Safari and Bikini Tops - JKU - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-23-2015, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Safari and Bikini Tops - JKU

I know it's cold everywhere else, but AZ still has topless weather. Any good experiences with safari tops for a four door? I'm having issues with the ones I've found so far...flapping, stretching and just too loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Do you have a stock soft top? I like that the best. They're cheap to get secondhand and store nicely when you want a little more sun. Soft top up, doors and windows out is my preferred setup for the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

That's definitely a good option. I can't stand the plastic windows. Actually, I've been trying to find a top I can run without door surrounds. I like the wide open look. I found this...anyone have any experiences with it? I bought stuff from Axia for my RZR in the past and it was pretty badass.

http://axiaoffroad.com/Jeep/Jeep-acc...-top-strapless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Rock God

Saw this at the Offroad Expo and pretty impressed with it.

If I was to buy another one today, that would be the option I would go with.
post #5 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Rock God

Not 4dr or safari, but I'm happy with the Mopar SunBonnet(bikini) on my 2dr, half-door. I installed it early '14 and last winter was beyond chilly in central PA. In other words, the Bonnet has since been my roof, 24/7/365.

I think sagging is part of the equation with any soft top but I've only re-tightened anything on the Bonnet once. I don't notice any flapping. I may put in a bow to keep water from pooling. At home, I just park on a slope...everything drains into the "plugs removed" tub.

Obviously, with a 4dr, there's plenty more real estate for fabric to start a flappin'. A bow or two may be an answer to firming things up.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 11:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not exactly a Safari or Bikini top, but have you considered the TrekTop NX? Can remove the rear windows and it functions as a Safari top without all the flapping. And has the sunrider feature, too!

Here's mine with Safari Straps rear panels installed.

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM
Granite Guru

i've been pretty happy with my besttop bikini. i am still using it right now, even though it has been extremely cold.

noisy tops are primarily due to flapping against the soundbar. i built a little support using a wood 1x4, some PVC and foam pipe insulation (i can take a picture later if needed). it acts like the "hoop" on a soft top to keep everything properly stretched. i have heard of people getting the same effect by stuffing a pool noodle between the soundbar and top.

i typically run topless and doorless and keep the besttop bikini and homemade "hoop" rolled up under the rear seat in case of a random downpour.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-30-2015, 11:53 AM
Rock God

I have a mopar sunbonnet (gay ass name) that works with the factory door surrounds and its awesome. I run it as primary top from spring-fall.

Justin
2009 Sahara Unlimited-The Saharacon
Just hanging out in the land of the banned
post #9 of 12 Old 12-01-2015, 02:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got the Trextop NX and I'm happy with it.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-02-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

I ended up grabbing the Axia Offroad top. Pretty nice setup. It just uses one of their clamps on the rear rollbar and a standard header bar. I used my old bar from my bestop. This is by far the tightest top I've put on, and it only took a few minutes to attach. The other cool part is all metal buckles...no plastic to rot away in AZ! Here's a pic of the clamp.

I'll let everyone know how it holds up to highway use next!

They have good pics on the site www.axiaoffroad.com
Attached Images

post #11 of 12 Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Rock God

Good deal.

Interested in hearing how you like it.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-02-2015, 12:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Look into the Off Road Heroes tops.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode