect light stays solid when I engage it in 4WD, but not 2WD. Apparently it won't engaged in 2WD. Does that sound correct?
post #6 of 7 Old 12-28-2015, 01:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_jeep View Post
I just drove it around out back and the lights come on solid ok. The front locker light flashed for quite a bit before turning solid. The right locker light was solid until I turned both off and the right starting blinking and didn't stop blinking til I moved forward some. I assume that's normal.

The sway bar disconnect light stays solid when I engage it in 4WD, but not 2WD. Apparently it won't engaged in 2WD. Does that sound correct?
That's correct. The e-disco will not disconnect in 2wd.

What you describe in the locker paragraph is normal.

Sometimes the lockers take longer to engage and disengage. Moving, and making slight left and right turns will help it along.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #7 of 7 Old 12-29-2015, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
That's correct. The e-disco will not disconnect in 2wd.

What you describe in the locker paragraph is normal.

Sometimes the lockers take longer to engage and disengage. Moving, and making slight left and right turns will help it along.
Thanks for the confirmation.I just need to find out now why the Front locker light comes on while driving on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode