Sliders with a step - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 10-18-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sliders with a step

Before you say anything, I know there are threads out there discussing this subject, but I didn't find the answer I was looking for if it's out there. I am looking for sliders for my JKRU that have a step built in. Just wondering if there is anything that is a similar style to the Nemesis Billy Rockers or the Genright sliders that aren't so GD expensive. The Billy rockers are almost doable but $1k for the Genrights? Man they're kind of hard to justify to the woman. Let me know what you've found if anything...Ready, Shoot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 10-18-2015, 09:36 PM
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PED'sReady0219 View Post
Before you say anything, I know there are threads out there discussing this subject, but I didn't find the answer I was looking for if it's out there. I am looking for sliders for my JKRU that have a step built in. Just wondering if there is anything that is a similar style to the Nemesis Billy Rockers or the Genright sliders that aren't so GD expensive. The Billy rockers are almost doable but $1k for the Genrights? Man they're kind of hard to justify to the woman. Let me know what you've found if anything...Ready, Shoot!
I'll throw our hat in the ring. Any questions let us know!

http://www.vksfab.com/product/prerunner-rock-sliders/

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #3 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

they don't offer the kind of protection that the Nemesis or the Genright aluminum offerings do, but the TeraFlex rock sliders are extruded aluminum , fit like a glove and are much tougher than folks lead you to believe + are super light and have a great step; I have beaten on them and just had to rebedline the dings. Wife approved cost , to boot( I was in same boat as you on the $ ) ....
here comes the "body-mounted" v. Frame mounted sh*tstorm ....

( they can take weight of my four door on them pivoting around and on a rock without damaging the body , fwiw)

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-19-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
they don't offer the kind of protection that the Nemesis or the Genright aluminum offerings do, but the TeraFlex rock sliders are extruded aluminum , fit like a glove and are much tougher than folks lead you to believe + are super light and have a great step; I have beaten on them and just had to rebedline the dings. Wife approved cost , to boot( I was in same boat as you on the $ ) ....
here comes the "body-mounted" v. Frame mounted sh*tstorm ....

( they can take weight of my four door on them pivoting around and on a rock without damaging the body , fwiw)
I love Teraflex products, I have their 3in lift with flex arms installed, but the fact that these are body mounted instead of frame mounted has me a little worried.
post #5 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 07:41 AM
Rock God

LoD sliders are work great as a step and a big plus for me is they come powder coated. Frame mounted and priced fair.
post #6 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
LoD sliders are work great as a step and a big plus for me is they come powder coated. Frame mounted and priced fair.
I looked at these as well. Not sure why they aren't long enough on either end to protect the whole body though. They are on the list as a possibility though.
post #7 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have these, for less than $500 you can't go wrong.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #8 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I love Teraflex products, I have their 3in lift with flex arms installed, but the fact that these are body mounted instead of frame mounted has me a little worried.
they worried me , as well ; but the way extruded aluminum works + the dispersal of the impact areas due to the bolt configuration makes these spread the load of an impact out much better. you have three key bolts run up and thru the body into the re-enforced edge of floor and then the 7 rivnutcert that hold it to the outer body really make them more stout than they are given credit for; if you slam down 3' off a ledge onto a spire or spike of rock? sure, they will probably damage the body; but for use and abuse that a thought-out line will take you down, they can work while not weighing 100+ lbs combined. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make because the wife and kids had to have ingress options and I was not adding another 100 bls on the rig. When I saw the design I became far less worried and then read about aluminum extrusion and became even less concerned. Again, I have pivoted with the right side fully a top a rock on these and no damage other than a gouge on the slider.
But if you are a basher, these won't be the best choice, agreed......

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-19-2015 at 08:22 AM.
post #9 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
I have these, for less than $500 you can't go wrong.
those were my first choice but , again, the weight; very similar design to the TeraFlex but those are 150lbs combined weight; the TF are 47lbs combined. RockSlide makes awesome stuff.

post #10 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I looked at these as well. Not sure why they aren't long enough on either end to protect the whole body though. They are on the list as a possibility though.
They really are long enough.
post #11 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for all the input. Giving me a lot more to think about. Again, I really do like Teraflex products, and the weight is great on those. Their engineering department over there really does put a lot of thought into the products they put out. I also stumbled across some that Hanson Offroad makes. Anyone know anything about them?
post #12 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
I'll throw our hat in the ring. Any questions let us know!

http://www.vksfab.com/product/prerunner-rock-sliders/
Vick, I will take a look. I just finished finally putting your prerunner bumper on this weekend. Took me a day to so to get used to it after having that monstrosity(OEM bumper) for so long, but I am digging it. Now all I need is a winch and a light bar to hook up to it and I'll be in business.

post #13 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

that's a good looking , stout-appearing stubby; I like it very much+ looks good on your rig. It takes time to get used to functional upgrades versus the gork-fest thst are the OEM plastics, fer sure. Enjoy the improved clearance and don't worry how she looks ( great!)

post #14 of 44 Old 10-19-2015, 05:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got LOD sliders and love them.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #15 of 44 Old 10-22-2015, 01:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Did you see this option too?

https://www.nem-ind.com/products/jk-...ep-rocker.html

Tell your lady it is for her!!!
Good luck!

Quote:

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST ALL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #16 of 44 Old 10-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Wheeler

I really like my tnt customs sliders.https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_part...k_rock_sliders

2013 JKUR 4 Door, Trail Ready graphite deadlocks, 37" KM2's, 3" BDS Lift, Rugid Ridge XHD front bumper, artec truss, sleeves and rcvs with 4.56 gears.

If it ain't broke fix it till it is
post #17 of 44 Old 10-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Wheeler

the metalcloak flip step sliders may be be closer to the cost of the genrights once you get them powdercoated, but they're a good solution if you need a lower step for the wife or little ones. they can be 'flipped' when your ready to hit the trails.
post #18 of 44 Old 10-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

I have been looking at these!!!!!

Has anyone installed these..I would like to here some feed back???

http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.php...us-r4-001.html

Chad
post #19 of 44 Old 10-26-2015, 05:28 AM
Rock God

Garage

On the inexpensive side, I have a set of these from Tomken. $379 and really beefy.

http://www.tomken.com/detail.php?id=365

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #20 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Industries View Post
Did you see this option too?

https://www.nem-ind.com/products/jk-...ep-rocker.html

Tell your lady it is for her!!!
Good luck!
I like those too, but I think I prefer the Billy Rockers. I know the armor is riveted to the body but are they attached to the frame as well?
post #21 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
On the inexpensive side, I have a set of these from Tomken. $379 and really beefy.

http://www.tomken.com/detail.php?id=365
These look super stout, but I have to say, I am not a huge fan of the aesthetics of them. Thanks for the suggestion though!
post #22 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Talking

They mount to the under body but also use the frame body bolts to help support them.

Quote:
I like those too, but I think I prefer the Billy Rockers. I know the armor is riveted to the body but are they attached to the frame as well?

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #23 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Industries View Post
They mount to the under body but also use the frame body bolts to help support them.
Do you guys have a steel option for the Billy Rockers? Or is aluminum it?
post #24 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 03:15 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Talking

Just aluminum, steel is just so.... heavy.

Quote:
Do you guys have a steel option for the Billy Rockers? Or is aluminum it?

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #25 of 44 Old 10-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Wheeler

Slider Steps: Rocker Walks for JK from KM Safari

We make a set of Rocker Walk Side steps that are heavy duty and FRAME MOUNTED. They are great for a standing surface and stout enough to tolerate rock abuse... They are not designed to go boulder bashing for the rest of their life, but they will take some trail punishment without getting destroyed and they will protect your body section. All while providing a great step!

They work great: Here's a link where you can get them from Quadratec: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fAYcXcXW4nCteghttps://www.jkowners.com/forum/attach...1&d=1446159964Name:  IMG_0340 Resized.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  279.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0357 Hinge Step 1080.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  960.4 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode