Roller Fairlead Problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-10-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Roller Fairlead Problem

I recently put on a 10th Anniversary front bumper. Shortly after, I bought a winch plate and a Warn 9.5cti. Well, I put on the winch plate and winch tonight and all was going well until it was time time put the fairlead on.

The mounting holes on the fairlead are 10" and the mounting holes on the bumper (and winch plate) are 11.25".

Something else that's weird is I checked with someone I know who's also running a 10th Anniversary bumper and the bolt pattern spread on that one is 10".

Anyhow, I've searched quite a bit and cannot seem to find a roller fairlead with a 11.24 bolt pattern spread, so I thought someone here may be able to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Granite Guru

Something is messed up.

All fairleads follow the Warn standard of 10"

< '81 CJ7, Chev power. Leaf springs baby!

2016 JKU Sport
The good guys: Synergy, Artec, MetalCloak, MCE
- 2.5" MC coils, Synergy arms and drag link flip.
- 37" BFG MTs on 17x8.5 -6

2013 GC... 5.7(MILF command centre)
post #3 of 4 Old 11-10-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes, most fairleads are 10", but the 10th Anniversary bumper apparently uses a different one. There are others with 11"+, but they list the width of the fairlead, not the spread of the bolt pattern. Tomorrow I can probably make some calls and see if I can get one that works, but I thought someone here may already have solved this issue on their own 10th Anniversary bumper and can save me some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon View Post
Yes, most fairleads are 10", but the 10th Anniversary bumper apparently uses a different one. There are others with 11"+, but they list the width of the fairlead, not the spread of the bolt pattern. Tomorrow I can probably make some calls and see if I can get one that works, but I thought someone here may already have solved this issue on their own 10th Anniversary bumper and can save me some time.
We add a winch centering plate that bolts into the old holes and recenters the winch.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode