Ready to Just Empty Every Pocket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-16-2015, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ready to Just Empty Every Pocket

Well time has come to take the leap into jeep hood - so far I have a Poison Spyder Bumper with a Warn Winch on it. Started with these because it was Winter when i bought it and i wanted to be ready to help family and fries who get stuck - like i used to in my Beamer. (Never Again)

Was wondering what I should do next - Lift - Tires - Fenders - Wheels - LED Lights - Gussets - Front dana 44 axles - List goes on on on on

Ill describe my ride and what i do with it and i would love everyones advice on where i should start and why they think this...

2015 JKU Willy Edition - rear lockers - 3.73 - rear dana 44 - front dana 30 - Hardtop - 17 in Wheels - 31 in Tires - Max Tow package (Think that all important things you guys need to know)

Its my Daily Driver and i might go off roading Twice a month - mostly trails with mud/snow/sand/etc for camping/hunting/fishing/etc and more serious off roading maybe once or twice a year

- Please do not say do what makes you happy or anything like that cause i know this already but just want everyone else input you all might know or think of something i have not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Dan, if I may. I suggest you do some research before just throwing money at your Jeep. Educate yourself, and do it once the right way. Slow down.

For example, your Willys edition came with 32" BFG KM mud terrains, not
"31's". It also didn't come with "rear lockers", but merely a limited slip. Do you know the difference? Not bashing, we all started somewhere, but, it is much cheaper in the long run. I understand your enthusiasm.

Post some pics, let's see that bad boy.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”― Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 07:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Never underestimate a stock JK; theres a reason mine is still mostly stock

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Wheeler

My opinion is that you figure out what size tire you want to run and start at the diffs then work out and up from there. Buy glamour items like light bars and doodads later.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I upgrade based upon functionality & need; If you wanna hood ( & to spend a ton of $) , go for it. You could also just allow heat to escape by adding louvers yourself to the OEM hood. Synergy MFG doesnt offer the 14" rectangles any longer but Genright has some.
Just a longtime owner of Jeeps opinion: do not upgrade because you feel compelled to ....you';ll wind up with a goofy looking catalog token jeep. Wheel the sh*t out of it and when you find something that doesn't get you where you wanna get to , upgrade as required or learn to drive better with th estock Jeep which is far more capable as it comes from factory than 99% of people will ever need.
Jeep On and enjoy , whatever you choose to do!
( it does not have to be a pocket emptying experience to be capable and an off road beast; me and my 3 Jeeps promise this!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 09:04 AM
JKO Addict!

If you are new to Jeeps and are not familiar with winches I would strongly urge you to take some time and research winch safety as improper use can cause injury or even death from broken metal cables. This is something new people often do and I have seen too many times where people stand down the winch line while trying to recover a vehicle. I have seen broken mounts go thru the front windshield. IF you want to spend money look into a good synthetic line and enter proper recovery gear before going out and playing tow truck driver.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Everything is will happen slowly i don't mean as i am going to go out and buy all this stuff tomorrow

Sorry if i messed up any wording or numbers i do understand the difference, my buddy explained all this stuff to me before i purchased my jeep, was just on forums for hours looking things up so was just tired, but thank you for you advice - Should see my computer desk sticky galore with info on al different things i want or might want for my jeep and idea and Do it yourself notes and all that jazz its crazy - Fiancé hates it

For the Winch i do know my safety i grew up with them and used them on my trucks - and do have synthetic just in case my kids ever need to use it when they start driving in a couple years i can teach them so much about it but kids will always do stupid things

i agree the stock jeep can get me through a lot of the things i do - i been rock crawling, mudding, and just don't some dirt trails so far and my jeep handle everything pretty well the rocks gave me some trouble but with a spotter i got through it with only a few hits on my skid plates and one scratch on my rim but thats the fun.

I am going to run 35 and 2.5 lift but build for 37's so if i ever want to enjoy the bigger tires i can

As of now i might be doing Fenders - lift - tires/rims and go from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode