Soft top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-27-2015, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Soft top

Hello everyone
im new to the page but i could use some help. My wife and i just bought a 2008 wrangler x 2dr and we are having a problem with the top leaking right at the doors i have removed the top and reinstalled it and its still leaking and its bad enough the floorboard is soaked is there any adjustments that can be made to the front latches and can someone with a soft top 08 or so post a video of how their top goes in the channel above the doors. Any help would be appreciated because i dont have a garage to park it it because of the lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftedx08 View Post
Hello everyone
im new to the page but i could use some help. My wife and i just bought a 2008 wrangler x 2dr and we are having a problem with the top leaking right at the doors i have removed the top and reinstalled it and its still leaking and its bad enough the floorboard is soaked is there any adjustments that can be made to the front latches and can someone with a soft top 08 or so post a video of how their top goes in the channel above the doors. Any help would be appreciated because i dont have a garage to park it it because of the lift.
(A) http://amzn.com/B001CF53WW
(B) http://amzn.com/B004P23VQO
(C) http://amzn.com/B00MJUOS70*

[* butyl tape is a miracle for JKs regardless of Freedom Top or Softtop....it seals leaks occuring from worn factory butyl tape at key points in the seals around the top(s) and is a wise item to own. NOT saying yours is definitely related to that but on an '08 it'd be about time for the seals to show wear thus a good time to reassess their effectiveness....]

you aren't getting tons of replies because these leak tracking down scenarios are unique to each vehicle , so good luck hunting it down and hope these help a little....

<EDIT: just noticed you said two door; my bad...they make same products I referenced for two doors, also; sorry bout that>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Rock God

Garage

I've had the same issue with my '12. Here's what I think is the problem: originally, there was about a 6" piece of foam tape in the upper corner of the door surrounds (toward the windshield). Over time, heat, and use, that foam strip has disappeared. My driveway has a slope to it and as long as the Jeep is pointed uphill I have no issues. But if it's pointed downhill I get a floorboard full of water in a decent rain (which has been rare here in CA for a while now -- until this winter, that is). Check to see if you have something like that, or can tell that there used to be one there. Fixing your leak may be as simple as a short piece of weatherstrip.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Wheeler

Where did you buy it from? That seems like an issue the dealer should fix, with it being a recent purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode