Best spare tire swing bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-25-2015, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Best spare tire swing bracket

Hey all, just put my lift on my jeep, and am also picking up my wheels/tires today. I am nervous my 35" tire is not going to fit on my spare tire mount on the back. Wanting some input on a good reliable and also not breaking the bank swinging spare tire bracket. Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-26-2015, 02:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

TeraFlex HD tire carrier

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-2015, 07:16 PM
Granite Guru

I like my AEV tire carrier... it mounts to the frame, opens and closes with the rear gate and it can work with most bumpers.

Nothing against the teraflex but when you look at the cost it just doesn't make sense to me.

opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and some stink

Last edited by grumpy5; 11-26-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Granite Guru

Teraflex is light in weight and allows you to open the tailgate just like stock.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-27-2015, 12:13 AM
Rock God

My next jeep will have the teraflex. Open rear like stock and will last longer that a bumper carrier. I wore out my bumper mount carrier just driving around and had to soon rebuild it. One handed operation for the teraflex style. It makes a lot of sense to me.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigcar View Post
-----------------
Good tire size to get the full effect of the suspension. If you are only going to use it for highway use, you could even stuff a 35 but it may rub some. I would go with a 15x10 rim. It will make the tires look wider than they are. I have even seen people put that width tire on a 15x8. You need to get the bracket that best suits you for functionality and style.
Wow, that ^^^ doesn't say shit that's remotely useful or pertinent to this thread. I smell

By any chance , did you join JKO just to get traffic to the vehicle website linked in your signature?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #7 of 7 Old 11-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Wow, I have been looking at and thinking about getting a TF Tire Carrier. Its great hearing everyone say how good it its unprompted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode