oscar mike questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

oscar mike questions

I have a 2011 wrangler unlimited Oscar mike edition. I have been told there were only 200 of them made then they started the freedom edition. my question is how do I know for sure I've got one of the 200 and what number of the 200 do I have if it is
any help would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Rock God

I own a 2011 JKUR I purchased new. Pretty sure there was no Oscar Mike in 2011 I remember reading about it coming out after I had my jeep for a while. I think the only special editions in 2011 were the COD ones?

What motor do you have? 3.6 or 3.8?
post #3 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

I called jeep themselves and they told me it was but im not 100% sure what it is
ive had several other folks tell me that it is but once again I have no idea
post #5 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 AM
Rock God

Okay I just did some research. Looks like a couple hundred made right at the end of the 2011 run, only a few months before the 2012 with the pentastar hit the showrooms. It doesn't say anything about them being uniquely numbered. Would be nice if you had the window sticker I guess, but I don't think you can expect added resale value or anything it's nothing special when you look at what the package added just a unique badge.

Last edited by Biginboca; 12-01-2015 at 05:43 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Gib
Rock God

The 2011 Oscar Mike package was only available to people who bought from the ENCS. Which is basically a way for members of the military to buy vehicles through the Post Exchange. It was limited, but I have no idea how many were built, or if there is anyway to track them.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Get a copy of your build sheet.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
Get a copy of your build sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
The 2011 Oscar Mike package was only available to people who bought from the ENCS. Which is basically a way for members of the military to buy vehicles through the Post Exchange. It was limited, but I have no idea how many were built, or if there is anyway to track them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Okay I just did some research. Looks like a couple hundred made right at the end of the 2011 run, only a few months before the 2012 with the pentastar hit the showrooms. It doesn't say anything about them being uniquely numbered. Would be nice if you had the window sticker I guess, but I don't think you can expect added resale value or anything it's nothing special when you look at what the package added just a unique badge.

I got a copy of the build sheet and it shows it a a Oscar Mike package. It was built in May of 2011. I just don't want to add or remove things from factory if this will turn out to be like the 64 1/2 mustangs from back in the day. So I guess that's my question if u had one of the 200 would you alter it??
post #9 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr3484 View Post
I got a copy of the build sheet and it shows it a a Oscar Mike package. It was built in May of 2011. I just don't want to add or remove things from factory if this will turn out to be like the 64 1/2 mustangs from back in the day. So I guess that's my question if u had one of the 200 would you alter it??
I would have zero hesitation about altering it if it were my rig.
post #10 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Granite Guru

based on the pic above, it doesn't look to have anything special that would get damaged during removal or could not be easily put back on. if you are concerned about it becoming a collectors item, i would suggest keeping all the parts you remove. that way if it turns out to be like the jeep version of a 64 1/2 mustang, your great grandchildren could find the parts in your garage in 2065 and convert it back to a stock oscar mike jeep.
post #11 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Zero hesitation here I would alter the hell out of it!
post #12 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Gib
Rock God

Sorry brother, but it isn't that much of a limited edition. And as many Wranglers as there are around with those exact same stickers.... I would just make it your own.
post #13 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry brother, but it isn't that much of a limited edition. And as many Wranglers as there are around with those exact same stickers.... I would just make it your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm36 View Post
Quote:
Zero hesitation here I would alter the hell out of it!

Thanx I just needed info from some of y'all that seem to know more about jeeps than me.
post #14 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 06:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
... if this will turn out to be like the 64 1/2 mustangs from back in the day.
Not gonna happen. Those were basically the first production Mustangs. The equivalent here might be the first civilian jeeps or perhaps a low production number first production JK.

Quote:
This. And it may not add any current value in terms of blue book or yellow book (NADA) values. Have not checked.
post #15 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Random Dude

IMHO, a special package is just a bunch of stickers and doodads, kinda' like this:

That looks cool, but feel free make your Jeep what you want. Don't archive it, drive it!
Attached Images

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #16 of 17 Old 12-01-2015, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

I'm glad y'all posted it kinda scared me to have something like a one of 200 deal cause I know me and I will never be able to keep it pristine. But I do feel more comfy with taking the jeep and making it my own thanks again
post #17 of 17 Old 12-02-2015, 01:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
IMHO, a special package is just a bunch of stickers and doodads, kinda' like this:

That looks cool, but feel free make your Jeep what you want. Don't archive it, drive it!
Special package = concocted by the marketing department as a new lipstick for the same old pig.

That particular picture reminds me of the time of time that we put a special sticker package on a base model pickup as an add loss leader. The sales manager had one of the pinstripe guys (they are always on a dealership lot) take the ugliest root beer brown base model new pickup truck on the lot and put even fuglier pinstriping on it. It was truly fugly and not unlike the pic that Ex posted. There was no charge for stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode