Warn Zeon 10-S Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-04-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Warn Zeon 10-S Install

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for any info on what parts are needed and how to install a Warn Zeon 10-S winch into the front bumper of a 2016 Hard Rock. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-04-2015, 06:58 PM
TJT
Rock God

Unless your Hard Rock came with a winch plate you're going to need to buy one. Or, you can buy an aftermarket bumper for it.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Wheeler

This site should have what you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Wheeler

Your Hard Rock bumper can house the winch. You can go with the Mopar winch plate or check out the options on Maximus-3 and Rubitrux websites
post #5 of 10 Old 12-11-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I got in contact with Marcus Rose at River City Offroad and he hocked me up with everything I need at a great price.

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/
post #6 of 10 Old 12-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Wheeler

I went with the Maximus-3 kit. I have the same Zeon-10 winch, but with synthetic line, there are two additional holes to drill. Their license plate cover is a great option. It covers the fairlead and looks almost stock. Two thumb screws, and your plate is off, and the fairlead is exposed.
Kronos
post #7 of 10 Old 01-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
I went with the Maximus-3 kit. I have the same Zeon-10 winch, but with synthetic line, there are two additional holes to drill. Their license plate cover is a great option. It covers the fairlead and looks almost stock. Two thumb screws, and your plate is off, and the fairlead is exposed.
Kronos
Are the additional holes due to using it with the Hard Rock bumper, or something specific to the Zeon? The 10s is on my winch short list, but I've not read anything about required drilling.

Follow Smokey's build, adventures & more:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 2009 JKX (3.8L, auto, 3.73)
285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs │ Level 8 Trackers │ Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit │ Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series F/R bumpers │ Poison Spyder hood louver │ Poison Spyder evap skid │ Teraflex sway bar disconnects │ Rigid D2 HLs │ GenSSi rock lights │ Cobra 75 WX ST │ Spiderweb Shade │ Some other stuff ...
post #8 of 10 Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Are the additional holes due to using it with the Hard Rock bumper, or something specific to the Zeon? The 10s is on my winch short list, but I've not read anything about required drilling.
Must be something particular to that bumper. The Zeon 10S uses a standard mounting pattern.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #9 of 10 Old 01-04-2016, 12:46 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Thanks again Steve!

Quote:
Kronos
Did you buy the Zeon specific setup from Maximus 3 Kronos?

post #10 of 10 Old 01-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
Must be something particular to that bumper. The Zeon 10S uses a standard mounting pattern.
That's my assumption, too, but you know what they say about assuming.

Follow Smokey's build, adventures & more:

Black 2009 JKX (3.8L, auto, 3.73)
285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs │ Level 8 Trackers │ Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit │ Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series F/R bumpers │ Poison Spyder hood louver │ Poison Spyder evap skid │ Teraflex sway bar disconnects │ Rigid D2 HLs │ GenSSi rock lights │ Cobra 75 WX ST │ Spiderweb Shade │ Some other stuff ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode