JK Soft Top Recomendations - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

JK Soft Top Recomendations

I have a 2006 TJ, and have read the reviews on the site, but a lot of them are from 2014 or before. I just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on the best bang for your buck top wise. I don't want to cheap out, but I also don't want to just pay for the brand name of best top.

I am up in the air between 3 tops at this point, Whats everyone's opinion.
I am leaning towards buying from extreme terrain or quadratec, unless someone is running a great cyber monday deal.

Quadratop premium sailcloth replacement top :
Pro's: 3 year warranty, and will replace the whole top if something goes wrong.
Cons: No real reviews on line.
Price: $399.00

Bestop Sailcloth Replace A Top:
Pro's: Best top great reviews OEM manufacturer
Cons: Higher Price.
Price: $579.00 for black diamond, minus $100 rebate, so $479.00 total

Rugged Ridge XHD Softtop:
Pro's: Price and some good reviews
Cons: Some reviews say very loud.
Price: $427.49

If anyone can help with this topic, I would really appreciate it. Thanks Jeepers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Actually, Extreme Terrain is running some cyber Monday deals (don't know about soft tops though). Code is CMONDAY.

I would also check Northridge 4x4. I know they're advertising some CM discounts.

But my first call would be to Marcus at River City Offroad. He is a major contributor to this forum, gives a discount to JKO members (I think a straight 10%), and he'll jump through hoops to get you what you need, when you need it.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Granite Guru

I had the Bestop sailcloth on my YJ for 7+ years (actually, new owner is still rockin it)

Very good top, very quiet, very durable...had it off & on hundreds of times, still fit like new when I sold the Jeep last year....only thing I ever did was lube the zippers & polish the scratches out of the windows.

I give it 2 thumbs up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Wheeler

To me, for something like a top, 3 years is too short of a warranty. I'd say go with the Sailcloth.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-02-2015, 02:10 AM
Granite Guru

I personally like the quality and craftsmanship of Bestop. Got mine from http://4wheelonline.com/jeep/Bestop.2447. Have this soft top for 5 years now, and zero issues so far. Worth the price.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Granite Guru

The only thing I will add is that Bestop's customer service is not the best if you have a problem with their product.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, and more to come...
post #7 of 9 Old 12-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Rock God

This is completely off topic . I had dealt with Asrock( a computer mother board maker) about 2 years ago the customer service experience was about the worst I have ever dealt with. Well their boards are pretty kick ass when they work. I recently had another product from them fail and this time I would rank the service I received up there with EVGA. So it is possible for Best top to turn around and do a 180.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I don't know about the others but the Bestop is great. Good products that last forever.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 9 Old 01-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Bestop Trektop NX, love it and the fastback look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode