4" Lift needed for aftermarket 44? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

4" Lift needed for aftermarket 44?

Hey JKO,

I have a currie rock jock 44 front end on order from currie and now the shop that I ordered it through is saying that I need at least a 4" lift to clear the 44?

I currently have a 3" BDS and have not seen anything about needing 4 inches of lift on curries website. The shop said that I need the lift so the axle wont contact the oil pan during a hard flex. Maybe an upper control arm mount could contact the pan?

Im just looking for answers. I don't want to have to lift the jeep higher if I don't need to. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo View Post
Hey JKO,

I have a currie rock jock 44 front end on order from currie and now the shop that I ordered it through is saying that I need at least a 4" lift to clear the 44?

I currently have a 3" BDS and have not seen anything about needing 4 inches of lift on curries website. The shop said that I need the lift so the axle wont contact the oil pan during a hard flex. Maybe an upper control arm mount could contact the pan?

Im just looking for answers. I don't want to have to lift the jeep higher if I don't need to. Thanks
Not true. Check your bump stops though....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Find another shop now.

Edit:

To give them the benefit of the doubt, did you order one with additional caster for higher lifted JKs? Regardless I be you will be fine with 3" of lift.

Last edited by ALASHA; 11-12-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-12-2015, 07:48 AM
JKowners Vendor

Wow, that would have me worried about the shop. Do you have a lift? What else are they doing to the Jeep?

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 10 Old 11-12-2015, 09:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Da Fuc ?

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 10 Old 11-12-2015, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Only reason a lift would be needed is if it has the caster set up for a 4"+ lift. Thats what I would check out from the shop

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 10 Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It's a good shop based on a Facebook group recommendation. The owner seems like he does very good work and showed me first hand some of his builds. I'll check with him about the caster.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-13-2015, 03:38 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo View Post
It's a good shop based on a Facebook group recommendation. The owner seems like he does very good work and showed me first hand some of his builds. I'll check with him about the caster.
The amount of liftbyou have has nothing to do with whether the axle hits at full stuff. That is what your bump stops are for.

08 JKUR

Just an asshole with a Jeep....

Rancho+AEV+Rubicon Express+Rock Krawler+Synergy+Warn,+Rough Country+Cobra+Banks+Magnaflow+Superchips+Bestop+Po ison Spyder+EVO+G2+Mopar+Yukon+WTO+Level 8+Coopers+garage wontons
post #9 of 10 Old 12-07-2015, 07:00 AM

Find another shop. Size wise theres really nothing different between a RJ44 and a Rubicon 44. The RJ 44 just comes with all the bracketry and caster already corrected for a 4" lift. You don't really need it though. It's just meant to match up with their RJ 4" lift kit. I ran with 2.5" of lift with mine for about 6 months and never had a problem.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'd welcome the extra castor.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode