Didnt know where to put this. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Didnt know where to put this.

There is no "contact us" forum, so I will jsut ask in here and mods can move if need be.

6 Days ago I PM'd "Lance" the administrator with a question. Havent heard from him. Anyone else care to help me out with something reference a "Basement Builders" thing here like the "other" forum?

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

60 views and not one moderator or anyone can help me out?

post #3 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Rock God

I guess no one can accuse this forum of being heavily moderated.

Here's a list of others who may be able to help. Not sure what good it'll do...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showgroups.php

'07 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Granite Guru

Mods are probably out wheeling...

2012 JKUR Bright White
EVO Enforcer 4" w King 2.0's
37" Toyo Open Country MT's
post #5 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roklimo View Post
Mods are probably out wheeling...
post #6 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Granite Guru

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you have something to sell you can just sell it here, or post up a link to a site where you are selling it.

2007 JK Rubicon
Clayton Offroad 3.5" | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Cragar Soft 8s | JE Reel 1350 drive lines | Alloy USA front axle shafts
post #7 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you have something to sell you can just sell it here, or post up a link to a site where you are selling it.
I really need to confirm that. This site has vendors too that I dont want to piss off. This isnt a "one off" thing. I could theoretically get as many as I needed to sell to you guys.

I can guarantee though that there are guys on here that will LOVE IT. Best $100 you will ever spend

Once I get the go ahead, I will tell you all. I hate to be so cryptic, but I need to confirm this before I start to give it out. I am not a vendor, just a guy who came up with something pretty ingenious that all Jeepers with a winch will truly appreciate.

post #8 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Granite Guru

I have a winch. Tell me dammit.

2007 JK Rubicon
Clayton Offroad 3.5" | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Cragar Soft 8s | JE Reel 1350 drive lines | Alloy USA front axle shafts
post #9 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Openly Hostile

You aren't going to get in trouble here for talking about your product...if you do start selling them I am sure you will be encouraged to sign up as a vendor and get your yellow star for $100.00. There are several vendors here that are not preferred vendors.

What ya got?

Jason
post #10 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I have a winch. Tell me dammit.
But you don't have a $100 bucks.

Dirty Minion #6
post #11 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolfknip View Post
I really need to confirm that. This site has vendors too that I dont want to piss off. This isnt a "one off" thing. I could theoretically get as many as I needed to sell to you guys.

I can guarantee though that there are guys on here that will LOVE IT. Best $100 you will ever spend

Once I get the go ahead, I will tell you all. I hate to be so cryptic, but I need to confirm this before I start to give it out. I am not a vendor, just a guy who came up with something pretty ingenious that all Jeepers with a winch will truly appreciate.
Please do not post your product without signing up as a sponsor. As a paying sponsor,... yeah right. F-it Just post up dude.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
But you don't have a $100 bucks.
Actually, I just sold my stock front axle shafts to Alec W, and just by coincidence I sold them for $100. So, ... yourself!

2007 JK Rubicon
post #13 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Please do not post your product without signing up as a sponsor. As a paying sponsor,... yeah right. F-it Just post up dude.
haha best post EVAR!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #14 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Rock God

the suspense is killing me....

i always say, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
post #15 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok, I have a Wireless winch controller. It has 2 buttons that are momentary on (press to activate, release to stop) for paying in and out of your winch. It has 2 more buttons that are on/off (press once for on, press again for off) that you can use for an air compressor, lights, anything with a switch basically.

The wiring is easy enough to do (I have now installed it on 3 winches a Superwinch 8500 and 2 X Champions) all you need is a power source for the receiver (I spliced into my CB) and the cabling to run to the solenoids of the winch. It is an insulated 3 wire cable included in the "kit" I am selling. The wireless fob has been tested up to 100' and works awesome. The Fob also has an on off switch, so you dont accidentally activate it.

The receiver box can be mounted really anywhere you want. I was able to remove the cover of it, wrap it in electrical tape and mount in the spot at the side of the dash beside the right vent. If you wanted to keep the cover on you could also throw it on the plastic piece under the glove box. (it is handy there because you can remove the inline fuse to ensure no random signal set it off at the mall or where ever ) I dont think range would be affected much there and you can always add a small wire to route the antenna whereever you wanted.

The winch companies sell these, yes. They dont have the two extra buttons though for aux equip and most dont allow you to use your wired controller after install, mine does.
No soldering involved (unless you want to) and it can be installed in less than an hour.
I have yet to find a "brand name" one for under $140, my full kit will be $100 and to the States that includes shipping.

Full instructions with pictures will be included. Not to mention I would be available to help anyone. All I would need is a picture of your solenoids.

The only thing you need to do is confirm if your controller connector is able to be jumpered to make your winch work. If so, then my kit will work with it. As far as I can tell most of the cheaper "made in China" winches are controlled like this. I do not know about Warns yet. And there isnt a Powerplant for me to test on either.(I would love to see it control the compressor on there too!)

So what do you guys think? Be honest please.

Here are some vids of it in action up close:
Vid 1
Vid 2

thanks

And if this pisses off the vendors and mods please delete it.

Last edited by dyolfknip; 08-14-2008 at 07:03 PM.
post #16 of 23 Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Oh and sorry for the late reply, I was installing another one lol...

post #17 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Anyone interested?

post #18 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Openly Hostile

cool idea, I had bought the warn one and then ended up selling it because I didn't like that it took up the plug.

Jason
post #19 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
cool idea, I had bought the warn one and then ended up selling it because I didn't like that it took up the plug.
Ya the way I wire mine in, it doesnt do that...

post #20 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Granite Guru

I guess this won't support the Powerplant in so far as really replacing the controller, correct? I passed on their wireless controller, because it didn't replace all of the functions. Why have two controllers afterall.

2007 JK Rubicon
post #21 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I guess this won't support the Powerplant in so far as really replacing the controller, correct? I passed on their wireless controller, because it didn't replace all of the functions. Why have two controllers afterall.
I would need a guy with who knows how to use a multi meter. I have never even seen a hand controller for a PP. It is just a switch though. I bet I could get it to work with my set up. If you know how to use one and are willing to work with me I would cut you a REALLY good deal to do a write up for install. All it would take is you taking some reading off of your controller and if it is comaptible, figuring a way to wire it, post pics and a wirte up.

Todd

Last edited by dyolfknip; 08-15-2008 at 11:06 AM.
post #22 of 23 Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolfknip View Post
I would need a guy with who knows how to use a multi meter. I have never even seen a hand controller for a PP. It is just a switch though. I bet I could get it to work with my set up. If you know how to use one and are willing to work with me I would cut you a REALLY good deal to do a write up for install. All it would take is you taking some reading off of your controller and if it is comaptible, figuring a way to wire it, post pics and a wirte up.

Todd
Thanks for the offer. I'd probably kill myself. The hand controller is pretty much as you'd imagine. You can kind of see it in the picture below. You have the winch in/out at the top and in the handle you have an ackward little toggle switch that controls the compressor -- that switch has no use unless the winch is in compressor mode.

I'd be willing to take some readings off the multimeter (which I'd have to buy), but I wouldn't be messing with wiring on my all too expensive PowerPlant. I'll leave that to the experts.

2007 JK Rubicon
post #23 of 23 Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Garage
Question it took up the plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Can you just unplug the plug and use the wired controler if needed? I have been thinking of getting one and though I could just leave it unplugged if I wanted to.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode